Best Dry Food For Large Breed Puppies?

Red Fox

Thanks terrorbull, would be interesting to know! I just had a look at some online prices, they range from $102-$114, for the three different ones. And I just discovered that there is another Natural Balance - made by Dick Van Patten!!

So, labsrule - do you get the Aussie one or the DVP Nat.Bal.?? Weird - I didnt even think there would two of the same name!

Rat

Thanks terrorbull, would be interesting to know! I just had a look at some online prices, they range from $102-$114, for the three different ones. And I just discovered that there is another Natural Balance - made by Dick Van Patten!!

So, labsrule - do you get the Aussie one or the DVP Nat.Bal.?? Weird - I didnt even think there would two of the same name!

Rat

I got the Aussie one, but thought it was the DVP :love: that was why I ordered it and when I got it and there was nothing on label regarding DVP, I found the Natural Balance website. As mentioned in my previous posts, when I tried Nutrience, my dogs got really bad dandruff which has since cleared since they have been on Natural Balance, but I have also increased their raw food as well. That is why I say, if you find a dry food that your dogs do well on then stick to it as different dogs seem to have different results on the different dry foods. I am still pi$$ed at not being able to get Nutro which my dogs did extremely well on, beautiful shiny coats they all had :thumbsup: .

If you have used Artemis, DVP organic or Eagle Pack Holistic and seen improved results I would love to hear from you.

Hi,

I have recently switched to Artemis Maximal (grain free) for my two dogs. They are doing really well on it. They used to be on Hills Science but it didn't work as well. They love Artemis :love: .

Im not sure what the RRP is, we sell it very cheap at work, i am in tomorrow, i can get some of our prices, but they are not what most people sell it as. (i put it on my tab and pay it off each week, so cant tell you off the top of my head!) I get the 20 or 15kgs, depending what is in, and the 8kg i think it is cat food, and the small bag of kitten food

I paid $102 for the last bag at a vet in Gawler. It was the 20kg size

Thanks for all the feedback :)

Stay with nutrience!!

I feed both my dogs and 3 cats on it, and we also feed it to the dogs and cats at work with it (boarding kennel) It is one of the best foods i have found, all my pets do great on it!

Thanks for the advice, I do like the Nutrience and know of 2 breeders that highly recommend it :o

Still wanted to find something that had organic and/or human grade ingredients if possible. Made in Australia would be good too! Have read so many bad things about what goes into dry food but fortunately Nutrience seems to be one of the better ones. If the next food I try doesn't work out I will def come back to the Nutrience

And I just discovered that there is another Natural Balance - made by Dick Van Patten!!

Lab Rat, I was looking at the DVP one too! Took me a while to realise why there were different ingredients. I think I prefer the DVP version but that just based on the ingredients list alone... would be good if it was made in Australia like the other one though

Hi,

I have recently switched to Artemis Maximal (grain free) for my two dogs. They are doing really well on it. They used to be on Hills Science but it didn't work as well. They love Artemis .

Thanks for that. I dont really know of anyone that's used the Artemis, but I really like the sound of it (checked out their website the other day) It's a bit $$ but honestly if its good food I don't mind. I think I might buy a small bag and give it a go when the Nutrience gets a bit lower. (I feed at least 1/2 raw, so 20kg lasts me ages!)

What made you go with the no-grain version?? I was thinking of choosing the large breed puppy

Hi,

I have recently switched to Artemis Maximal (grain free) for my two dogs. They are doing really well on it. They used to be on Hills Science but it didn't work as well. They love Artemis .

Thanks for that. I dont really know of anyone that's used the Artemis, but I really like the sound of it (checked out their website the other day) It's a bit $$ but honestly if its good food I don't mind. I think I might buy a small bag and give it a go when the Nutrience gets a bit lower. (I feed at least 1/2 raw, so 20kg lasts me ages!)

What made you go with the no-grain version?? I was thinking of choosing the large breed puppy

I had initially switched from Hills Science to Orijen puppy food, then the adult food (grain free) when my elkhound was 11 months old, but since that product was withdrawn due to irradiation issues, I decided to move to another grain free diet.

I saw major improvements in terms of their coat, their energy levels and their poos (much smaller and tight :thumbsup: , easy to pick up). Same with Artemis.

You could ask for a sample pack from http://www.pawzazzpetz.com.au/

I initially tried a sample, my dogs loved it.

I saw major improvements in terms of their coat, their energy levels and their poos (much smaller and tight , easy to pick up). Same with Artemis.

Thanks, I'll check out the site :thumbsup: I'm not sure if I should put Kei on the puppy or the grain free yet, it might be a little high protein at this age :banghead: I am thinking of starting with large breed puppy and than progressing to the grain free version

I saw major improvements in terms of their coat, their energy levels and their poos (much smaller and tight , easy to pick up). Same with Artemis.

Thanks, I'll check out the site :cheer: I'm not sure if I should put Kei on the puppy or the grain free yet, it might be a little high protein at this age ;) I am thinking of starting with large breed puppy and than progressing to the grain free version

Artemis large breed puppy food isn't grain free. It has brown rice and oatmeal. No corn or wheat.