Finally Received Email From Natura, Usa

Just received this email from Natura, USa who ake Evo, Innova,California Natural

Colleen,

Rest assured that none of the Natura foods (Innova, Evo, California Natural, HealthWise or Mother Nature Treats) are irradiated anywhere including Australia. All of our foods are licensed under AQIS rules for importation and do not receive any type of irradiation.

Thank you for your email and support of our foods.

Sincerely,

Sean Gilpin

Natura Pet Products

I have posted this as a separate topic as the Email is Directly from the Maker and the person has given their full name that way listers can be assured it is true and not like the previous email I received from the Australian Importer whos signed off their email as "reception"

I'm sure people interested can read the one thread about the one topic - maybe Troy can put the two or three topics all together.

Guest belgian.blue

Great work colleen. Now I'm very sure I will stick with Natura. I plan to switch my kitten back to this when we get home.

Thinking earlier that some people are against Natura foods as only PP stock them and PP sells live animals. Does Natura foods support the selling of live animals? Maybe that could be an interesting question to ask them colleen? They could tell lies but they seem quite truthful so far.

Another good point about Cal Nat is the kibble is a good size and the dogs do crunching before swolling, well Ivy does. Most of the dry out there are tiny pieces that larger dogs find too small to chew and they go down whole. Which I can't see being a very good thing for the dogs stomach as they find dry food hard enough to digest in the first place.

Thinking earlier that some people are against Natura foods as only PP stock them and PP sells live animals. Does Natura foods support the selling of live animals?

They do not. In the US, they only supply to stores that do not sell puppies or kittens. Unfortunately they aren't interested in being consistent worldwide and will continue to sell exclusively to PP. Members of this forum have contacted Natura about this issue.

Yes I like the size of the California Natural kibble too as having Collies it is big enough for them to crunch and chew .Too many of the kibbles out there are way too small for bigger breeds.

Yes and I do know that Natura DO NOT support the sale of pups/kittens in pet shops. It was just pure luck that PP won the Import licence for Natura products.

I have no qualms buying it from Pet Goods Direct and the Collies love it too

IR:

Yes and I do know that Natura DO NOT support the sale of pups/kittens in pet shops. It was just pure luck that PP won the Import licence for Natura products.

Pure luck - definitely not. PP didn't win the import licence in a lottery. Natura would have to have made a conscious decision to overlook PP's sale of pups and kittens to grant them the licence. My guess is they had the best bid and of course they have a national distribution and marketting set up.

The facts are that buying any product from PP puts $$ in their hands. If you have strong views about the sale of pups and kittens in pet shops, you can't finesse that away by suggesting that any product sold by the chain is somehow more ethical than they are.

Natura indirectly support the sale of pups in pet shops by allowing the product to be stocked ONLY in places that sell them. Part of those profits goes towards fighting legislation to prevent puppy farming. You support the chain, you support the practice financially I'm afraid.

Edited by poodlefan

Natura indirectly support the sale of pups in pet shops by allowing the product to be stocked ONLY in places that sell them. Part of those profits goes towards fighting legislation to prevent puppy farming. You support the chain, you support the practice financially I'm afraid.

absolutely :)

I am one of the many people who have written to Natura and they don't seem to give a rats that their only supplier in Oz is PP/PGD etc.

It is an excellent food, but geez, Natura would increase their sales by 10000000% if they had other distributors.

efs

Edited by anniek

Well maybe all of you should email Natura as I Did and voice your concerns over who has importation rights here in Oz and they may just let other suppliers access to their products.

Lobbying is the best way change can happen.

Boycotting is pretty damn good also. :) Money talks.

Edited by poodlefan

Guest belgian.blue

Well how much is being done to stop live pets being sold, does anyone know? What has been done in the past?

In no way do I support live pets in shops but Natura is a very good food, I know from personal experience. Sadly I'm going to keep buying it as Ivy does very well on it. Maybe if all of use who like Natura could band together and get them to stock it through another company?

Well maybe all of you should email Natura as I Did and voice your concerns over who has importation rights here in Oz and they may just let other suppliers access to their products.

Lobbying is the best way change can happen.

Boycotting is pretty damn good also. :cheer: Money talks.

:) No way would I buy anything from the PP mob you carnt be against puppy farms if you go out and support one of the companys that sell puppies theyve got from puppy farmers.If your giving PP money part of that money will go to puppy farmers to buy more pups and the more pups they buy the more the puppy farms will produce. Just think of all those poor bitches locked in cages having puppies twice a year til they carnt physically do it any more and then god knows what happens to them :cheers: I think its hypocrtical to say your against puppy farms but buy your food or anything else from PP or any of the companys that are part of the chain. Youve got to stand up for what you believe in.

Well how much is being done to stop live pets being sold, does anyone know? What has been done in the past?

In no way do I support live pets in shops but Natura is a very good food, I know from personal experience. Sadly I'm going to keep buying it as Ivy does very well on it. Maybe if all of use who like Natura could band together and get them to stock it through another company?

In NSW, a Bill has been introduced into Parliament (and redrafted) to prevent such sales. The PIAA is actively lobbying to scupper the Bill. PP is a member and PP profits (to which you would be contributing) help fund the effort.

In the ACT, the RSPCA has commenced a campaign to ban such sales. No doubt the PIAA will fight that here too.

While you may not morally support puppy farms, your continued purchases will contribute to the profits of THE largest retailer supplied by puppy farms in this country. Those profits fund efforts to keep puppy farms in operation.