Is This True - Only Purebreeds In Obedience Trials Qld

saram

Just stumbled across this on the internet and wondered if it was true and if so why only in QLD and TAS???

"In all states except Queensland and Tasmania, ANKC Obedience Trials and associated titles are available to all dogs including unregistered pure bred and mixed breeds as well as sterilised (de-sexed) dogs. In Queensland and Tasmania, dogs can only be entered into ANKC Obedience competition if they are pure bred and have ANKC registration."

Ah thanks - thought that was a little unfair for QLD and TAS. OH would love to try something out when the boys get older - methinks he is going to have to help out a LOT more with the training if this is his goal :-)

Ah thanks - thought that was a little unfair for QLD and TAS. OH would love to try something out when the boys get older - methinks he is going to have to help out a LOT more with the training if this is his goal :-)

Are those your boys in your avatar? So cute! How old? I don't want to make assumptions based on a small pic so I will just ask - what breed? :rofl:

Yep those are our boys Hoover and Dyson and they are Golden Retriever x and just about to hit 4 mths

heres the bigger one -just taken tonight - can you tell I am a little smitten

post-26751-1232543174_thumb.jpg

post-26751-1232543185_thumb.jpg

post-26751-1232542830.jpg

Edited by saram

Their dad was Golden Retriever and mum was Golden retriever x husky apparently.

Love Millie and Ruby in your sig - I would guess labs but I'm clueless on breeds, learning heaps on this forum :-)

Edited by saram

Yep those are our boys Hoover and Dyson and they are Golden Retriever x and just about to hit 4 mths

heres the bigger one -just taken tonight - can you tell I am a little smitten

post-26751-1232543174_thumb.jpg

post-26751-1232543185_thumb.jpg

Just a little advice. As they are litter mates they will depend on each other a lot. Take them out for a walks separately & training at least 2-3 times a week. You never know when they will have to be apart & its less stressful for all of you.

Thanks, they do send quite a lot of time apart, walking and training. Also Hoover enjoys the outdoors more and Dyson indoors so often hoover will come outside to play with us and then Dyson will sit with us inside, they always like to snuggle up together at night but are seperately crated for bed. There was a fair amount of carry on when we first started crating seperately but they are great now.

Thanks Kritta - yes the idea is growing on actually training our boys for it - the obedience club here actually structures all it's classes around training for the trials (I don't know - maybe all clubs do :thumbsup: ) so we shall se how they go at training

Oh really - What sorts of things? Is this the "register" you have to belong to before you can participate? Would love to hear about the red tape so to speak before we get our hopes up

The only thing, to my knowledge, that you need to do to register your dogs on the Associate Register, is they need to be sterilised. Provide your sterilisation certificate from the vet with your application and there shouldn't be any problem.

Oh that's easy done they've both already been castrated.

I wonder if I have to register them before we go to obedience classes??? Hope not, as it is we have been told we might have to wait a month for a place in the classes

No you don't have to be a member of CCCQ nor does your dog need to be on any sort of register to do obedience classes (well at least they shouldn't!) But to compete, you both need to be members :cry:

Edit: I'm assuming you're in QLD? If not, replace CCCQ with whatever your canine control is.

Edited by RubyStar