• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JJ did you find a

Ink to the video, lots here.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=snake+eats+alligator+and+explodes&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

I can't watch it as my iPad has no flash for video, will have to have a look on the lappy later.

Geez your aground sounds like a piece of work! :laugh: Hope he is in a good enclosure.

Thanks for the link tlc... no I hadn't seen the footage yet.

13" long snake they reckon! How awesome.

It's not great footage but worth watching if you're interested. :)

:rofl: tingle from holding a snake, not quite the words I'd use to describe it if I had to hold a snake :laugh: You really do love those scaly little/big suckers don't you!! Have you always loved snakes, lizards etc?? Or has it just been in recent times that you have come to love them?

:rofl: tingle from holding a snake, not quite the words I'd use to describe it if I had to hold a snake :laugh: You really do love those scaly little/big suckers don't you!! Have you always loved snakes, lizards etc?? Or has it just been in recent times that you have come to love them?

I got my first reptile over 30 years ago... a Shingleback Lizard called Rocky.

This led me to more Shinglebacks and I had bred them by the time I was about 9.

As a kid I kept Turtles (3 varieties) Bluetonge Lizards (2 Varieties) Shinglebacks, frogs (god knows how many) and later on I had a Carpet Python named Cuddles.

There was a few years when I came back to Victoria when I didn't have any reptiles, but it wasn't for long.

I have always loved them and breeding them over the years has brought in some 'pocket' money, which has helped maintain my collection and also expand it.

These days I focus on the smaller Pythons, as they are my favorite. I do keep lizards and frogs and Dragons but the snakes are my real interest.

I have operated a little business "South-West Antaresia" keeping, breeding, but mainly trading the Antaresia species for the last couple of years, and this has led to discovering the demand for a commercial dealer in all reptiles in this region, hence "REPTI-Life".

You should come over one day and see the collection.... we currently have seven snakes in the lounge-room, 8 Tree Frogs, a Gidgee Skink, Two Dragons as-well as all the lizards/turtle outside hibernating.

Even if you have a fear of snakes we have a couple here who have such awesome temperaments you are bound to see them differently by the time you leave.

A lady from Naringal who had a deathly fear of snakes spent some time here and ended up cuddling and kissing Ant, one of my girls. Now she is contemplating having one of her own! :)

Well that's quite amazing, I wouldn't say I have a fear of snakes, I would actually love to feel one to see what they feel like, the thing that bothers me is in the wild they could kill the dogs, that's what I am most afraid of!

Your kids are certainly going to grow up being reptile lovers no doubt, are they all as keen as you?

Well that's quite amazing, I wouldn't say I have a fear of snakes, I would actually love to feel one to see what they feel like, the thing that bothers me is in the wild they could kill the dogs, that's what I am most afraid of!

Your kids are certainly going to grow up being reptile lovers no doubt, are they all as keen as you?

No venomous snakes here... so feel free to come and meet the gang!

Yep snakes worry me alot too, with the dogs... not much you can do about that.

Tarni and Ant have developed a little 'thing'... Ant is the only snake not fussed by the dog (snakes hate the 'smell' of dogs!) and she is the only snake Tarni shows any interest in... it's quite touching to watch them together! :)

It's funny, all my girls have a real love for animals, in particular reptiles. Jemma is only 18 months old and just loves them... she kisses them and everything which totally freaks my Mother out! :laugh:

Jacob on the other hand shows little interest. He's the only one who doesn't want a snake or lizard of his own.

He is interested in anything new coming into the collection but doesn't really care once he's seen them.

That's fine though... can't expect everyone to share my interest.

I dont know how to do linkies JJ, i just watched it again on msn.com looked everywhere for how to do the link but i failed big time......that snake might have been illegal but he must have had some age on him to be so big and so bloody wide, i couldnt get over just how wide he was :eek: i'd rather the snake survive than the Alligator to be honest, we should get some of those snakes over here to take care of some Crocodiles and Toads :thumbsup: i know not a good idea but gee they would work ?? :laugh:

edited to say....i dont think the Alligator was dead at the end he was still moving , my connection is not all that great here but im sure one of the rangers said he was alive ????

Edited by Tenties

Only feeling slightly better today :cry: my friend was coming tomorrow but now she can't come till Thursday as she has to go to a funeral. Probably just as well as it give me an extra day to get a bit better.

Yep, all done and dusted at 5. :)

#1 Bitch "Jerojath Zoe" 13:47pm 407grams.

#2 Bitch "Jerojath Zara" 15:08pm 441grams.

#3 Dog "Jerojath Zolton" 16:08pm 457grams.

#4 Dog "Jerojath Zephyr" 16:20pm 527grams

#5 Bitch "Jerojath Zeva" 17:48pm 459grams.

Here's a couple of pics from the whelping...

post-14146-0-64055200-1310511953_thumb.jpg

post-14146-0-69372100-1310511971_thumb.jpg

And one of the proud new Mum and her babies this morning....

post-14146-0-22982200-1310512032_thumb.jpg

We had a 'textbook' whelping at a very considerate time of day, and all over in time for me to cook dinner! :)

Awww!! they are too lovely. Wish I could put my name on the BIG boy!! As I have 2 girls and a boy I think I need another boy to even things up..OH wont be in it though :cry:

d i v o r c e is looking likely... :laugh:

One of my nephews is 'housesitting' in Warrnambool for a few months soon! he has 3 boys under 4.. :eek::laugh: and is from adelaide. I'll have to tell him to look out for vizssss as he will be on the beach a LOT, he kitesurfs and windsurfs..

I think we need more photos! ;) :D

rather impressed....midwife(husband? :laugh: ) in the afternoon and chef in the evening!!! :thumbsup:

Yep, all done and dusted at 5. :)

#1 Bitch "Jerojath Zoe" 13:47pm 407grams.

#2 Bitch "Jerojath Zara" 15:08pm 441grams.

#3 Dog "Jerojath Zolton" 16:08pm 457grams.

#4 Dog "Jerojath Zephyr" 16:20pm 527grams

#5 Bitch "Jerojath Zeva" 17:48pm 459grams.

Yey, more puppies. 5 is a good managable number. Congrats!

We went down to 5 puppies last night, one had done a runner and escaped the whelping box and went for a scroll around the room. Thinking that they are just babies and won't move from the whelping box i pulled down the puppy pen so i could access them better for feeding. :o

Here I was pulling all the blankets out and screaming out to hubby i've losted a puppy, thinking she buried herself in the blankets or my 5 yr old daughter had stole one to take to bed with her. Hubby just stood back laughing at me pointing to the little girl sitting in the corner of the room watching me, little bugger. :nahnah:

Here is a photo of Nitro, he is sold but i rather liked this photo shot. Very hard taking portrait photos of puppies they wiggle about so much but he did sit still for a few moments to bark at me. :laugh:

009-3.jpg