Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Wow, that's a lot of mula for a croc! Some friends from work were chatting about reptiles etc the other day and one of them mentioned she knew someone who had a FW Croc here in town and I thought I bet JJ will have one next then I seen you poll, how bizarre!

Yes I have heard someone here in town has one... dunno that it's legal though.

Was told it will go to Cudgee Wildlife Park when it gets much larger.

Apparently they have it in a large aquarium, which is less than ideal. :rofl:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did know of some one that had one (croc that is)

He had a set up in his backyard.

He also had a lots of snakes and reptiles off all shapes and desciptions.

Met him throught having frogs of course.

IF I remember correctly he bought some of the Chloris off me (red eye tree frog)

Would need to look at book for that (geez I must be getting old when I cant remember that)

Tenties YEP about a week or 2 off moving in.

Excited much ?????

BLOODY OATH just to be out of here will be nice and the dogs will love it out there. Well they love it out there all ready let alone living there.

Chatter Glad your boy is all sorted not good when yoiu dont know what is wrong with them.

Ok off to sort out some easter eggs now (the child left a note for the Easter bunny so I must go and have a read of it. Last week it was the tooth fairy and he was so so excited when the tooth fairy replied all he could say was Oh the tooth fairy IS real and she (the toothfairy) said my tooth wasnt meant to fall out till this week thats why there was not much money ROFL dear sweet child of mine PMSL HE wanted $10 bucks bloody hell take about inflation!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cheers Janet

:confused: Geez I think we were lucky to get 20 cents when we were kids!

Anyone keen for a walk tomorrow Arvo, weather permitting? Shan and I are heading out for a walk it will be after lunch, place and exact time yet to be decided.

:confused: Geez I think we were lucky to get 20 cents when we were kids!

Anyone keen for a walk tomorrow Arvo, weather permitting? Shan and I are heading out for a walk it will be after lunch, place and exact time yet to be decided.

I'd love to get out but have a pretty full day planned unfortunately.

Maybe PM me tomorrow with time and place and I'll be there if I am able. :D

Ok, we will probably make it Harris Street, that way Miggy can have a run too. Will be back later with a time but I'm thinking around 2 ish.

Sounds good. Hope I can get there but don't wait for me.

tlc you know Tarni better than Mawson and Migz better than I do.... do you think Tarni & Migz would get along ok?

Jj, Migs would not get on with Tarni at all. It takes her a long time and lots of socializing with a particular dog till she accepts them. But Shan usually let's miggy have a run then pops her back in the car. so it's all good, we are set for 2 so hope to see you there!

Edited by tlc

Jj, Migs would not get on with Tarni at all. It takes her a long time and lots of socializing with a particular dog till she accepts them. But Shan usually let's miggy have a run then pops her back in the car. so it's all good, we are set for 2 so hope to see you there!

Fair enough... I wasn't sure and didn't want Migs to miss out on a run just coz Tarni was there.

As it happens we have just got home anyway! Hope you all had a good walk though.

I'll try to get Tarni out to Killarny in the morning as she hasn't been out today. :laugh:

Great day at Flagstaff Hill today... so much stuff for the kids to do,they have had a ball. Couldn't believe the amount of people there... it was packed!

Good to hear you had a great day! We have a nice catch up at Harris street, the dogs had a great run, mine are just about to have thier tea, yummy left over roast veges and thier black hawk. :thumbs up:

I got some pics haven't looked at them yet but will do after, Ill post some up if they are any good.

Hey Jj how have you found the sand out at Killarney latley, I haven't been out there for the longest time but my frined who goes there all the time she where they go she has found the sand to be be very soft latley and hard to walk on? I would love to get out there soon now that my back is feeling a lot better and before winter really sets in, it feels like we havent been out there since forever!

That's really weird. I/we get out to Killarney at least 3 or 4 times a week and have also noticed the sand has been really soft.

What may have caused it? I don't know. My knee has been exceptionally bad of late and I have put it down to walking on the really soft sand.

In fact, I have been doing shorter walks there because of it!

Well there you! I thought it may have just been the section they go to as they go along further near where the golf course is. Maybe it is everywhere, not good for bad knees or bad backs, the main reason I love it out there is you can usually walk for miles and the sand is nice and firm.

Anyway some pics from today on my facebook page, nothing exciting but nice to see the doggies having such fun all together, hard to even think Migs is DA in these photos, we have worked really hard with her and my lot and now they are all great buddies which is nice for her to have some mates.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set...mp;l=7e75919c8c

one of Lacy and Mawson

5648562335_7c181219aa.jpg

Mawson and Lacy by CLTB, on Flickr

Howdy all,

Happy Easter, hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

I'm back from Horsham, Lele had 2 good matings so I'm crossing my fingers and toes we may have puppies on 26th June. :eek:

Just wondering if anyone has a 30-36inch puppy pen/enclosure they may be looking at selling? Figure i would ask if any secondhand ones are about before looking at new one. I intend to use it inside my living room so I'm looking for a clean-rust free one. :(

The Bunnings compost bins are the go for puppy pens - those ones that are four wire panels. Buy two and you can configure them however you like. You might have to order them in.

Cavalblaze I agree with RP... I have two "compost cages" joined together to make 8 movable panels so you can make it any shape to suit.

I join them together loosly with heavy-grade cable ties, so there is plenty of movement in them to shift it around on the lawn.

They come with wire connectors but I don't like these for puppies.

Bunnings in Warrny had them in stock so I didn't have to order them. Can't remember how much they were but works out a LOT cheaper

than a purpose-built puppy pen and does the same thing! (Maybe $28-$30 each lot of four panels?)

It handles a litter of Vizslas so you'll be right with the Cavaliers.

(I'd lend you mine but I think I may be needing it soon after you...... :( )

I guess you are welcome to borrow it but there is a fair chance I'd need it back before you were finished

and I'd hate to have to come and steal it back off you! :eek:

Edited by jerojath

Thanks everyone. My puppy pen is full of rust, i have it outside guarding the vegie patch. lol. Never big enough, 30cms high- just a cheap crappy one.

I'll look around Bunnings, sure to find something suitable. Mum has one i could borrow but i rather buy my own and have it on hand for whenever i need it.

I hope to confirm Lele's status next month with a ultrasound. I actually don't have any orders/ waiting list for this litter, sort of hoping for small litter. Everyone seems to be seeking whole colours again i have of lots of applicants after rubies and black tans. Always the way, but the whole idea of this mating is so i get a parti coloured female to continue on with as Lele is retiring after this regardless of the outcome. If successful all puppies should be Blenheims. Cavaliers aren't hard to find pet homes for in the past I've never had any troubles so hopefully (touch wood) it's the same again.

JJ, i tried to get those panels at Bunnings a number of times but they never had any ??? a couple of weeks ago they had something there that i thought was them but they were all wrapped up tight and i couldnt see........

CB, if you have no luck at Bunnings , go to the warehouse they have the smaller puppy pens, they might even be back on sale again at this tim of the year :eek: .......i have a couple of the BIG ones ( cos i use them for older dogs as well ) but they are being used at the moment, one is fencing off the carport down the middle, the other is blocking the archway between the kitchen and dining rooms..... if all else fails , go to the rural supplies and buy a couple of sheets of mesh and cut them in half and join them :(

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter :thumbsup:

This is probably a silly question but I've never been to the races before - is anyone familiar with the dress code for the May Races? Workmate and I have tickets to one of the corporate marquees for the Thursday. I don't do the big dress up thing and would prefer to be comfortable (and warm given the forecast!!) as long as I'm not underdressed. :) Was thinking good boots, dark denim, dressy shirt with maybe a nice vest/jacket over the top for warmth? :laugh:

Hi Jess, What you said re clothes for the racers sounds perfect! It is the kind of day that you can go all out but you can also dress down some as well, but what you mentioned sounds just right especially given the weather may be a bit iffy. Will the other people in your "marquee" be dressed for the occasion or more than likely same as you? We get tickets offered every year from Seans work but we never go, silly really its a great day out and food and drink for nics you can't go wrong really! Im sure you will have a fantastic time!! Make sure you back a winner!

About the crates at Bunnings I haven't seen them there for ages, I will have a look on friday when I am there, I meant to look today but we were a man short and I totally forgot about it. They were only around the $20 mark.