Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Geez Maws your here again what's that 3 times in a week? Keep it up!!

So head count for MPW,

Us + 4

T & T + 1

Shan + 1

Anyone else? Jess what you up to, hope you can make it in, it was a great morning out last year.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear about our funeral RP, safe trip, especially in this weather its horrible driving, hope you have a nice warm heater!

Jj, I have been saying the same thing for a few days, I don't care if it is cold but I hope it is not raining. Are you coming?

Honey, the lab x poo I posted about on my FB page has found herself a nice family to look after her.

It was too bloody cold today, did anyone see my latest pic on FB, :laugh: I have had a very chilly afternooon!

Yeah I had a good chuckle over your pic on Facebook, as I had been sent home from work due to rain that day and was sitting beside the fire! ;)

No, I wont be attending the MPW.... we are having a 'reunion' style lunch as it is Mums 60th birthday on Sunday.

Tarni only arrives back in Victoria on Saturday afternoon and will probably be a bit cranky after her season and a long trip. Dunno that she'd really want to be mixing-it-up with so many other dawgs!

Sorry Jj, I do remember you saying about your mums birthday now. And very understandable about Tarni!

Gee I wish they would send me home when it is cold and wet. :laugh: Can't win in that place stinking hot in SUmmer and freezing in Winter, but I will beh onest and say as much as I don't like the cold, I would prefer it over heat any day.

Have you got the Kindle all sorted for your mum?

We (Me Shan and Betty, (the other lady who does Delta)) are heading out to the Basalt Winery in Killarney this arvo, for an afternoon tea with all the volleys at the Hospital. Should be good.

Yep Kindle all sorted. :)

Basalt is lovely... you will enjoy it.

If it is set to rain all day we just go home, so long as there is nothing to do 'inside'.

Some workers there are on programs like Work For Doll and stuff, so if they leave early they have to make-up the hours later. I just piss off and leave it to anyone wanting to hang around! :thumbsup:

Anybody been on the Princes Highway out past Allansford but before Panmure ??? talk about a bloody Disaster...who ever gave the go ahead for the road works with this weather around should be shot... they have ripped the road up and it is now a slush pool...very slippery with what is starting to look like a clay base ??? its terrible, my little van is covered in grey slush...

Anybody been on the Princes Highway out past Allansford but before Panmure ??? talk about a bloody Disaster...who ever gave the go ahead for the road works with this weather around should be shot... they have ripped the road up and it is now a slush pool...very slippery with what is starting to look like a clay base ??? its terrible, my little van is covered in grey slush...

Who gave the go-ahead? Take your pick... plenty of Morons on WCC!

Just had this emailed to me.... thought it was pretty funny! :)

A gorgeous young redhead goes into the doctor's office and said that her body hurt wherever she touched it.

'Impossible!' says the doctor. 'Show me.'

The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left shoulder and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed even more. She pushed her knee and screamed; likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream. The doctor said, 'You're not really a redhead, are you? 'Well, no' she said, 'I'm actually a blonde.' 'I thought so,' the doctor said. 'Your finger is broken.'

Is anyone here going to Wannon Park to see the Lifestyle Expo this weekend?

I can't get there but if anyone here does I'd like to know who is conducting the reptile demonstrations.

They would have some signage around or business cards I'd imagine.

Just puttin' it out there..... :)

Ha ha love Blonde jokes!

I didn't even know about the expo, Don't think I will be able to fit it in.

Bunnings Community day is tomorrow, they say it will be bigger and better than other years. All the local community groups will be and the regular jumping castle and the usual stuff but they are also having the climbing wall, the animal nursery, and some other stuff. Should be a good day out. Im thinking most of the activities will be inside if the weather is ordinary. I think the ses, firetruck etc will be there too. I am looking forward to it. It will beinteresting to see how my girlies go with the animal nursery, they will have thier delta gear on so hopefully on thier best behaviour!!

Very excited here as Tarni comes home tomorrow... she is on her way now.

I had a call earlier from the Pet Transport Co. who asked if I would mind if Tarni traveled in the car with them rather than in the trailer with all the other Greyhounds and what-not.

I said that would be fine, but asked 'Why?'

Apparently they think she is so lovely and sooky.... "Oh I don't think Princess Tarni would appreciate having to travel with the 'common' dogs" she said! :laugh:

Anyhow, she will be home around midday and we are very pleased... we've all missed her so much.

Our home just hasn't been the same without her. :o

Has anyone been into Pets Goods Direct lately?? Ducked in today to grab some furball food for Sash and the food shelves are nearly empty except for the stuff that doesn't sell much. :eek:

Asked the person in store and she said they haven't had a delivery for ages and didn't know when they'd get their next lot.. dunno what's going on there but it didn't look good. :confused:

Has anyone been into Pets Goods Direct lately?? Ducked in today to grab some furball food for Sash and the food shelves are nearly empty except for the stuff that doesn't sell much. :eek:

Asked the person in store and she said they haven't had a delivery for ages and didn't know when they'd get their next lot.. dunno what's going on there but it didn't look good. :confused:

Gary (The Owner) has been trying to sell that particular store for ages as it's not paying its way.

My brother was the former manager and reckons Gary never paid the bills so no stock will be delivered.

At the moment there are hardly any fish in the place because they haven't paid their last few invoices for Aquarium Industries. Thing is, it's not like he can't afford to pay them he just doesn't care about his PGD stores as much as he does his Pets Paradise outlets.... and it shows.

The staff at PGD are instructed to tell inquiring customers that they are experiencing "delivery problems", hence the lack of stock.

They haven't been able to sell any reptiles for over a year, as the license fees had not been paid yet they continued to trade... and got caught doing so.

The whole business is a joke. How do you "forget to pay" a license fee when you have a CHAIN of stores relying on it?

Edited to add: I can't see things improving there in the near future... the current Manager is leaving soon to have a baby and no-one else there has any clue!

Edited by jerojath

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking JJ but didn't want to put it in writing in case I was wrong - I've been in there a few times asking for a particular product that they have stocked in the past and I've been getting the "hard to get" story but the stock levels looked reasonable. Today was shocking - looked like they were either selling up or in stop credit with a distributor. :eek:

Maybe if they stocked it with some decent stuff and put some reasonable prices on it then people would shop there. :confused:

Bugger it - has been convenient just to grab Sasha's food in there on the way through town. From memory Petstock's stock wasn't that crash hot either. Good thing my client base takes me over Colac was so much these days. :o Petstock Colac is so much better :thumbsup:

The whole idea behind the PGD chain was to suck people in with the name...

Pet Goods "Direct" insinuates a "discount" warehouse type set-up.

The way he operates is he imports most products himself, and selects brands which no other pet stores carry.

This way he can instill incredible profit margins/mark-ups on these products and the consumer is unable to compare these prices with their competitors, as their competitors don't sell these brands.

Of course, there are 'known' trusted brands (particularly with pet foods) which he has no choice but to carry, as these items are what bring customers through the door in the first place. Funny thing is, he still has the same ridiculous "pricing structure" on these bread-and-butter items too!

The fact they are telling people they have "delivery issues" is rubbish, as my brother owns the Aquarium store in town and buys his livestock from the same suppliers as PGD, and he has never had an issue getting his live fish to Warrnambool.

A funny story behind the Pet Good Direct chain...

Gary (owner) employed an experienced businessman to 'design' a chain of the biggest, best pet store Australia has ever seen. This man (who I shall refer to as Bob) spent many months researching and surveying the market to establish just what the Aussie consumer wanted from a pet store. Bob finally returned to Gary and basically said that what the people want is a chain of huge stores which are a one-stop-shop encompassing all the average pet owners needs such as food and accessories, housing, grooming, veterinary services and no sales of puppies or kittens etc.

It should be 'supermarket' style with trolleys and check-outs and displays to encourage impulse purchasing etc etc.

Gary took one look at the proposal, told Bob he was a stupid idiot for thinking such rubbish, and sacked him!

Gary then proceeded to establish his chain of PGD stores, which besides one or two outlets, have proved very unsuccessful.

Meanwhile, Bob was positive his idea would work, so he began establishing his own stores... large, supermarket type stores with grooming salons, 'check-outs', Veterinarians 'in-house', huge ranges, lots of staff, "fun days" etc and has never looked back. Bob has opened stores in MANY cities and all are doing well.

He also cleverly, opened the majority of his stores within close proximity to a competing Pet Goods Direct store.

Bob is the proud owner of the very successful "Best Friends" Pet Superstore chain.

I love this story.... stickin' it to the Man! :thumbsup:

Edited by jerojath