jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You sooo take the best pictures!!!

:( Thanks.Was good to see you at the big green shed yesterday, hope when the weather gets a bit cooler we can have a walk with your guys.

Just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow - 90% chance of 20 to 40 mm. :crossfingers: Looks like we could get wet!

I'm definitely a fair weather trialler, so if it starts bucketing I'll be packing my bat and ball (and my dogs of course!) and going home!!. ;)

Darcy had a pretty awesome day today, scored the only pass in our ring, and the won highest in trial and highest scoring member at our club. Such a good girl given her handler issues. Believe it was the same handler who also blew both of our JDM runs too.... :(

Congrats Jess, sounds like you had a great day. Hope the weather holds out for tomorow. It hasn't been a very nice weekend for all thats going on around the place, The folkie, the show at Noorat and the Ob trial, such a pity and next weekend will probly be perfect!!

It is absolutley pouring here at the moment.... 10.13pm

Hey Jess...How did you and the girls go today? The weather was lovely when I was in warrnambool today so I hope it held off raining until you were finished. Any pics????

Hi tez, not as well as yesterday :laugh: Darcy dropped in her sit stay (while sitting on a pass!) which bombed us out but we had some fun in the JDM ring. Too hard going from obedience to agility in the same trial though, won't do that again. :thumbsup:

Baby Zee was a total star though - she's only along for the experience and the ride but a great chance to do some work under some high level distraction. We did some tug games outside the ring, did some waits in a sit and a stand, including several at about 10 m throwing the tug right in front of her and then releasing her to grab it and bring it to me for a game of tug. Last one she did was in a stand at the same distance but someone walked their dog within about 2 metres from her after I threw the tug and she still had rock solid feet and focus until I released her. We played the "bang game" yesterday on the seesaw while it was outside the ring yesterday as well. I'm so pleased with her work. :laugh:

No pics unfortunately, I should be getting the video camera out more but feel bad asking people to tape my runs when they are busy with their own dogs and runs. :laugh: The weather held up really well, much nicer today than it was yesterday. Looked pretty ominous at about 3 at which point I packed up so I could beat it home. :laugh:

Jess sounds like you had a good weekend all up, your little one sounds like she is co,ming along fabulously, its great when all the hard work you put in finally pays off!! I didnt get there to have a look, as I went for a walk with Tez and Maws in the arfternoon, then had to come home to clean my car and get ready to go away as I havent done a thing and Im heading off on Wednesday and have to work today and tomorow.

Tenties, how did you go at the show? and JJ did you put any of your girls in this time?

Tez and Maws, thanks for the walk, my lot were all over tired last night and they were wrestless all night, not sure if it was a case of to much excersise or that I didn't feed them as much as I normally would, (you know the dieting and all) anyway all good today.

Hope everyone is having a good long weekend!!

Well done Jess, Darcy and Zee! Sounds like you all had a petty good weekend!

Jane was pleasantly tired from the walk/swim with you guys and has been really laid back today! Not sure if she is actually sick as I've never seen her this relaxed before. Had a small vomit about midday but nothing in it as she only has 1 meal a day at night-time. (Sorry for the detail!) Time will tell...she should start to be annoying in the next 1/2 hour or so...if not I'll start to worry. Was thinking that maybe that stinky rock pool she had a swim in might not have been a good idea!!! Are all yours Ok Til and Mawson??

Jess - what a great result for you on Saturday, well done! :rofl:

How many passes do you have in JDM? I had no idea you were trialling at that level - you must be very dedicated.

T&T - I can't help with the burnt grass problem. I too have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Bitches in whelp are the WORST for burning grass - I've given up! :mad

tlc - I don't know how tenties went at Noorat - I saw her arrive for the second show on Saturday. Don't know if she showed Sunday or at the last show this morning. I'm sure she'll pop in here with any news!

I missed the entries for all 5 shows, what, with the baby due and everything else going on! :rofl:

I did go down to watch on the Saturday as a friend was entered with her baby vizsla and ended up down at the Mt. Noorat Hotel until after 1:00am and spent the night on the cold damp grass in my friends gazebo. It was very cold and draughty but at least it kept the rain off! I think I have come home with the flu. :o

No more shows for me for a while - I've finally been confirmed to have surgery (again!!!) on my knee at the end of April so God knows when I'll be able to show again.

Hope everyone's been able to find time between the rain to get out with their pups! Mine have been a bit neglected as one is heavily pregnant and I've had a re-home vizsla here for a while who took a lot of my time. Will try to get them out to Killarney a few times this week for a good run. ;)

JJ...cograts on the future pups! How many are you expecting??? Whens the surgery...surely not around the same time the pups are due!

Sorry Tim and Tanya, no ideas on burn't grass through wee but I'm sure theres a tread somewhere on dol to help you out. If its any help, Jane's wee dosen't burn the grass. She eats Adult Advance and chicken frames mostly with some fresh eggs (including shells) and sardines thrown in sometimes.

BTW...JAne became annoying so not sick...just tired from all the swimming she did yesterday i think!

Thanks for the congrats guys! :)

JJ we are kind of addicted :laugh: Darcy has her ADM JDM titles as well as JDO and GDX and 5 passes out of 7 towards her JDM2. She's only 4 and my first dog so I'm pretty proud of her. She's taught me a lot but I still have much more to learn. :cry:

Tez, hows Jane tonight, hope she is back to her normal self!!

JJ, sounds like you have a lot on your plate atm, and puppies how exciting!!

The cold damp tent doesn't sound like much fun but as long as you had a good time thats the main thing!!

I have been able to get out and about with the dogs between the showers, I think there was one day I didn't go and that was Friday the rain hardly let up at all that day!

Tanya, I haven't got a clue about how to stop the grass burn, I do remember something about some rock that you put in thier drinking water that is supposed to stop the grass burn.

Get in here Tenties and let us know how you went!!

Thanks for the congrats guys! ;)

JJ we are kind of addicted :laugh: Darcy has her ADM JDM titles as well as JDO and GDX and 5 passes out of 7 towards her JDM2. She's only 4 and my first dog so I'm pretty proud of her. She's taught me a lot but I still have much more to learn. :)

Geez Jess, that all sounds double dutch to me :cry: but all very impressive!! Lovely to see such dedication to your sport!!

Well, i did as well as i thought i would considering :rofl: Zippy managed Challenge dog and BOB at the first show on Sunday while Fidget did what she does best "FIDGET" at all 3 shows and was very lucky that the judges forgave her and gave her challenge bitch even though she was the only bitch there :) .

I was meant to go Monday as well but they didnt recieve my entries for that one :rofl: the weather kind of held up most of Sunday but started raining at about 3:30 pm i took a taup with me and Fidget and i hid under that for a bit while Zip was in the carrier ( under the taup ) Fidget thought it was a great adventure and would pop her head out to say hello to everyone as they passed :rofl: she had a few people laughing at her antics and to be honest i was too as she was acting like her and i were best buds on a big adventure ( we are best buds but the look on her face was priceless lol ) i told her she IS getting better at the walking but i will have to remove her batteries next time ( i told one judge she was my energizer bunny :rofl: ) ive never experienced Noorat wet and yucky before its always been nice ?? it was different for once which is what we really want i suppose ???

Oh well thats it for me for a while i cant be bothered with it, i think i will sit back and watch where the breed goes downhill me thinks after what i saw :rofl: ( and thats not sour grapes i will explain in person :D )

Linda.....

Well, i did as well as i thought i would considering :rofl: Zippy managed Challenge dog and BOB at the first show on Sunday while Fidget did what she does best "FIDGET" at all 3 shows and was very lucky that the judges forgave her and gave her challenge bitch even though she was the only bitch there :rofl: .

I was meant to go Monday as well but they didnt recieve my entries for that one :rofl: the weather kind of held up most of Sunday but started raining at about 3:30 pm i took a taup with me and Fidget and i hid under that for a bit while Zip was in the carrier ( under the taup ) Fidget thought it was a great adventure and would pop her head out to say hello to everyone as they passed :rofl: she had a few people laughing at her antics and to be honest i was too as she was acting like her and i were best buds on a big adventure ( we are best buds but the look on her face was priceless lol ) i told her she IS getting better at the walking but i will have to remove her batteries next time ( i told one judge she was my energizer bunny :rofl: ) ive never experienced Noorat wet and yucky before its always been nice ?? it was different for once which is what we really want i suppose ???

Oh well thats it for me for a while i cant be bothered with it, i think i will sit back and watch where the breed goes downhill me thinks after what i saw :D ( and thats not sour grapes i will explain in person ;) )

Linda.....

Congrats on your wins. :)

We bumbed out at Noorat, my boy was unwell and i withdrew him Saturday and took him home. He appears to made a quick recovery.

Must get his neck/back looked at as he his walk isn't quite right, seems to be a bit stiff and sore up around the shoulder area on the left hand side.

Anyone have the number of a good chiropractor for dogs it would be greatly appreciated. The guy we deal with is no longer about in this area.