Titre Testing For Parvo & Distemper

koolietas

From some of the threads I have read on this topic, there seems to be a huge variance between vets as to the charges associated with titre testing.

I had my boy tested over the weekend - and I can confirm that the Vetpath charge for Parvo & Distemper is $59.40. My vet charged $20.50 for a pathology handling fee as well.

Just something to bear in mind in case your vet charges a lot more than that...

From some of the threads I have read on this topic, there seems to be a huge variance between vets as to the charges associated with titre testing.

I had my boy tested over the weekend - and I can confirm that the Vetpath charge for Parvo & Distemper is $59.40. My vet charged $20.50 for a pathology handling fee as well.

Just something to bear in mind in case your vet charges a lot more than that...

Now that is interesting as I have just paid my vet $118.00 for a titer and I live in Perth. My vet actually told me that this is what Vetpath charges them. I have decided that next year I will phone around the vets to get the best price.

My vet is in Hobart...they do very few titre tests, so they had to get the Vetpath brochure out (prices as at 01.07.08) to see how much to charge me. I saw it with my own eyes - so it's definitely correct...although there may be a newer price list - but I can't imagine that it would have increased that much since then.

I don't understand why some vets would deliberately overcharge? They get $20 for 'handling' the blood work plus a consult ($52 in my case). I wouldn't have thought that was much less than taking your dog in for a vacc? In some cases, if the titre results determine that they need re-vacc, then they'll end up with more dosh in their pockets anyway...