Which Grooming Clipper

Marble

Hi all

I have decided to clip my own maltese.....:cry:

With many weeks of researching i have come up with 2 model clippers that i am interested in.

They both seem to be very similiar in price and functions.. but i just don't know which one will make the cut..

so.. to everyone with experience in clippers and clipping your own dog of course..

please help me

The Andis Pro Pet (single speed) MGB2?

OR

The Wahl KMS single speed?

Hi all

I have decided to clip my own maltese..... :cry:

With many weeks of researching i have come up with 2 model clippers that i am interested in.

They both seem to be very similiar in price and functions.. but i just don't know which one will make the cut..

so.. to everyone with experience in clippers and clipping your own dog of course..

please help me

The Andis Pro Pet (single speed) MGB2?

OR

The Wahl KMS single speed?

I have a Wahl single speed that I've used for a couple of years. I actually prefer the whal to any of my other clippers, I have never tried the Andis so I can't comment.

I've clipped a friends dog using her andis and my wahl clippers (i have the km2 which is the 2 speed one but a lot of people only use the single speed ones) and i much prefer my wahls. I found that they were quieter and had less vibration than the andis ones but i've heard people say that they thought the andis ones were quieter.

People like different things - you'll find a lot of people who prefer the andis and a lot of people who prefer wahl. My advice would be to try and see if you can find someone who has each and see which one you like better.

After 22 years of using Oster and Wahl, I have now been converted to the Lazor RX. There are corded and rechargeable models. I have the rechargeable ones and I liked them so much I purchased a second set.

I use them on my dogs (American Cockers and a Lowchen) and my horses (Arabians). They are great. Light, quick to recharge, adjustable cutting lengths and don't run hot OR noisy!