My 6 Month Old Lab Boy Is Limping

snr

Hi I have a 6 Month old Labbie Boy who I have noticed Is limping when he is walking on the lead or when he is going for a run in the park.

I have checked his Paws to see if he has a cut on any of his paws. He doesn't. They can be quite dry though. I have rubbed cream into them, and they seemed to get a little bit better.

I thought I would come on here and see if any one has any Ideas, But i think I will ring my vet too.

It would definitely be a good idea to take him to the vet and get him checked over, as poodlefan said it's possible that the pain is not actually in his leg and hence why it's not hurting when you touch it. I've learnt that one through experience :)

Check his paws and in between his toes thoroughly for any prickles (thorns) as one of my Lab boys quite often gets a prickle in one or more of his paws during our walks in the summertime. If no prickles, then off to the Vet he goes for a check.

yeah the left one when I touch it he doesn't cry.

Left front?

Could be that he has strained his elbow or shoulder, could also be that his neck is out. Maybe he has elbow displaysia or his bones are growing incorrectly.

Can you have a prod and poke around to see if you can locate the pain?

Does he jump off things?

I would rest him for a few days and see how he is. If things don't improve then a trip to the vets is worth making.