Eye Boogers!

Our 5 month Anatolian Mosley seems to have a problem with eye boogers, most days there will be a big juicy one there.....could this be a symptom of a problem or is it just him?? Ive thought about taking him to the vet nut I think im being paranoid (as usual) :)

Anyone else have this issue???

Our 5 month Anatolian Mosley seems to have a problem with eye boogers, most days there will be a big juicy one there.....could this be a symptom of a problem or is it just him?? Ive thought about taking him to the vet nut I think im being paranoid (as usual) :)

Anyone else have this issue???

I have the problem now and my dog has conjuncitivitis, which I'm treating.

Mainly this is from dirt, etc. going into the eye and irritating the eye which then produces tears to clean itself.

The dirt has to go somewhere so it gravitates to the corner of the eye.

Dogs being physically closer to the dirt tend to accumulate more dust, etc. than we do.

My puppies get lots of it because they are always rolling around on the grass playing.

Sometimes dogs develop an allergy to pollen etc. and the eye can become infected.

If the colour of the discharge turns yellowish then it is time to get it treated.

If there are a lot of irritants this causes a greyish thick discharge you can always rinse out the eye with a saline solution.

Otherwise just comb it away on a daily basis.

Edited by STITCH