Inspiring Agility Videos

Kavik

The missed A-frame contact was a big shock though, considering the work she put into Buzz who never missed a contact is his entire agility career :) I can only wish!!! :)

Two different contact training methods - Buzz had 2o2o and Encore does a running.

Ironic that she should miss at worlds too as when she was here she said that the only reason she taught Encore a running was to get that fraction of a second edge to win worlds. (Looks like Murphy's Law also applies to agility! )

And yeah, I love watching her run too - awesome handler.

The missed A-frame contact was a big shock though, considering the work she put into Buzz who never missed a contact is his entire agility career :thumbsup: I can only wish!!! :laugh:

Two different contact training methods - Buzz had 2o2o and Encore does a running.

Ironic that she should miss at worlds too as when she was here she said that the only reason she taught Encore a running was to get that fraction of a second edge to win worlds. (Looks like Murphy's Law also applies to agility! )

:thumbsup: Bugger!! I'm still shocked though.

Luke, precues are signalling to the dog where it needs to go next before it takes the obstacle before the directional change. You can see this handler often using either opposite arm/hand or both arms/hands to give directional cues.

In a really simple version, picture 3 jumps - a precue would be telling the dog what direction it needs to take jump 3 before its set itself for jump 2 so it can take the cleanest and quickest line. You could tell the dog by bringing your opposite arm (furthest from your dog) across the front of your body and pointing it Jump 2. Tells the dog "take jump 2 then turn in the direction of the pointing hand".

Not that easy to explain via forum, plus there seems to be 2 types of precues. One using opposite hand/arm which isn't used/accepted a lot I've noticed, then there's general body language i.e running flat out towards a jump to indicate "keep going forward" vs slowing down towards the jump which is a "there's a turn coming so pull up and be ready for it" which is used a lot more.

Edited by Jess.

The missed A-frame contact was a big shock though, considering the work she put into Buzz who never missed a contact is his entire agility career :eek: I can only wish!!! :)

:) Bugger!! I'm still shocked though.

Luke, precues are signalling to the dog where it needs to go next before it takes the obstacle before the directional change. You can see this handler often using either opposite arm/hand or both arms/hands to give directional cues.

In a really simple version, picture 3 jumps - a precue would be telling the dog what direction it needs to take jump 3 before its set itself for jump 2 so it can take the cleanest and quickest line. You could tell the dog by bringing your opposite arm (furthest from your dog) across the front of your body and pointing it Jump 2. Tells the dog "take jump 2 then turn in the direction of the pointing hand".

Not that easy to explain via forum, plus there seems to be 2 types of precues. One using opposite hand/arm which isn't used/accepted a lot I've noticed, then there's general body language i.e running flat out towards a jump to indicate "keep going forward" vs slowing down towards the jump which is a "there's a turn coming so pull up and be ready for it" which is used a lot more.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.