Removing Blade From Km2 Clippers

Akay

Hi everyone

I can't for the life of me get the blade off my new Wahl KM2 clippers. I read the instructions and it basically says to push the grey buttony thing forwards and then take the blade off. I even looked on the internet for more detailed instructions and I tried doing what they said and it still didn't work. Do you think it's possibly stuck? Or are they difficult to get off for the first time? I don't think it should be this hard :-(

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi everyone

I can't for the life of me get the blade off my new Wahl KM2 clippers. I read the instructions and it basically says to push the grey buttony thing forwards and then take the blade off. I even looked on the internet for more detailed instructions and I tried doing what they said and it still didn't work. Do you think it's possibly stuck? Or are they difficult to get off for the first time? I don't think it should be this hard :-(

Thanks in advance for your replies.

When you hold your clippers with top side up, push that button and press the blade down. It should release it.

Push the grey button in hard and hold it, then pull the blade back toward you. The blade will bring the mechanism that it sits on. Slide the blade upwards off it. Now for the important bit! Keep the mechanism (a plastic rectangle) in that position. If you push it back in it is a pain to get back out, but if that does happen, slide something under it and flip it back out. To replace the blade, simply put onto the mechanism and clip forward so that it rests in the proper position again.

I hope that helps - I'm sure there are proper terms for all those things. If all else fails, take it in to where you purchased and get them to run through it.

Sags

Push the grey button in hard and hold it, then pull the blade back toward you. The blade will bring the mechanism that it sits on. Slide the blade upwards off it. Now for the important bit! Keep the mechanism (a plastic rectangle) in that position. If you push it back in it is a pain to get back out, but if that does happen, slide something under it and flip it back out. To replace the blade, simply put onto the mechanism and clip forward so that it rests in the proper position again.

I hope that helps - I'm sure there are proper terms for all those things. If all else fails, take it in to where you purchased and get them to run through it.

Sags

Or do this, in this case the clippers are bottom side up.

Thank you so much both of you!!! That was sooo easy once you both told me the trick! And that mechanism did pop back, but I was able to pry it back with a knife and all is ok.

I have another question seeing you were so helpful with the other one, how long does it take for the blade to get too hot to use on the dog? I used them on the weekend and they seemed to heat up really quickly and I seemed to be all the time stopping and having to rest them. Now I can change blades I can use the second one I have, but I still think they are heating up too quickly.....

Thank you so much both of you!!! That was sooo easy once you both told me the trick! And that mechanism did pop back, but I was able to pry it back with a knife and all is ok.

I have another question seeing you were so helpful with the other one, how long does it take for the blade to get too hot to use on the dog? I used them on the weekend and they seemed to heat up really quickly and I seemed to be all the time stopping and having to rest them. Now I can change blades I can use the second one I have, but I still think they are heating up too quickly.....

The blades need to be kept well lubricated, so a drop of clipper oil on the running track doovie of the blades every 20 minutes or so whilst clipping, or you can use products like Cool Lube spray.

Only clip clean coats, dirty hair will blunt your blades fast, dull blades heat up.

The blades need to be kept well lubricated, so a drop of clipper oil on the running track doovie of the blades every 20 minutes or so whilst clipping, or you can use products like Cool Lube spray.

Only clip clean coats, dirty hair will blunt your blades fast, dull blades heat up.

The blades are brand new and they heat up within 5-10 mins. I was oiling them regularly too :-( I didn't think it seemed right because I thought how do professional clippers get on if the blades can only be used for 10 minute stints.

The close cut blades like the #10, #15 etc will heat up more, due to more surface friction and the also amount of metal in the blade is less and therefore not able to draw the heat away. It is best to run these blades on low speed or continually change them. Also new blades are not always sharp, as they are factory sharpened and this is not always done to high standards or quality control.

The tension on the blades maybe to high (how easily can you slide them apart?)

Clean and matt free dogs are the best to clip, working through knots and dirty coats make the blades work harder and heat up faster.

Also check the clipper is properly greased, if that is getting hot, the blades will also.

The tension on the blades maybe to high (how easily can you slide them apart?)

Clean and matt free dogs are the best to clip, working through knots and dirty coats make the blades work harder and heat up faster.

Also check the clipper is properly greased, if that is getting hot, the blades will also.

Hi Becks, I'm clueless - slide what apart?

The doggies didn't have any mats and they were clean.... so at the moment it's looking like a tension problem or a blunt blade :laugh: