Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Little BJ has just left with his new owners, he wasnt going to get in their car as he knew it was the wrong one :( ive had a bit of a sook over him going , unbelievable!! he had really wormed his way into my heart i think, i will miss him lots :(

Poor Tenties. :(

We can't keep 'em all, unfortunately.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

Hope you're well. Just wondering if anyone knows of someone looking for a dog walker etc... Having no luck in the job world so looking to make even just a little money one way or another.

Lele would love a walk but i am in Koroit, not worth traveling with fuel cost etc. I would walk her myself but i am still under the weather with this damm virus. She also needs a bath and nails trimmed but i haven't had the strenght to do that either.

Good Morning All,

Just hoping to get some advice. A friend of mine has a pregnant bitch today is day 59. Her temperature dropped last night to around 37.2-37.5 and is still around that now, usual temp is around 38.3-38.6. She hasn't started with any other signs of labour, so not sure if anything is happening or if we're being a little jumpy. The friend has a mentor but can't get in touch with them while they are showing. I've never whelped a litter so I'm not sure what to do other than ring the vet but she's wanting to wait a few more hours to see what happens and will consider the vet this evening if we're still not having any luck. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!

Edited by chataboxboxers

Hi Chata,

Bitches normally drop their temp one to two days before whelping some are different ....it is written in books etc but that is really to cover the mojority..there are always bitches who dont conform to the "usual" vets "usually wont look at a bitch unles she is "over" her due date and is having contractions but has not produced anything ? i have never taken a temp because i usually pick up on little things that are different in the bitches demeanor, i would give your friends bitch 24hrs or so from when you took the temp she will most likely get going after that ? oh and they " usually " refuse food but i have a couple who would happily continue to eat as long as i was happy to keep giving it to them lol....all bitches are different you just take note of their behavior so you know what to expect next time . happy whelping .....

Edited by Tenties

JJ was that you zooming past tooting around 6;pm ????

No, actually, but I will be going past at about 6am tomorrow! :laugh:

Well you neednt think i will be standing out the front waving :laugh: .....you could have home delivered my lamp shade ??? ;)

Hi Chata,

Bitches normally drop their temp one to two days before whelping some are different ....it is written in books etc but that is really to cover the mojority..there are always bitches who dont conform to the "usual" vets "usually wont look at a bitch unles she is "over" her due date and is having contractions but has not produced anything ? i have never taken a temp because i usually pick up on little things that are different in the bitches demeanor, i would give your friends bitch 24hrs or so from when you took the temp she will most likely get going after that ? oh and they " usually " refuse food but i have a couple who would happily continue to eat as long as i was happy to keep giving it to them lol....all bitches are different you just take note of their behavior so you know what to expect next time . happy whelping .....

Thanks Tenties! The bitch hasn't changed her behaviour much, she's a tad lethargic compared to the usual and has been a finicky eater during the last 3 weeks, so her refusal of food is a difficult point to go by. Will have to wait patiently for the next few hour and see how its all progressing...

Hi Chata,

Chata, if you look at her closely you will be able to see the contactions when they start i did this with cattle , sheep, and dogs, its a bloody pest actually cos then i would have to wait hours for something to actually happen lol..im not very good at waiting, ;) the puppies will be lining up inside for the birth , think of them as all hanging onto a rope :D

Thanks Tenties! The bitch hasn't changed her behaviour much, she's a tad lethargic compared to the usual and has been a finicky eater during the last 3 weeks, so her refusal of food is a difficult point to go by. Will have to wait patiently for the next few hour and see how its all progressing...

Yoyo temps are normal too, charted Leles 2 litters and it went up and down a bit a few days prior to whelping. Discharge should be noted as the mucus plug should start to come away and the vulva becomes puffy. If she starts licking, nesting or looking more restless, panting etc you know you are in business.

As JJ said the vets won't be that interested unless she is showing signs of distress or has a concerning coloured discharge.

Main thing at the moment is to keep her comfortable at home and be ready, well stocked whelping kit, vets number etc on standby. Good luck, just a tip you are a going to need to get some sleep as whelping puppies is like having a new born baby! First few days is very draining.

Good Morning All,

Just hoping to get some advice. A friend of mine has a pregnant bitch today is day 59. Her temperature dropped last night to around 37.2-37.5 and is still around that now, usual temp is around 38.3-38.6. She hasn't started with any other signs of labour, so not sure if anything is happening or if we're being a little jumpy. The friend has a mentor but can't get in touch with them while they are showing. I've never whelped a litter so I'm not sure what to do other than ring the vet but she's wanting to wait a few more hours to see what happens and will consider the vet this evening if we're still not having any luck. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!

I wouldn't be ringing the Vet for a couple of days yet.

I have had dropped temps and not seen a pup for four days!

If she's not showing any signs of labor... just relax. Your friend will "know" when things are happening for real!

There is NO species of Salamander which can be legally kept in Australia...

BUT, if an Axolotl (Mexican Walking Fish) happens to 'morph' into a Salamander, then the law doesn't state that it cannot be kept!

Apparently only one Axolotl in a million will ever morph into a Salamander, so they are extremely rare to see!

I found one for sale some time ago, but couldn't afford it.

In all my years this is only the second one I've heard about..... so I bought it! :happydance2:

I knew about it day's ago, i DO go to your FB you know, i read interesting stuff on them, i'm going to have a look at it tomorrow when i get in there, assuming you havent sold it yet.... ???

I used to love Axolotl when i was a kid but we alway's thought they were cool cos they were " Mexican Walking Fish " anything was cool if it had an oversea's name years ago not like now everything has an oversea's name now....lol you better check at the back of his neck for a " Made in China " Stamp :laugh: he could be a knock up ?? :laugh:

Anyway, what are you doing with him, isnt he more Tristan's area ????????????

I knew about it day's ago, i DO go to your FB you know, i read interesting stuff on them, i'm going to have a look at it tomorrow when i get in there, assuming you havent sold it yet.... ???

I used to love Axolotl when i was a kid but we alway's thought they were cool cos they were " Mexican Walking Fish " anything was cool if it had an oversea's name years ago not like now everything has an oversea's name now....lol you better check at the back of his neck for a " Made in China " Stamp :laugh: he could be a knock up ?? :laugh:

Anyway, what are you doing with him, isnt he more Tristan's area ????????????

He is for sale, but I don't mind if he doesn't sell ;)

As far as Tristan goes, I leave the Axolotls to him.

BUT in the case of a Salamander, I figured it doesn't breath underwater as a fish, and it IS an amphibian, so I classed it more like a frog than a fish, hence its presence in MY store! :laugh:

Ok so I'm in the dark, derrrrr I thought MWF were the same as a salamander, please explain difference? I'd google but would prefer to hear from the expert. ;)

Edited by tlc