Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Guest Pandii

good I never offended, things dont say the same once you type them out, but sound good in your head :hug:

Have fun at work

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pandii

Yay TT

I will have my to little kids just to warn you my son has aspergers and can be a little hyper and in the dogs face, I do try and keep him under control. and Miss loves all dogs.

I will get the kids settled at hockey and then be near the high school / hockey corner

Unfortunately cant make it tomorrow Pandii, I've got my Junior Wildlifers meeting 1-4pm and I need to do shopping for it, make a nestbox and cut up a tree that came down at out place last weekend before that!!

Will likely catch you next Thursday am with tlc if not before. And of course anyone else that comes! I see jerojath is reading now... hello!!

Guest Pandii

Hey JJ, I see the mobil home is gone from your house :laugh:

are things getting back to normal now

TT if its wet I wont be walking but if you want to pm me your mobil number I can txt you if I am not going, although the kids will play hockey regardless

Unfortunately cant make it tomorrow Pandii, I've got my Junior Wildlifers meeting 1-4pm and I need to do shopping for it, make a nestbox and cut up a tree that came down at out place last weekend before that!!

Will likely catch you next Thursday am with tlc if not before. And of course anyone else that comes! I see jerojath is reading now... hello!!

Oneday I do hope to meet Miggy... He looks like such a beautiful dog...

Hey JJ, I see the mobil home is gone from your house :thumbsup:

are things getting back to normal now

TT if its wet I wont be walking but if you want to pm me your mobil number I can txt you if I am not going, although the kids will play hockey regardless

Hey Pandii - yeah things are getting back to normal now. Have had various people staying with us for well over a month and we are just glad to have the place to ourselves again. My in-laws are really great but... sheeeez!!

Now I'm stuck at home when I'm not working with Belle who looks like she's about to explode!

She's my littlest bitch and she's gotta have at least ten bubs in there. She's booked in for a caesarian for next saturday but I have to watch her like a hawk in case she goes into labour early coz last time she suffered uterine inertia and I don't want her to labour this time. She has really had enough now - she'll be pleased to know this is her last litter!!

Would still love to get out with you guys for a walk with Amy. Let me know if any of you are meeting up on the weekend.

ETA - How'd you get on at Bunnings RJ?

Edited by jerojath

Guest Pandii

I was going to albert park with TT tomorrow but cant now, see above post, but maybe you can go, we were meeting at 11, not sure if anyone else was going, cuteness overlaoad, once puppies are born :thumbsup:

I was going to albert park with TT tomorrow but cant now, see above post, but maybe you can go, we were meeting at 11, not sure if anyone else was going, cuteness overlaoad, once puppies are born :laugh:

Duh! Note to self: "read all posts prior to posting!" :thumbsup:

Mawson and Bruno had a good play today, even though Mawson wanted to hump... We then went and got Miggi and first off Miggi didn't like Bruno but they are now good friends...

Miggi is a beautiful girl, I can see the loving side of her...

Guest Pandii

Glad you had a great walk, shame I couldnt go.

Miggy is lovely as is Mawson, Glad Bruno had fun, its great to have the dogs together

Guest Pandii

Hey can I have some info on Brieley Dog training, we only do ours in 4 week blocks, but you seem to go all the time??

Our training sessions run almost all year round, with the exception of special events like say easter some long weekends, million paws walk day, so there is the occasional weekend off every now and then. Also over the xmas period we do have a break from around the start of December to the middle of January and that is the biggest break of the year. We have one fully qualified trainer who has been training dogs for over 25 years and 3 assistant trainers who have trained under her and gone on to train puppies and general classes under her guidance.

we use the gentle modern method, which is food rewards and all positive reinforcments. No chocker chains allowed and no punishment methods to be used at all. It cost $6 a week and you pay as you go if you dont come to training you dont pay. The dogs have off lead socailization and it is up to the individual dog owners to watch their dogs and act accordingly should a problem arise. If your not comfortable with your dog off lead, they can stay on lead. If you have an older dog and want to start at our club you have to have a one on one session with one of the trainers which last for about an hour and they take you through the methods we use and see how your dog is obedience wise and socially and if suited to come along to weekly sessions. The one on one is a cost of $40. If you have a puppy then you just ring up and book in and turn up and I think it is $60 for a 6 weeks session, dont quote me on the cost, it may be less?? Our club is not a very big club with some weeks only having as little as maybe 10 people but then there is days like today where we had around 15 could have been more i didnt count. So then our lessons are the well behaved dog program, which is a government approved program that involves all things to set your dog up for good manners and to just be generally well behaved, car saftely, meal time manners, nice heeling, sits, stands, drops, stays, out of sight waits, recall, and a few other things. It can take a short time or a long time with the well behaved program as it is really up to yourself with how much practice you want to put in at home. When you pass the well behaved program you go up to class one, which is more of the same heel work, sits, stays, drops, recalls, right and left about turns, retrieving and more. then the same again depending how good the dog is as to how soon you can go up to the next level but you do have to pass an assesment to be able to go up to the next level. If you are coming from another club, you will be required to do the well behaved dog program to begin with and like I said say in your case Pandii and you bought Seb chances are he woudl be good at all the well behaved stuff so you could wizz through it in a couple of weeks. Im not sure if you talked to Patricia, she may let you start off in class one, but i think if you did start at a new club starting at the start is a good idea and it gives you a good foundation to start with in a new environment. I hope I havent left anything out. If you want Patricas number let me know and Ill pm it to you, there is no training as such now for 2 weeks as next week is a fun day and all proceeds go to breast cancer foundation, also it is mothers day. and the week after is the million paws walk weekend so no training that sunday either. Our club also gets not help from the local council apart from them letting us use thier oval to train on and give us use of a stinky old shed to put our old equipment in. and we are mostly non profit, all the money basically goes back in to the club. Anyway thats all I can think of for now.

Hey Pandii, I forgot to ask how long do you have off between your 4 week blocks??

Also I dont think it would be successful doing both clubs say harris street for 4 weeks then brierly in you off time, only because I think it would be a little confusing for the dogs. Although some might cope quite well?? Also could be a conflict of interest with some of the training methods?? I have only done agility at harris street so I dont now how you would go??

Our training sessions run almost all year round, with the exception of special events like say easter some long weekends, million paws walk day, so there is the occasional weekend off every now and then. Also over the xmas period we do have a break from around the start of December to the middle of January and that is the biggest break of the year. We have one fully qualified trainer who has been training dogs for over 25 years and 3 assistant trainers who have trained under her and gone on to train puppies and general classes under her guidance.

we use the gentle modern method, which is food rewards and all positive reinforcments. No chocker chains allowed and no punishment methods to be used at all. It cost $6 a week and you pay as you go if you dont come to training you dont pay. The dogs have off lead socailization and it is up to the individual dog owners to watch their dogs and act accordingly should a problem arise. If your not comfortable with your dog off lead, they can stay on lead. If you have an older dog and want to start at our club you have to have a one on one session with one of the trainers which last for about an hour and they take you through the methods we use and see how your dog is obedience wise and socially and if suited to come along to weekly sessions. The one on one is a cost of $40. If you have a puppy then you just ring up and book in and turn up and I think it is $60 for a 6 weeks session, dont quote me on the cost, it may be less?? Our club is not a very big club with some weeks only having as little as maybe 10 people but then there is days like today where we had around 15 could have been more i didnt count. So then our lessons are the well behaved dog program, which is a government approved program that involves all things to set your dog up for good manners and to just be generally well behaved, car saftely, meal time manners, nice heeling, sits, stands, drops, stays, out of sight waits, recall, and a few other things. It can take a short time or a long time with the well behaved program as it is really up to yourself with how much practice you want to put in at home. When you pass the well behaved program you go up to class one, which is more of the same heel work, sits, stays, drops, recalls, right and left about turns, retrieving and more. then the same again depending how good the dog is as to how soon you can go up to the next level but you do have to pass an assesment to be able to go up to the next level. If you are coming from another club, you will be required to do the well behaved dog program to begin with and like I said say in your case Pandii and you bought Seb chances are he woudl be good at all the well behaved stuff so you could wizz through it in a couple of weeks. Im not sure if you talked to Patricia, she may let you start off in class one, but i think if you did start at a new club starting at the start is a good idea and it gives you a good foundation to start with in a new environment. I hope I havent left anything out. If you want Patricas number let me know and Ill pm it to you, there is no training as such now for 2 weeks as next week is a fun day and all proceeds go to breast cancer foundation, also it is mothers day. and the week after is the million paws walk weekend so no training that sunday either. Our club also gets not help from the local council apart from them letting us use thier oval to train on and give us use of a stinky old shed to put our old equipment in. and we are mostly non profit, all the money basically goes back in to the club. Anyway thats all I can think of for now.

That was a good read TLC, I am also looking at bring Bruno to Brierly...