Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Thanks Jess belly rub was gratefully received :)

Poor Boof is in the wars. Now he has split his nail (again) and is very sore.

This will be the 4th time it's happened so thinking it may be time to have the rotten thing removed once and for all.

This is what the vet talked about last time if it was an ongoing problem.

Will give him a few days to see how it goes its currently bandaged up and he is on antibiotics so fingers crossed he will be fine.

Cheers Janet

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Linda its been 10 days and we are still having a cry . The place is so quiet without him hard to believe such a little dog had such a huge impact.

Going to miss the little brat today we are out planting trees and he certainly would have had great fun annoying us to throw the ball for him by dropping it in the holes dug for the trees and generally being a pest :cry::cry: :cry:

Boof is slowly feeling better and not missing him as much, I think spending every arvo and night inside with us has certainly helped him.

Tanya that's a gorgeous pic lol how funny :laugh:

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/about-us/tenders-and-notices/belfast-coastal-reserve,-tower-hill-reserve-and-private-property

Seen the sign up at Gorman's Lane today, from 1st October 2012 to July 2013. :(

I generally keep an eye on the Standard but I haven't seen any notification of this at all, I thought they kept baiting to a minimum over tourist season. Last time they baited the beaches around there it seemed like there was far more out of control dogs being walked down there, or maybe I'm more attuned to it now I have a dog who hates being rushed :eek:

Stupid baits, but of course it doesn't bother me and my dogs because my dogs are highly trained with the leave it command, they will drop anything I tell them too!! :rofl::rofl::coffeesplurk: :p

No but seriously that sux, I haven't been out there for ages but get awfully paranoid if we go to Killarney!

RJ, had a bit of a sad attack tonight, something caught my eye on the book shelf and guess what it was the photo of all my guys with Mawson and Sniffy, that I took that day at Albert park on the last walk we all went on together. I have the photo in a frame I got for christmas last year from a friend. I'm sure sniffy has some new buddys over the :rainbowbridge:

Edited by tlc

Sorry I meant to post about this and I forgot :o

We got a letter a few weeks prior to them putting the baits.

No worries RJ - you've had other things on your mind :hug:

Just disappointed that there didn't seem to be any media about it locally. Baited area is from the Kelly Swamp mouth back to Levy's beach. They've been pretty slack with their signposting previously :mad I don't recall ever seeing signs at Basin Track yet it's not that far to walk Eastwards back to Kelly Swamp.

I would've thought with the fox scalp program going it would've reduced the need to do it at all. I hate 1080 baiting :mad

Me too Jess, it's hideous! My friend lost her dog to 1080 last year, she was in a caravan park. It must have been dropped by a bird. I'm paranoid every time the digs pick something up when I'm out there over summer. My guys stick to the beach but there is always still a risk of a dropped bait on the beach! :mad

Jess do you ever take your girls to Logan's or Ritchies point? , both off lead for dogs, but it's hard going in the sand for walking. That's why I love Killarney, the sand is usually great walk on and better swimming for the dogs. Mine won't go in big surf, only paddle at the edge but thy will swim at Killarney.

Jess do you ever take your girls to Logan's or Ritchies point? , both off lead for dogs, but it's hard going in the sand for walking. That's why I love Killarney, the sand is usually great walk on and better swimming for the dogs. Mine won't go in big surf, only paddle at the edge but thy will swim at Killarney.

Haven't been there in ages, used to go down there but seems to be too much of a doggy free for all, plus the off lead area seems a bit ambiguous. Rather drive the extra 15 mins and almost have the beach to myself, especially since I use a ball thrower so much. Much more user friendly swim wise as well. :D

I agree re the swimming, my guys have a much better time at Kilarney!

The leash free all year round is to the right of the Ritchies point car park, ( turn right before the bridge) I've been there heaps and never seen another dog Leash free all the way to the flume then regular leash laws apply from the flume to the breakwater. .

Logan's is leash fee all year round but quite often there is dogs and people there surfers etc, especially when the whales are there.