Should I Get My Pups Desexed On The Same Day?

snr

Yes have had two 5 month old pug pups done on the same day. They probably coped better because they had eachother for company.

As for recovery I just let them carry on as usual whilst thier stitches were in, of course no jumping off things, and when I thought they were getting a little rough or had done enough playing I would put them in their puppy pen which soon calmed them down.

So yes get them done together and get yourself a puppy pen or crate that you can put them in when you want them to be quiet.

I had my two Staffy's done at the same time, but I also took two weeks off work to make sure they didnt rip each other's stitches out.

They were quiete for probably 48 hours, after that it was back to full on, I had to either keep them seperate or watch them very closely.

I am thinking I will get them done Early To Mid December. I am on holidays from work then for 6 weeks so That gives me peace of mind that I can watch them as much as possible. You know I didn't even think of having to separate them I have just Sold my 2 crates that I had bought thinking that I would crate them But turned out We decided to Not to. So now will have to think of a different way of keeping them apart when needed. I just have to say I am getting quite addicted to this site So helpful, Thanks everyone for the advice....I know this is off topic but I have been trying to upload some pics on here but it says that they are too big, Does anyone know how to re-size pics?

easy way is to load them onto www.photobucket.com you can pick the size they will be just before you uplaod them. then just copy the code into your post and the photo will appear the correct size when you press add reply!

What sort of dogs are they? Where do you live? Sometimes vets have crates they loan out.

Maybe someone can lend you a puppy pen for two weeks. Or if you have a kids playpen that would be fine as well.

I doubt very much you will have to seperate them just keep them in a confined area should stop them being to crazy.

Hi Puggy Puggy

I am in Hillcrest, Brisbane

And they are Labs

My vet Is Petvax at Underwood not sure if you have heard of them But I guess It couldn't hurt If I asked if they did lend crates out.

Otherwise I might pick up a cheap puppy Pen from the Warehouse

IMG_1668.jpg

Oh Finally I Gotta pic up..HEHEHEHE

Edited by snr