Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Guest Pandii

Weather is not looking good at all

any info and show on how to care for sebs ears would be good, didnt go to the vet today as I messed up the dates :shrug:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh bugger, It does depend on what the trouble is to begin with. If it is mites then it is a different treatment than if it is an infection. So once you get to the bottom of the problem it is easy to keep on top of although some dogs can be prone to ear infections no matter what you do. With Coop he had a lot of problems as a pup with perforated ear drums, dramatic I know and I had no idea there was no sign till one day he started shaking his head and I thought it was strange as it was so out of character for him, so off to the vets and they had to sedate him to look in his ears and sure enough both eardrums perforated, so it was a long road to recovery for him with tablets and after a while a topical medication, but we eventually got on top of it and havent looked back. What I do with my lot is once a week, I use oticlean it is a spray you can get it from the vets or I get mine from vetproductsdirect.com it is so much cheaper than the vets. Just a couple of quick sprays and clean out with a cotton ball. Mine tolerate it quite well. Cooper is not keen on it but will let me do it, he has a phobia about his ears now and hates the vet because of the troubles with his ears when he was younger. So once you find out what the problem is then you just need to do the weekly maintenance for want of a better word, it makes them sound like a car....LOL

I cant help with mites as mine have never had them so Im not sure what to look for. Are Sebs ears smelly like a yeasty type of smell if they are then it is probley an infection. When is your appointment? Is he scrathing a lot or shaking his head?

Guest Pandii

He always shakes his head, :laugh; you have seen him :thumbsup:

Tuesday is the vet, so will see, they seem to smell a bit, but I will go the vet and then could you show me how to maintain them please, I have never had to do dogs ears, Dante always cleaned Tys and he cleaned hers.

Hoping for better weather tomorrow

Mmmm the weather, it is questionable for tommorow. If it is raining heavy I wont go but if it is only light and intermittent I will still go. Who else is still up for it?? I will only have Lacy and the bully boy!!

Guest Pandii

I am up for a walk at about 2.15, have to pick up son at 2. Showers are OK with me, the sun is out atm so fingers crossed.

Will have dante, seb, 2 kids and an OH.

JJ are you coming??

Anyone else, Munchin, tenties, RJ, Maws?????????????

Cramet you are welcome to

Guest Pandii

JJ you need slapping, I will tell chantel you said that.

OK I am still on if its drizzling, I have a coat so do the kids but can easy txt those who I have numbers for and let them know :laugh:

Guest Pandii

Thanks for the walk guys even with the rain, sorry the kids slowed us down, i know its not ideal taking Rick, but sometimes it cant be avoided.

Barb, hope your doggies wernt to worried by Dante.

Did you get any photos, or was it to wet?? Hope you got one of JJ and his sexy unbrella.

Wow what a night full of bloody rain, I know everyone says oh we need it but I think enough is enough.

I dont think mine were worried about Dante at all actually oblivious to the fact that she probly wanted to eat them!! They are very used to Mawson from Obedience so thats probly why. I dont mind the kids coming at all. I dont mind going slow pace either, I just take it as it comes.

I did get some photos, will try to get them posted before I go to work. Not sure if there is a close up of JJ's umbrella.

Guest Pandii

She wasnt going to eat them, just chew them a bit :eek:

Thanks for letting her have a run she really needed it, its the first one she has had without Ty

Awwww C'mon Guys! What's wrong with the umbrella?

You'll give me self-confidence issues!

Anyway - who went home pretty dry??? :eek:

What a shitty day - and winter's only just begun!

Will require a number of warming scotches to get my work done outside today...

Guest Pandii

Yes you went home dry, so :eek:

Happy to send OH around to keep you comapy in the rain, Rick only just got out of bed and the rest of us have jammies on, except OH who just took Oldest to work.

Are you starting outside soon?

Are you on msn

Yes you went home dry, so :eek:

Happy to send OH around to keep you comapy in the rain, Rick only just got out of bed and the rest of us have jammies on, except OH who just took Oldest to work.

Are you starting outside soon?

Are you on msn

No time for MSN - always on DOL!

Won't be starting outside til after lunch by the look of it.

You are all welcome to come over anyway if you like - we got nothing on today. (Plans, not clothes).

Anyone heard from Janet?

She's well and truly dropped from the radar!

Janet and her hubby ( well i hope its her hubby :eek: lol ) are having a weekend away in Moama

JJ i hope your umbrella wasnt pink with flowers ?? lol i DO hope tlc got a pic if thats the case,,,, i can see the report now .........Fairy spotted skipping through scrub at Thunderpoint...... :eek:

Linda...

Edited for rotten spelling

Edited by Tenties

Hi guys,

Sorry I missed the walk yesterday, although prob better I didn't bring Miggy with Dante!! There may have been blood! Having said that, there is a dominant bitch at dog school that Miggy and her just look at each other and you can almost see them saying "respect" to each other, no probs at all :cheer:

I must have just missed you all anyway cause we had a field trip at TP as part of the marine conference I was at all weekend and we got back to the carpark at 2pm. We were gonna have lunch up there but it had been raining during our walk and we were all pretty wet and cold so we went back and had it indoors. Will be there next time anyway, it's time to expand Miggy's list of friends :laugh:

Tenties, awesome house!! Can't wait to have a catch up out there!

Munchin, thanks for the text last week, hope to catch up with you sometime soon :eek:

Hi to all others and I hope to see you soon. TLC they haven't taken down the "dogs on lead" signs at Albert Park yet :) Still letting Maws off anyway, anyone that complains I will get them to call Peter at the council :cheer:

Hope you are all warm and dry :eek: I know we need the rain too but I agree TLC enough is enough!

Dont know whats happened with Janet, think she may have gone home with Pink!!

My pups were very dry under thier coats only wet heads and legs!! But they did have a nice warm bath when they got home and me a lovely spa!!

Here are some of the pics, there were more but they werent much good as they had water splashes on the lense.

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

The sky just looks grey as in this photo.

IMG_4324.jpg

Poor Little lacy, she wasnt impressed with me, but she usually loves the water, always out of sorts if the big fella is not with us.

IMG_4325.jpg

Bronson and the Girlies

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

Before the bath

IMG_4337.jpg

I love this one look at Tully in the back ground having a yawn!!

IMG_4338.jpg

after the bath

IMG_4352.jpg

Bron took himself off to his bed

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg