Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sucks about PGD dumping all their cheap shit in W'bool JJ - hope they finish up soon. Ironic that they've never really had great stocks until they went broke :eek: I was tempted to have a sticky beak this arvo but buying from a store (broke or not) who sells puppies just grates me and I won't do it, no matter how cheap they are.

:( if that is Pandii's Dusty, I did see she posted something about him never settling in the training forum a while ago. I can't find it because she's no longer a member. Coolie and working dog rescue seems to be pretty active, hopefully they pick him up and find him a more suitable home. Very sad that he wasn't offered to rescue first instead of taking such a risk with surrender :(

Jess I was almost tempted today too especially being across the road so often! But I resisted the temptation. After work we went back to bunnings to get some metal poles so I could remodel a barrier for the car and I got the bargain of a life time, they had a pig in mud ex large dog door on the cheap table for $75 bucks, I offered the boss $50 and he said $60 I said hell yea Ill take it! :laugh: he said you know your getting a bargain don't you. :laugh: It would have been a bargain at $75 hell it would have been a bargain at $200 :rofl: So that was my good luck for the day and also the metal I expected to be $20 was only $5, gotta love a bargain!

:thumbsup: Gotta love a bargain - I'm amazed that pig in mud door was still there, Mum told me about it this morning and said it was there yesterday or day before! :eek: I had a dog door put in a year or so ago, best thing I did - makes me feel so much better having the girls inside on shitty days and when I'm away overnight for work. Luckily I had the set up to be able to pull a window panel out and replace it with marine ply and the dog door - saves wrecking a door :D

So much of what PGD had was crap anyway - fingers crossed we get someone decent in there for dog and cat stuff. PS has a good range but not as good as somewhere like Pet Barn, heading into Geelong tomorrow so will swing by there while I'm down there :)

Yea there was 3 of the door, apparently they were special orders which were never collected :confused: anyway their loss is my gain. My lot stay inside while we are not home so won't have access to use it while we are not here but when I'm home they will be able to come and go as they please. I like to know where they are and what they are doing when Im not here. I also have puppy spy cam, it is so awesome, but pretty boring as all they do is sleep, I check in with them when Im not home and occasionally there is a change of position but thats about it. :laugh:

:eek: Geelong has a pet barn? how did I not know this?

:thumbsup: Gotta love a bargain - I'm amazed that pig in mud door was still there, Mum told me about it this morning and said it was there yesterday or day before! :eek: I had a dog door put in a year or so ago, best thing I did - makes me feel so much better having the girls inside on shitty days and when I'm away overnight for work. Luckily I had the set up to be able to pull a window panel out and replace it with marine ply and the dog door - saves wrecking a door :D

So much of what PGD had was crap anyway - fingers crossed we get someone decent in there for dog and cat stuff. PS has a good range but not as good as somewhere like Pet Barn, heading into Geelong tomorrow so will swing by there while I'm down there :)

While on the topic, I have heard recently that while Pet Barn have a 'no puppies' policy, the Pet Bard company is owned by a NZ Pet Store chain which is MASSIVE for selling Puppy Farm puppies over there.

So, you think you are doing the right thing buying "puppy free" and then you discover that your $$$ is supporting puppy farms anyway!

I actually think Best Friends is the best option.... I can't link them to Puppy Farms in any way, and they are pro-active in homing shelter dogs etc.

Wish Best Friends would hurry up and come here.... there was talk of it a year ago but nothing came of it.

They would do well in the old PGD store!

)PS - I was in PGD the other day chatting to the Manager and there were RATS running around the back room! :eek:

Yea there was 3 of the door, apparently they were special orders which were never collected :confused: anyway their loss is my gain. My lot stay inside while we are not home so won't have access to use it while we are not here but when I'm home they will be able to come and go as they please. I like to know where they are and what they are doing when Im not here. I also have puppy spy cam, it is so awesome, but pretty boring as all they do is sleep, I check in with them when Im not home and occasionally there is a change of position but thats about it. :laugh:

:eek: Geelong has a pet barn? how did I not know this?

You should have known about Pet Barn tlc.... it's right near the BGS!

I've been in there.... not overly impressed.

Again, you're better off going to Best Friends. :)

I loooovvveee best friends and on occasion have got some very good bargains there. Actually the swags i got the dogs for when we travel were originally around the $80 mark and 4 @ $80 was just too much to pay but in recent months they have been clearing them out and I got them all for around the $25 mark. :thumbsup: Also my girls have got jackets that cost $45 here at pet stock, Best friends $10 each, I really think it may have been an error but who am I to complain. :laugh:

I will check out Pet Barn next time I go down that way, Its funny i have never even been into the BGS at WP, havent been into that complex at all.

Well, i just got a message from the girl who has Bundy/Bailey she got the trainer to come around to her place for one on one ? it seems she was taking him to group sessions :eek: the poor little bugga, she said he was terrified when there :( i hope she told the trainer what i called him :laugh: he said the dog was born like it and that he wouldnt change, i told her to find out if he has ever worked with an abused dog because so far he has told her *shit* :laugh:

While on the topic, I have heard recently that while Pet Barn have a 'no puppies' policy, the Pet Bard company is owned by a NZ Pet Store chain which is MASSIVE for selling Puppy Farm puppies over there.

So, you think you are doing the right thing buying "puppy free" and then you discover that your $$$ is supporting puppy farms anyway!

I actually think Best Friends is the best option.... I can't link them to Puppy Farms in any way, and they are pro-active in homing shelter dogs etc.

Wish Best Friends would hurry up and come here.... there was talk of it a year ago but nothing came of it.

They would do well in the old PGD store!

)PS - I was in PGD the other day chatting to the Manager and there were RATS running around the back room! :eek:

:eek: Bloody hell - thanks for the info! I prefer Pet Barn's range of toys over Best Friends but can always get what I'm after online for cheaper anyway. I will have to suck it up tomorrow, I need to restock on chuck it balls and I don't think BF stock them. Plus I find PB more user friendly as they don't have the dog beds and crates etc in those big racks where you can't get to them. I hate asking for help when I only want to measure something and not buy :o I don't feel so bad when doing it with a company that's involved in puppy farming though :o

Geez hope she didn't pay him for that little gem of info, Poor BB. At least I suppose she is trying to get some help. So your not getting him back?

Nope, doesnt look like it, she really loves the dog and i have told her 7 mths in the life of an abused dog is nothing and her so called Trainer should know that if he is any good he told her that he hasnt changed as much as he should have in that time thats why he thought he was born like it :eek: .... some of these Trainers are really scary !

Im guessing by now everyone has heard about the lady who went over the cliff. Poor lady, poor family. I was out and about after training today, I decided to have a drive and take Lacy for a little photo shoot and I seen the Helicopter and then the cops had thunder point blocked off so no one could go up there. There was a video on the standard website but it seems they have removed it now.

• 2 weeks later...

How good was todays weather, bring on Spring I say...

Tell me about it!!!

I love this weather. It brings shoppers out of the wood-work too. It went nuts at work today! :thumbsup:

What's the bet tlc was out and about with puppies & camera...

How's your little one doing Tanya??? What does Bruno make of it all???

Well I was out and about but didn't have the pups with me, I went to the fletcher jones gardens to practice with my new camera, it's a bit of a learning curve but I'm getting the hang of it ow I'll pop some pics in here tomorrow.

When I pulled up at the gardens I discovered another market that I had no idea was there, it was great it had new stuff as well as old stuff. Soon as I walked in there was a display of dog treats so I knew Iwasin a good place. :laugh: I had a bit of a look around then went into the gardens to take some pics, nothing special as there is not really any flowers out yet, a few irises and some daisys but that's about it.

Sounds like you've settled into parenting with ease Tanya, glad all is well.

Not sure what area specifically they are looking for people, but I received an email from Dogs Vic looking for Pet Educators in schools in my area.

I know a few people who do it and love it, pity I work full time otherwise I'd have a go myself. If anyone wants the details let me know :)

Getting desperate for some sunshine again, Wednesday's weather was just sensational. Would dearly love that kind of weather even for just one day of a weekend so I could take advantage of it :o