I'm Selling My Camera

ruthless

Just in case anyone missed the link in my sig and the thread in the marketplace :confused:

Here's the details ...

Canon 30D DSLR for sale, with [never used] 18-55mm lens. In mint condition. Comes in original box with manual, software, cables and whatnot. It's been professionally cleaned inside and out and the service receipt can be viewed prior to purchase.

$850 [domestic postage included]

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not yet, I've had to relist it twice due to fraudulent buyers :confused: Here's the link ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=180337625222

I don't think I've sold on Ebay before. I thought if I found a buyer elsewhere I could just pull down the listing?

If anyone on DOL wants it and pays by EFT I can cover the postage as it'd probably work out the same as the PayPal fees.

Modify your listing to add something like "seller reserves the right to withdraw this item from sale as it is listed in other locations" or something similar to that. I have seen other items with similar messages and even had items withdrawn because they have sold through other means.

The main difference is that your camera is full frame, the 30D is a 1.6 crop body. Here's some links that explain what that means if you don't already know.

http://digital-photography-school.com/crop-factor-explained

http://www.millhouse.nl/digitalcropfactorframe.html

The 5D is a professional camera whereas the 30D is for keen hobbyists IMO. Yours doesn't have a pop up flash or all the auto settings. Presumably, if you're a pro you'd be using an off camera flash and the manual settings!

That's the best I can come up with, if anyone else has more to add, feel free :)

I bought it off a friend, she got herself the 5D mark II... The camera is only 4 years old and the price was good, the only problem I don't have the manual.

What is the difference between my 5D and a 30D?

How on earth did you get a 5D first? :)

Hi I sent you a pm about your camera, which you have probly seen by now and after an ebay search I found it there and sent my friend the link also sent him this link, I think he can look at this one but not the members market place as he is not a member. I still think he would be interested in some pics you have taken with it, if you could email me a couple I can pass them on to him. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Far out, another non-buyer on Ebay :laugh: I did everything they suggested [apart from phone verification] to avoid attracting dodgy people and it's now 6 days since the buyer placed the winning bid and they haven't replied to any of my messages. I have to wait 7 days to report them and ask to relist it for free. This whole experience is really turning me off Ebay.

Guest Tess32

You should try gumtree - I sold my lens on there in about two days, and still had lots of other potentials, and it's free.