How Expensive Are Dog Trainers

Raven

Hi,

I was to restart training with my 4 month Newfie Pup on Saturday.

My living circumstances have changed this week and I'm now living

solo with my 5 yr old son, also finance will be a little bit tight until i can get on my feet.

I was wondering how much do trainers charge on the average when they visit you. I just can't get to

classes now as I have no-one to watch my son.

Digi our pup is getting there with his training but i do think he needs some more formal help.

I'm close to Lismore NSW if that helps.

Thanks Sharon

Hi,

I was to restart training with my 4 month Newfie Pup on Saturday.

My living circumstances have changed this week and I'm now living

solo with my 5 yr old son, also finance will be a little bit tight until i can get on my feet.

I was wondering how much do trainers charge on the average when they visit you. I just can't get to

classes now as I have no-one to watch my son.

Digi our pup is getting there with his training but i do think he needs some more formal help.

I'm close to Lismore NSW if that helps.

Thanks Sharon

I suggest you ring around - there's a huge variance.

I've seen rates from $50/hour to $100+ per hour.

I slit my own throat on this. I charge $80 for the initial consultation (it takes longer and there is more discussion involved) then $60 for ongoing - 1 1/2 hrs.

I was charging $50 for 2 hours until another trainer smacked me upside the head and told me I was selling myself WAY too short. True. It is a lot of wear and tear on my car, the travel time, equipment I need to buy etc. I still feel bad charging people too much though :rofl:

I slit my own throat on this. I charge $80 for the initial consultation (it takes longer and there is more discussion involved) then $60 for ongoing - 1 1/2 hrs.

I was charging $50 for 2 hours until another trainer smacked me upside the head and told me I was selling myself WAY too short. True. It is a lot of wear and tear on my car, the travel time, equipment I need to buy etc. I still feel bad charging people too much though :rofl:

Damn i wish you were in the NT!!!!!

We were charged $180.00 and the trainer was at our place for two hours. I think that is a pretty standard price from what i understand? :wave:

Yep, about the same for me- a bit extra for a followup visit. But I am in Sydney and it may be cheaper where you are.

If you get a decent trainer they should be available by phone if you have further problems. My wonderful trainer has been extremely supportive in the ensuing months after i saw him.

However, the first trainer I used was not so helpful (in all ways...:rofl: ). It really pays to get a good recommendation from someone who lives near you.

And Nekhbet- I reckon you are STILL undercharging!! :(:o

hehe Probably ... but I actually feel guilty charging - stupid I know since I have forked over so much to be in this position but I'm a sucker for helping people :thumbsup: I've even done the odd freebie as well :laugh:

so who needs training :thumbsup:

Damn i wish you were in the NT!!!!!

free training if you pay for the airfare and accom :laugh:

Edited by Nekhbet

One trainer who i won't name, charged me $110 for an assessment that took him all of about 5 - 10minute's. He spent about 20 minutes after that talking to me. Too hard basket once again. ......I'm now starting a program through email from K9 Force. Looks promising.