jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Good news, Ultrasound this morning confirmed the pregnancy. Puppies are developing well.

Minimum of 4, they were definates which were easy to spot but highly likely to be a larger litter as he could see shadows showing further back which he couldn't confirm. Craig saids to be prepared for more up to 7! gulp!!!!

Biggest problem will be teats vs puppies, we have 4 good teats and the rest are a bit large for newborns. They work ok but just oversized for little mouths. Might have to express and hand feed if we get a few extra puppies for the first week.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Hi guys,

I LOVE those stickers, where can I get them?? I know JJ said online, can you tell me what site?? Did you get yours locally Barb? Just wanna look at both options as sometimes I like to see them in 'real life' before buying :)

Ha ha.. I did laugh at you in a skirt Barb, but my first thought was, yep, the gadgets are spot on!!!!! All of the pups look like yours too, I can even pick whose who! JJ, yours are awesome too, but you might need a bigger car soon if you keep going!!! ;)

The pic of Lee with Bronnie's bro is great too, can you attache the article if possible, i'd like to read it :)

Cheers all, have a good weekend :)

RJ, I got my stickers from Bairnsdale at a newsagency, I haven't seen them here but then again I haven't been looking. Aldi hasn't got really short legs it is just the angle of the camera however he is probly similar size to Lacy so not a big dog.

Maws, Lee is keeping a newspaper for me so I will show you the article when I have it.

CB, good luck with the puppies.

Hey Cavalblaze congrats on the U/S results! :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well from here on.

I had a litter U/S at Wollaston Vets and was told 4-5 pups. With gentle palpation I could feel 6+, I was sure.

She whelped 10 good sized pups, so I wouldn't even think about numbers! I U/S to confirm preg, nothing else. ;)

Edited coz I am such an idiot I couldn't spell 'I'. :hitself::dunce::doh:

Edited by jerojath

Jj your stickers are the same as mine, I had seen others and they didn't seem to have as much variety as the "My Family" ones, I was wrapped when I was able to get 4 different dogs!

Some of the ones on ebay were really horrible!

Hey Cavalblaze congrats on the U/S results! :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well from here on.

I had a litter U/S at Wollaston Vets and was told 4-5 pups. With gentle palpation I could feel 6+, I was sure.

She whelped 10 good sized pups, so I wouldn't even think about numbers! I U/S to confirm preg, nothing else. ;)

Edited coz I am such an idiot I couldn't spell 'I'. :hitself::dunce::doh:

Thanks, it just concerns me as she has extra large teats and only a few that are suitable for newborns. Also she is a tiny dog, it's the welfare of the pups and Lele that are my greater concern. She is in tip top condition at the moment and i want her to stay that way.

Last litter ultrasound saw 4 with a possible 5th and we she delivered 6. Unfortuantely 2 of those died within 48hrs from birth.

Intend on sleeping beside her and hand feeding if it comes to that.

Question Jerojath, did you use Advocate on your pregnant girl? I'm trying to what is a safe worming product. She is due for her monthly dose now. I saw you posted a question in a different forum some time ago.

Cav I prefer to 'er' on the side of caution and use nothing during pregnancy.

I worm thoroughly prior to mating and then that's it until the pups are 2 weeks old, at which time Mum & bubs are all done at the same time, followed by another dose for the pups a couple of days later.

Everyone you ask will have differing opinions on this... some worm throughout, others don't.

There also seems to be much confusion about the safety of ANY medicinal products during pregnancy. My motto is: "If in doubt.... she can go without!"

I have never, ever, had a worm infestation in the bitch or litter.

What do you mean by her having teats unsuitable for new-borns? You'd be surprised what they can get their mouths around! I had a bitch who had some huge teats and others that hardly protruded, yet she fed pups just fine on them all. :)

Oh I meant to say whats everyone up to for the weekend? Tenties where you at? Haven't seen you in here for a while??

We're not up to much...

Going to Mums for lunch today, what, with today being the last day on Earth and all.

Will probably get out to Killarney tomorrow. Dunno what the weather's going to be like in the morning but it's pretty awesome today!

Anyone wanna meet at Killarney tomorrow? (So long as Earth hasn't self-destructed by then. Maybe Killarney will escape the worst anyway!)

Oh I meant to say whats everyone up to for the weekend? Tenties where you at? Haven't seen you in here for a while??

We're not up to much...

Going to Mums for lunch today, what, with today being the last day on Earth and all.

Will probably get out to Killarney tomorrow. Dunno what the weather's going to be like in the morning but it's pretty awesome today!

Anyone wanna meet at Killarney tomorrow? (So long as Earth hasn't self-destructed by then. Maybe Killarney will escape the worst anyway!)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , i have a Dog Show tomorrow dag nab it :laugh: do you mean to say they took my money under false pretences :laugh: ....bugga

What do you mean by her having teats unsuitable for new-borns? You'd be surprised what they can get their mouths around! I had a bitch who had some huge teats and others that hardly protruded, yet she fed pups just fine on them all. :)

Last litter we had trouble getting their little mouths securely on for the first few days. After that first week when they are stronger and a bit bigger they handle it ok. She has very large teats for a Cavalier, back ones are slightly deformed but still work, just got to try real hard to get pups onto them. Top four are all large, (not pictured) for 120-180grm cavaliers pup they are a real mouthful.

lelebelly.png

As for worming i did treat her prior to mating. The stud owner recommended me worming her again now as she beleives it reduces the risk of puppies catching them. I said I'll look into it, i usually use Advocate as a general treatment but i see it's not been trialed on pregnant bitches.

Arghhh I would love to go to Killarney but just wouldn't chance it with this dam toe! I haven't taken the dogs to the beach for ages.

Wheres your show Tenties? good luck!

Arghhh I would love to go to Killarney but just wouldn't chance it with this dam toe! I haven't taken the dogs to the beach for ages.

Wheres your show Tenties? good luck!

I'm doing the trudge to Geelong :( going to leave around 5 ish to get a park close to the ring,its a day out and a catch up with friends, oh and a drive for a few of the fur kid's :laugh:

I have to make the effort with BJ, he has the National in August and then the club Champ Show in September then the club Members Comp in November, that should do me for the year ;)

Ed to add....tlc have they suggested cutting a V in the middle of your toe nail to take the pressure away from the sides ?? it does work believe it or not..

Edited by Tenties

Yea all that jazz, but sadly for me it has gone way beyond cutting a v. :rofl: Believe me not pretty! I am on second lot of antibiotics, Dr wanted me to take both lots then if no better will do the procedure to fix it!

I didnt mean you would get out of anything by doing it tlc :laugh: i just meant it would take a little of the pain away, i did it years ago and kept at it, i wouldnt let them remove the nail :o my son had the same thing but he just didnt bother doing anything, think he enjoyed the pain actually :laugh:

No run for us at Killarney this morning.

Tarni took one look outside and slinked straight back to the couch.

She hasn't even been out to pee yet! Can hardly blame her... it's horrible out there. :(

Will have to plan some indoors activities for her. Problem is the only one she will get involved in is "find the treat."

Happy Birthday Chatta!! Don't be a stranger, pop in and say hi, we haven't seen you for a while? How is your boy after his op? All good now I hope.

Jj your right about the weather, not really beach weather! Seans gone to him mums and he has two of the dogs with him and I have the other two. I guess with mine they play a lot with each other when they are inside especially on the crappy days and they have a toy box that would make a kid envious! :rofl:

Even Cooper partakes in the odd game of chasey and tug with the younger 3. unny though he went through a period where he wouldn't even look at a toy let alone play with one but since he has come out of his hating men thing that he went through he is much more playful. We had one of Seans friends here the other night who Cooper hated with a passion and we always kept him outside when he was here but now it's like he is his best friend.

The thing that switched in Coops brain to make him like he was has definatley switched back and I hope it stays that way. But I don't think it happened on its own, it was a hard road to get him back but I did. :thumbsup: to me! :laugh: Im rambling now..... I love my doggies!!