Boarding Newcastle To Port Stephens Area

FionaC

We're heading to Port Stephens for the Easter Weekend and as the place we are staying in is in a National Park then Morty has to go into boarding for 4 nights .....

His breeder is in Sydney so that's not an option and we'd prefer as much as possible (providing it is a good place) to board him locally to Newcastle or on the way to Port Stephens...

Has anyone had any experience with the kennels around this area? - I could try his vet but he is a very suburban vet and I don't think Morty will have the opportunity to stretch his legs much being boarded there (they are brilliant for Talin the cat but he doesn't require room for zoomies like Morty does) ....

I've seen online there is one up near Port Stephens called CEJ's and they answered my email and questions and they look ok on their website but if anyone had any personal recommendations we'd be open to them .....

Thanks in advance

(oh and I've already done a search on DOL and found a thread from late last year about the same area but most suggestions were for boarding locations south of Newcastle, I'm hoping there might be some new suggestions or feedback for places north)

Fiona & Morty

I havent used any borading kennels around here, but a few people have said that there is one at bereisfeild or woodberry thats all right theres also one on the way to the bay sort of just pass the raf base and it looks alright.

Sorry cant help more than that!!!

I havent used any borading kennels around here, but a few people have said that there is one at bereisfeild or woodberry thats all right theres also one on the way to the bay sort of just pass the raf base and it looks alright.

Hmm, would be very, very careful about that second one...

Show people have the one before the RAAF base and have been in the business for decades, very professional and very good with the dogs - Belmont Kennels.

I just checked out the one at Woodberry online and the pictures on the website looks great and they have nice big runs (on grass) and do cat boarding as well .... mmmmmm thats definitely a contender!

thanks

Hmm, would be very, very careful about that second one...

Show people have the one before the RAAF base and have been in the business for decades, very professional and very good with the dogs - Belmont Kennels.

thats good to know ive only seen it from the outside and like i said it looks alright but other than that i hadnt heard anything of it!!!

Hello, I live in Newcastle and can fully recommend a boarding facility at Lochinvar. It is about 4 minutes of the New England highway from Maitland. I know its not exactly on the major F3 & pacific highway to Port Stephens but if you made the extra 30 minute drive from the end of the F3 you would not be disappointed.

The have heated and cooled kennel blocks. Staff that really like the dogs and very very large grassed runs.

I have Dobermanns and happily take them just for day boarding in the huge grass runs as the dogs have so much fun & exercise. I can tell the staff give the dogs attention by the way my own dogs respond to them.

I have had bad experiences with other kennels but am very confident it this facility.

Lochinvar pet motel if you want to google them!

Edited by Meg

Just wanted to say thanks to those that posted above and to those that sent me PM's

We called several mentioned above but they were already fully booked .... so we then actually went south to Lakes Canine Lodge & Spa (which has been recommended several times on threads on DOL) and where the OH can drop him in on his way to work .....

We are heading down before Easter to check it out but from the feedback I've read here and from talking to Amanda today on the phone it sounds great .....

So we are covered for the long weekend!

Thanks again everyone

• 3 years later...