Male Dog Behaviour Query

I wasn't sure where to post this...

We have a 7 month old undesexed male dog (he's a show dog) that has started having, well...engorged moments. The first time it happened, I thought we'd have to take him to the vet as I thought it was stuck...but after a little while it disappered...

It's happened again and he gets this 'far away' look...and doesn't move much. Again, after a short moment (up to a minute) it was gone.

I was wondering whether this is normal and if it's due to him becoming sexually mature? Is it like a young boy thing (where they can't control it) and will it stop, or is this the joy of owning a male dog?

you want embaressing ...

a friend (when Skoota was a little more 'adolescent' and hormonal teenager) kept wanting him to hop up on the couch with her for a cuddle ... She weighed less then he did by about 10kg ... well Skoota hopped up for a cuddle alright ...

All I heard was a muffled 'OMG HIS LIPSTICK IS OUT" and the dog is lying on her with his rather *ahem* doodle proudly displayed to the world ....

I didnt help by rolling on the floor laughing, Skooty just laying there with the biggest grin on his face "I LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!" :mad