How Do You Feed Your Dog Vegetables?

Guest english.ivy

Guest june.andnovas

As many may know I now have a belgian pup and she's eating minced chicken frames from leonards .. she will eat it but i think she's still settling in and isn't too interested in food. She also gets other foods, everything the breeder was feeding her.

But I'm wondering how you feed your dogs veges? Do they get them whole or pureed? Have you fed them the pulp left over from juicing fruits, mainly oranges?

I feed my veges in all differend forms. Sometimes I pulp them all up in a juicer, like carrots, apples, citris, pears, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach... I mix some of the juice in with the left over pulp.

I cook up pumpkin occasionally too and put them into a food processor with other fruits and veges.

I also give fruit and veges raw too. Apples and carrots are a favourite for chewing on.

Hello June, :rofl:

Ivy has been used to eating her veggies mixed in with her chicken mince. She may be off her food because she is still settling in. :)

What you are giving her probably tastes different to what I was giving her. Before she left here she was eating the chicken mince with yoghurt a little oil and the Dr Bruce's Complete mix. Prior to this I was making the veggies myself.

If you can't get a hold of the complete mix just throw the raw veggies (carrot, peas, beans, spinach, alfalpha, brocolli etc) after throwing them in the blender and pulverising them. Add some garlic to this, she loves garlic and see how you go. Whatever you could eat raw she can eat raw too. If you aren't feeding her the complete mix then it's probably a good idea to give her some flackseed oil for her skin and coat and don't forget to give her fish 1-2 times per week. :) The Dr Billinghurst books I suggested are great guides to raw feeding. :rofl:

She was aalways a good eater so hopefully she'll be back on track soon. :cry:

Cheerio,

Maria

Guest june.andnovas

Thanks for the replies. She eats good if I hand feed her, which I'm sure is ok to do until she is settled in. bones are no problems, she goes nuts over them!

I had some vege mix, powder form, that I brought for my cats (they hated it) and mixed that in with her mince this morning and she ate pretty much most, half was hand fed. I would rather hand feed than her not eat.

With the sardines she seems picky so I've bought some with tomato sauce as she was eating cherry tomatos from the bushes outside. See how they go.

Ah yes I have linseed oil myself so I will start adding that to her meals tomorrow morning. She also eats RC german shepherd as it was the one with the best ingrediants, only added rice .. wheat free! her poops have been firm since moving in too :(

Guest june.andnovas
I was told to blend my dogs vegetables as a dogs body is not designed to digest them.

same, to feed veges the same way they would from eating the stomach of a kill. mmm yum.