Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez what a lot of catching up to do mixed good news and bad with the'Bool crew. JJ those are beautiful bubbas, tlc sorry for the whooping cough and tenties: bloody doctors that treat you like a speciment not a person!!! I've been in the wars a bit here but we soldier on hi ho hi ho.

Thought I'd jump in and ask is anyone going to the Hamilton weekend (confirmation showing?) I have entered and will be there Fri and Sat nights at he caravan park across the road and I thought does anyone want to catch up for maybe dinner Friday or drop in to the gazebo for a BYO picnic on the sat or the sun? It's the last weekend in August (schedule June Gazette).

So okay Hamilton is not exactly next door for you all but it's the closest I'm gonna get for quite a while LOL! :laugh:

EF fat finger typos (probably missed some...)

Edited by RuralPug

G'Day, RP! :wave:

I normally do Hamilton every year, followed by Horsham the following weekend, from memory.

This year is the first year I haven't entered as I knew I'd have puppies on the ground, and we had originally thought our much-delayed business would be up and running by now too.

So alas, we shall not meet. :(

The last two years Hamilton Showgrounds were literally twelve inches of mud.... exhibitors wore gumboots in the ring and carried their dogs (however large!) everywhere.

I remember a couple of years ago I had 2 babies entered, one was Tarni and the other was a dog I ran-on for a while.

Both of them decided half-way around the ring that wallowing in the mud looked like a great idea and preceded to belly-flop and wriggle about on their backs.

By the time we made it around to the judge they were smothered in thick, smelly, black mud.

The Judge could only laugh, and I said "I wont blame you if you don't want to put your hands on them!" after-all, they were only babies, and he said "Which one do you think is the better one", laughing, I said "the dog" and so he placed us thusly! :laugh:

And so, while it would have been great to see you again RP, I am NOT gonna miss that mud!

Twelve inches gooey mud:

pack gumboots - check;

pack extra gazebo to use as mudroom - check;

pack doggy life jackets so that the baby pug does not sink underground - check.

Honestly I don't expect anything to be predictable weatherwise this year - not after Benalla which needed gumboots and stilts for the sucking mud in driving rain in the middle of January!

:eek: OMG that is usually only a four hour leisurely drive for me but it took me seven hours that day as that was admidst the floods. We all said that day, exhibiting soaking dogs in the pouring rain in gumboots, drizabones and Akubras - "Geez we must be mad!"

But I stuck it out to the end and the sun did come out for general specials so I thought oh the roads might be visible for the drive home, it will be quicker! And the floods had receded in many places but the emergency services and local shires had helpfully put "Flood Hazard - Detour" signs up blocking me from what were now dry roads (admittedly they had been deeply awash when I paraplaned through them on the way up early that morning) so I had to come home nearly via Gippsland... the gear took two days to dry out on the covered back deck. :mad

Yep, mad as bloody hatters. Twelve inches of gooey mud won't faze me at all.

You piker Mick! Those bubs will be quite old enough to fend for themselves for one day, gee you could should bring a shovel and a couple of plastic storage boxes and help yourself to that lovely gooey mud for hibernation chambers for frogs - think laterally, man! I bet the Hamilton mud is much much better than ordinary old Lismore mud LOL!!! Entries haven't closed yet....:rofl: :rofl:

Hi RP :wave:

I dont think i will be getting to Hamilton as i'm hoping to get to Adelaide on the 3/8 i will be going up to Cape Clear next week though and also to Geelong to pick up my trolley which is in for repairs, how far from Cape Clear are you ???

Hi all, thanks for your replies about jan tlc and jj... I agree with you both entirely, I know that mine dont like being boarded but at least I know they are safe, fed and have a bed. And its my responsibility anyway, especially migs, there are very few people I would give the massive responsibility of even letting her out to the loo during the day let alone longer than that! Jan has been saying to me since I got back that she would look after my two whenever I want, does she seriously expect me to offer to look after her dog along with my two? Not gonna happen! Anyway, I have done my bit, I can only keep suggesting that she will have to board her. She thought she could contact a rescue group and the group would foster her for 2 months for nothing and then give her back... I kinda had to explain that's not how it works!

On another note, gee I wonder who you would have rolling in the mud tlc? ;-)

Hope to see you all soon

Get well everyone!

Hi Maw's,

Just wanted to tell you that i saw a pure white Boxer on a ute the other day in a cage on the back, at first i thought it might be Mig's but it had no colour on it at all, it didnt look all that happy being there either cowering in a corner,wasnt sure if the other one you had, had any colour on it and i couldnt see if this one was a dog or a bitch ...

Hey tenties, Cape Clear is only about half hour or so from me what day will you be there?

Why on earth would you go to Geelong for a trolley repair - doesn't Warrnambool have any metal workers????:confused:

My Trolley is being repaired at my Sisters ( GSD's ) by her husband... i was going to take it to the maker of it( it was made in Geelong ) but only got to my sisters lol, i will be at Cape Clear this Thursday coming ?? maybe staying the night and picking the Trolley up the next day on a round trip past my Sisters on the way home ?? are you at Lismore ??? i go through there to get to Cape Clear ??

G'day,

Puppies are all coming along well here. Weaning process at the moment, Lele is easing back the feeds.

All of the puppies have buyers awaiting their arrival 20th Aug we are traveling to Melbourne to drop them off.

You wouldn't beleive how much they have grown, 5 weeks on Tuesday and they are running around chewing on everything.

I do recall the gumboots at the past Hamilton dog shows, rather appauling really.

Hi guys, thanks for the link tlc but I am quite shocked that a site like that exists in warrnambool! I do not support web sites like that that allow undesexed dogs and cats to be advertised. And as for asking $1000 for a white boxer, that should be illegal! And it should be law that white boxers are desexed prior to sale. Dol is somewhat different because the breeders are registered but that site seems to be every tom, dick and harry selling their animals! Many of the animals for sale should never have been purchased in the first place or seem to have been purchased without prior thought for their welfare. An animal is a companion for life. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me writing this but coming from the shelter background and seeing how many dogs and cats are euthed every week due to the public's irresponsibility, I cant believe it is so easy for people to buy and sell their companions :-(. I should point out here that I do not have a problem with pocket pets and reptiles/fish etc being traded as these animals do not generally have an overpopulation problem. I hope you can all understand where I am coming from and why I am opposed to these sites.

Hi guys, thanks for the link tlc but I am quite shocked that a site like that exists in warrnambool! I do not support web sites like that that allow undesexed dogs and cats to be advertised. And as for asking $1000 for a white boxer, that should be illegal! And it should be law that white boxers are desexed prior to sale. Dol is somewhat different because the breeders are registered but that site seems to be every tom, dick and harry selling their animals! Many of the animals for sale should never have been purchased in the first place or seem to have been purchased without prior thought for their welfare. An animal is a companion for life. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me writing this but coming from the shelter background and seeing how many dogs and cats are euthed every week due to the public's irresponsibility, I cant believe it is so easy for people to buy and sell their companions :-(. I should point out here that I do not have a problem with pocket pets and reptiles/fish etc being traded as these animals do not generally have an overpopulation problem. I hope you can all understand where I am coming from and why I am opposed to these sites.

Agreed. Totally.

I'm with you too Shan, don't worry me and Mick Chatta and CB have tried with those FB pages but it is like banging your head up against a brick wall!! one lady that enquired about getting a boxer the very next day was giving her own 8 month old dog away as she couldn't deal with him and her boyfriend hated the dog and couldn't stand the mess the dog made.

The thing that gets me about a lot that frequent these sites asking for help on what to do with thier unruly dogs all it would take is a bit if training and excersise to get the poor dogs on the right track! Some give away/sell thier dogs then a week later are on their asking for another one!

It really is a stuffed up world when it comes to things like that!!

I'm with you too Shan, don't worry me and Mick Chatta and CB have tried with those FB pages but it is like banging your head up against a brick wall!! one lady that enquired about getting a boxer the very next day was giving her own 8 month old dog away as she couldn't deal with him and her boyfriend hated the dog and couldn't stand the mess the dog made.

The thing that gets me about a lot that frequent these sites asking for help on what to do with thier unruly dogs all it would take is a bit if training and excersise to get the poor dogs on the right track! Some give away/sell thier dogs then a week later are on their asking for another one!

It really is a stuffed up world when it comes to things like that!!

Yep. As you know tlc, I tried to educate some of these peiople who obviously have no clue, sometimes politely, sometimes not.

In the end I just removed myself from the pages as it was making me both angry and upset. :(

Worst thing is that they ask for help, but if they don't like your answer they just get stuck into you!

You can't educate people who already know everything. :rolleyes:

Hey tenties, Cape Clear is only about half hour or so from me what day will you be there?

Why on earth would you go to Geelong for a trolley repair - doesn't Warrnambool have any metal workers????:confused:

My Trolley is being repaired at my Sisters ( GSD's ) by her husband... i was going to take it to the maker of it( it was made in Geelong ) but only got to my sisters lol, i will be at Cape Clear this Thursday coming ?? maybe staying the night and picking the Trolley up the next day on a round trip past my Sisters on the way home ?? are you at Lismore ??? i go through there to get to Cape Clear ??

OIC that makes sense, and your BIL will charge a lot less to fix it too! :laugh:

I am north of Lismore, that is about 1/2 hour from me as well but on this Thursday coming I will be in Ballarat. :(

I am north of Lismore, that is about 1/2 hour from me as well but on this Thursday coming I will be in Ballarat. :(

Well that just aint good enough RP....you came in here and dangled the bait and now you dont want it ???? where abouts in Ballarat would you most likely be ??? although i have to be at Cape Clear to drop a dog off....