Obsession.

rish

Gosh when my nieces and nephews are over, they continually feed Saki treats, to the point where I have to be rather strict to make them stop - feeding her treats all day isn't good for her!

And just because Saki hangs them around hoping for the next treat, that does NOT mean that my little neices and nephews are 'better with dogs' or 'give her more respect' than me - what an odd conclusion to jump to. In fact when Saki gets sick of being smothered by them she will come to me to rescue her. However doesn't stop her going right back to them for more treats later!

Rish, make sure you're not rewarding bad behaviour by yourself giving extra treats or cuddles or attention to MinMin when she's hanging around your daughter or scratching the door. Wait until she's quiet /not scratching on the door / not annoying your daughter before you call her to you for attention, and wait until she's focused on you before you give her a treat (whether food or a toy.)

Not odd at all.This is part of your post

In fact when Saki gets sick of being smothered by them she will come to me to rescue her.

Yes she goes back but she goes to you because you treat her with the respect she wants.

Anyone can feed a dog & get a friend but when push comes to shove dogs gravitate towards the people they feel secure around.

The way i read it rish is jealous the way her dog reacts to her daughter.There is nothing to be jealous of its a dog & they pick there friends .

My showdogs love & react to some many people & i think its wonderful .Dogs are social creatures not our objects

• 2 weeks later...

:laugh: I am far from Jealous,i think at my age i'm kinda over that.

I just wanted to know the reason why,and thanks to the poster's ,i now know :).

As for being a "object" ,to me a object is something that has no life,and collects dust just sitting there.

Gosh when my nieces and nephews are over, they continually feed Saki treats, to the point where I have to be rather strict to make them stop - feeding her treats all day isn't good for her!

And just because Saki hangs them around hoping for the next treat, that does NOT mean that my little neices and nephews are 'better with dogs' or 'give her more respect' than me - what an odd conclusion to jump to. In fact when Saki gets sick of being smothered by them she will come to me to rescue her. However doesn't stop her going right back to them for more treats later!

Rish, make sure you're not rewarding bad behaviour by yourself giving extra treats or cuddles or attention to MinMin when she's hanging around your daughter or scratching the door. Wait until she's quiet /not scratching on the door / not annoying your daughter before you call her to you for attention, and wait until she's focused on you before you give her a treat (whether food or a toy.)

In fact when Saki gets sick of being smothered by them she will come to me to rescue her.

Yes she goes back but she goes to you because you treat her with the respect she wants.

Anyone can feed a dog & get a friend but when push comes to shove dogs gravitate towards the people they feel secure around.

The way i read it rish is jealous the way her dog reacts to her daughter.There is nothing to be jealous of its a dog & they pick there friends .

My showdogs love & react to some many people & i think its wonderful .Dogs are social creatures not our objects

Leo does this, when ever we have a guests over he will follow them EVERYWHERE (Including trying to follow them to the toilet and will sit and scratch on the door outside while they're in there) and sits at they're feet instead of mine. My mum came to stay for a few days and he even wanted to sleep on her bed instead of in our bedroom (Where he sleeps on his own bed)

TBH, i think they know newbies as always softies! :) In normal everyday life there are rules they must follow and obide by by (NILF- nothing in life is free!) my mum keep saying OHH its Ok, i dont mind. (If he sleeps on the end of my bed, if he stares and winges at me while im eating etc etc) and mum also gave treats out 'just beacuse' which is i would agree a big part! Heck, if i knew someone that kept throwing chocolates at me just for sitting near them, well id be pretty heafty by now! :laugh:

"There is nothing to be jealous of its a dog & they pick there friends ."

So when she is scared ?.when she is tired ? when the ppl that come to vist annoy her ??

When she is fed up with Ni,she comes to me and our room.

If she hear's a big noise ,she runs to mum/dad to be nursed.

I know now where i stand in the line on Min :D

There is nothing to be jealous of its a dog & they pick there friends .

:laugh: I am far from Jealous,i think at my age i'm kinda over that.

I just wanted to know the reason why,and thanks to the poster's ,i now know :o.

As for being a "object" ,to me a object is something that has no life,and collects dust just sitting there.