Christmas Ham

skip

Must be a silly question but during a family dinner recently my aunt told somebody else that you can not feed your Christmas ham to the dog cause it was bad for them?

I meant to ask her what she was talking about but as things went on I forgot. So am I just really dum or is this not true?

I have the ham leftovers and a big bone in the fridge but thought I would check here first. I wasn't aware once about chocolate and other things that are bad for dogs so I wanted to ask.

Any advice would be appreciated specially from my dogs as they are hangin' for some ham rewards.

Crap, looks like they will miss out. I'll have to go get them some other bones instead.

Thanks for that quick answer!! I found the other post you mentioned.

I never feed cooked bones so God knows how I thought ham bones were treated. And I didn't know much about the meat itself as I have never had a ham at Christmas before now.

Thanks Terrorbull, you saved my little monsters from a belly ache I think.

Guest belgian.blue

Yeah ham is baddd.

My aunt and mum gave Ivy some xmas day and her belly was very runny. Then mum went on to complain on and on and on about the runny poops Ivy had done in her yard.

She just could not get it in her head that the ham gave her a sore belly :(

I need a dog baby sitter and my only choice is my parents .. hmm I'm really not too sure about that. She could get fed anything and everything.

OMG I have just Read all the posts....I gave my dogs the ham bone on xmas day.

I had no Idea Growing up my parents always gave the dogs the Ham bone, So when Mum Brougt it round for my 2 I gave it to them.

They Loved it I had no Idea it was bad for them.

Luckily They were fine Thank Goodness...No MOre Ham Bones for them EVER!!!

Last Christmas OH gave our dogs some ham as a treat.

One dog was totally fine but the other one spent boxing day at the emergency vet - he had a very bad reaction: vomiting, diarrhoea, his face swelled up and he broke out in a nasty rash.

They will not be getting ham this year, that is for sure!!!

Whoops, I gave my dog heaps of xmas ham :rolleyes:

It was a half ham between OH and I and we needed help eating it - ended up throwing a lot out anyway because it went off before we could finish it.

She seemed fine though, thank god!! I'll know better next year.