Share Your Favourite Treat Stuffing Recipes

saram

So I have had lots of fun the last couple of days stuffing the boys Kong with treats and food to keep them occupied while I'm out and I am after new ideas!

What are some favourite recipes for stuffing into treat balls etc maybe even some puppy particular ones???

Also have heard that cats food is not good for dogs due to higher levels of something? Vit A maybe? is this true? Have noticed a few people mentionng using at biscuits as treats/in treat balls and am looking at using the cat food my fussy cat won't eat to finish off the boys Kongs (about a teaspoon or so to close the gap) What do you think?

Thanks

I stuff Jake's Kong with mince, commercial BARF mix, organs, pieces of fruit... I stuff whatever in, seal it with more mince or cream cheese spread (Jake doesn't like peanut butter), then place the Kong in the freezer. This is always instead of one of his regular meals though.

Cat food is higher in fat, I believe.

Oh I hadn't thought of cream cheese! Yes I am trying the kong stuffing instead of breakfast as they aren't really interested in ordinary B'fast and it keeps them occupies while I run around with the kids and school (when it goes back)

Beef stock, handful of kibble (or any other kind of treat - organs, meat, mince), vegemite, peanut butter, yoghurt and then freeze. Keeps zero occupied for hours!

I haven't fed Zero cat food in a long time - but if there's something the cat won't eat, usually Zero gets to it before i have a chance to wash the cat's bowl.

Usually just human leftovers, providing they're not full of onion etc. With one or two exceptions, my guys aren't prone to getting fat and I don't cook high fat so it works for us.

In summer I freeze them. I also make Kong minceicles with pet mince from the butcher if I don't have any leftovers.

Does everyones dogs manage to get everything out of the kong? I think my dog must get to a certain point where she can't get it anymore, or she gets bored and leaves a little bit in there. Of course after lying in the sun on a hot day :cry: It puts me off putting any kind of meat in there!