Handlers Basic Workshop

Guest PixieOfWrath

Yay a reunion :mad:o

Who are you bringing PoW. - will you be bringing your shepherd that Steve was after last time?

Yarp, I'll be bringing Desmo. I need help with not pulling on the lead, even with a prong collar I am getting nowhere so I'm obviously a simpleton with no brains to speak of and somebody needs to kick some sense into me :eek:

Am looking forward to it, got some great tips last time :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay a reunion :mad:o
Who are you bringing PoW. - will you be bringing your shepherd that Steve was after last time?

Yarp, I'll be bringing Desmo. I need help with not pulling on the lead, even with a prong collar I am getting nowhere so I'm obviously a simpleton with no brains to speak of and somebody needs to kick some sense into me :eek:

Am looking forward to it, got some great tips last time :(

Just hope he doesn't single us out as people who should know how to do loose leash walking, that will be embarrassing as no doubt Jake will show me up :eek:

You'd better be careful Steve doesn't dog nap Desmo!! :cheer: He may devise a cunning plan if he knows he is coming.

ETA: what's the lick leg????

I actually read it first time as I want to see Steve lick Top's leg !!! I am definitely losing it.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

Well Steve could lick Top's leg if he wanted.

Top is a very anxious dog who has developed an obsessive lick behaviour - mostly concentrated to his left leg, but he also will lick the other, walls, floor etc. Hes got a red lick mark now, am worried its going to develop into a lick granuloma.

Darcy doesn't need much basic obedience - so hes better off staying home while I take Top.

I'd love to cure Top's bike phobia - hows Jake going with skateboards now?

Guest PixieOfWrath
Just hope he doesn't single us out as people who should know how to do loose leash walking, that will be embarrassing as no doubt Jake will show me up :cheer:

O God! I sure hope not :mad

You'd better be careful Steve doesn't dog nap Desmo!! :( He may devise a cunning plan if he knows he is coming.

Steve'd better be careful then, if Desmo embarrasses me too much with his lack-of-loose-leash-walking I may not need much convincing to leave him there :o

I actually read it first time as I want to see Steve lick Top's leg !!! I am definitely losing it.

Me too! :eek:

Well Steve could lick Top's leg if he wanted.

Top is a very anxious dog who has developed an obsessive lick behaviour - mostly concentrated to his left leg, but he also will lick the other, walls, floor etc. Hes got a red lick mark now, am worried its going to develop into a lick granuloma.

Darcy doesn't need much basic obedience - so hes better off staying home while I take Top.

I'd love to cure Top's bike phobia - hows Jake going with skateboards now?

Heaps better, but he still looks out for them. I have more control now than I used to tho thanks to Steve.

I should add that luckily for my dog handling skills, skateboard technology has moved on and the new skateboards which fold up don't have the same wheels (ie they don't make the same sound) and Jake is not interested in them. So with luck the problem may gradually phase itself out anyway despite my handling :mad Gotta love progress.

When I saw Steve he said Jake may have a touch of OCD as he does some obssessive things too.

Jake is not looking too fine at the moment though as he has hurt his lip I think on the fence barking at next door's dog, he now has a pink dog equivalent of fat lip, I am hoping once it heals it will go black again otherwise I will be changing his name to scarface! So please don't think I have been beating him when you see him! :(

Will be nice to meet some of you :love: , I have been undecided on which dog to bring... but will probably bring Rocko the new boy as I find him difficult to handle off home grounds due to his size. Got to say Im a bit nervous :D

Me too, Scout is my first dog and i'm sure I'm doing everything wrong :scared:

I'm heading up from Wollongong too :laugh:

I would just like to say a big Thank You to both AkitaOwner and K9Force for organising yet another great workshop! I know I walked a way with a ton of very very useful information :)

This is the first I have been able to make it too but I definitely think it won't be the last :cheer:

Edited by Snoozie

Top day with amazing outcome!

One of the most interesting and valuable things I have done. Rocko had been so hard for me to handle outside of home as those of you there witnessed when he dragged me down the hill throwing a tantrum on his back over the chickens on the way for good measure ;) :rofl:

Steve is brilliant, to see so many different dogs respond positively to him within minutes was lovely, real information, no hype/frills, practical help that worked instantly and still works when you leave! I went home with a different dog and Rocko with a much improved owner. :mad

Thankyou AkitaOwner for helping me when I arrived and Melissa too for your help during the day. :(

I called in to visit my son on the way home and Im sure he thought I had drugged Rocko as he was so well behaved :(

Who was taking the photo's on the day? Id like to see them :rofl:

I would just like to say a big Thank You to both AkitaOwner and K9Force for organising yet another great workshop! I know I walked a way with a ton of very very useful information :laugh:

Yeah was a great day, my head was full when I left, still processing all that information.

Great to see the changes in Rocko and Scout, they both looked like different dogs :rofl:

Thanks for another great day's training Bridget and Steve :rolleyes:

K9: Thanks Guys for the kind words, I really enjoyed the day too. I cant think of a time when one of my workshops was so full of great dogs that were so well behaved all day. They are really a credit to you all.

We did take some pics & will go through them & put some here, for now here are a couple.

I would really like to take this opportunity to thank all who attended for giving me the opportunity to present my methods methods & materials to you & your dogs.

They all worked very well for me & made life easy for me.

post-1129-1235951082_thumb.jpg

post-1129-1235951119_thumb.jpg

Edited by K9 Force