Where To Buy Heartguard/revolution/worming Tablets?

I'm not sure about all the products, but basing pricing on Sentinal Spectrum (white), I'm saving 20 bucks buying online at petproductsontheweb compared to the other links (including the free shipping they give), so anyone else buying online I'd definitely compare prices to this mob! Not sure about the service yet, though, so hopefully it arrives in a decent amount of time :laugh:

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone, much appreciated!

i have always used petcareshop.com.au as they are super cheap and only $4.95 postage

It's all good if you are happy to pay an extra $11.75 for the Sentinel white and and extra $10.45 for the yellow (including the postage) for the same product.

Edited by cavNrott

I'm not sure about all the products, but basing pricing on Sentinal Spectrum (white), I'm saving 20 bucks buying online at petproductsontheweb compared to the other links (including the free shipping they give), so anyone else buying online I'd definitely compare prices to this mob! Not sure about the service yet, though, so hopefully it arrives in a decent amount of time :laugh:

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone, much appreciated!

Petproductsontheweb don't pack the product as well as PricelessPets. The box gets a bit squashed in the post but the tablets are never squashed. Delivery usually takes about 8-10 days so they are not as quick as PricelessPets either. If you plan ahead all is well.

I've been buying from them for a couple of years and never had any problems.

Slightly off topic but I've been told that its OK to take a Sentinel White for 22-45 kg dogs & split them roughly in half to treat a 13kg + a 22kg dog.

Any thoughts ?

Yeppers, I split the White Sentinel in halves for my two smaller dogs. Works well.

Thanks cavNrott, my wife reminded me that it was our vet who suggested this to us ! Nice vet :o

Petproductsontheweb don't pack the product as well as PricelessPets. The box gets a bit squashed in the post but the tablets are never squashed. Delivery usually takes about 8-10 days so they are not as quick as PricelessPets either. If you plan ahead all is well.

After posting ^ about poor packaging and slow postage I received my order within 3 days by registered post and no squashed box. Very happy!

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some cost comparisons for Sentinel Spectrum.

Petproductsontheweb.com.au

White $67.50

Yellow $62.50

Postage is free.

Pricelesspets.com.au

White $68.60

Yellow $62.80

Postage is $6.50

Vetnpetdirect.com.au

White $78.00

Yellow $71.40

Postage is $4.95

Edited to include postage cost.

I have found Clipper World to be cheaper than all online prices - Sentinal Spectruim White $62.95 and I buy in bulk to save more than the advertised web site price. Contact them with your requirements and they will give you a great price! I am so happy I found them, as I am saving heaps. :happydance2::cooldance:

After posting ^ about poor packaging and slow postage I received my order within 3 days by registered post and no squashed box. Very happy!

Mine took a bit longer to arrive, and one box was squashed while the other wasn't. But as long as the product is ok I don't care about the box so much in this instance :rolleyes:

I have found Clipper World to be cheaper than all online prices - Sentinal Spectruim White $62.95 and I buy in bulk to save more than the advertised web site price. Contact them with your requirements and they will give you a great price! I am so happy I found them, as I am saving heaps. :rolleyes: :)

Clipper World's prices seem cheap as well, but do they charge shipping fees? If their shipping is free or very, very small, then they are quite comparable to Pet Products on the Web :(

I have found Clipper World to be cheaper than all online prices - Sentinal Spectruim White $62.95 and I buy in bulk to save more than the advertised web site price. Contact them with your requirements and they will give you a great price! I am so happy I found them, as I am saving heaps. :thumbsup::worship:

Could you give us an idea of how much their postage/shipping cost is please. There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their website.

Edited by cavNrott

Hey guys, are the weight ranges for the grown dog or current weight of the dog/puppy. I've got a labrador pup and he's around 5kgs, do I buy the small dog version or the large dog version?

Cheers

Edited by macaroni

Hey guys, are the weight ranges for the grown dog or current weight of the dog/puppy. I've got a labrador pup and he's around 5kgs, do I buy the small dog version or the large dog version?

Cheers

Their current weight :laugh: But your 5kg Labrador won't stay 5kg for long!! So I wouldn't go buying a 6 month supply of the small dog versions! For a breed who grows so quickly, I would personally work your doses month to month appropriate for its weight at that stage, instead of stocking up on a certain product for a certain weight range right now.

You dose the dog according to it's current weight. That's why they put the weight on the boxes.

Cheers

the weight indication is for current weight so a small version for a pup

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure because some doggy products list the weight range as the adult weight even if you're using it on a puppy of the same breed.

Can I buy the 10-25kg range and only use half a tablet?

Yes, you can with Sentinel Spectrum and I think any of the solid tablets such as Interceptor. My vet advised it's fine to split the them. It's only the soft chewables that the meds may not be evenly distributed.

Slightly off topic but I've been told that its OK to take a Sentinel White for 22-45 kg dogs & split them roughly in half to treat a 13kg + a 22kg dog.

Any thoughts ?

Yeppers, I split the White Sentinel in halves for my two smaller dogs. Works well.

I don't use Sentinel but remember reading a discussion on splitting dog tablets on one of the dog lists I'm on where the person made inquires to the tablet makers. Apparrently if the tablet is not scored for easy division then it is not recommended to split it as the medication is not necessarily evenly distrubuted in the tablet. It the tablet is scored then it is safe to do so as the medication is evenly distibuted. Don't know what the Sentinel looks like to know wheather it is scored or not but might be worth knowing for that and other medication.

I get my products from

www.vetproductsdirect.com.au

I pay $60.66 --- 4-11kg (med) 6pk Advantix

$74.58 ---- 4.5 --11kg 6pk Sentinel

$ 29.59 ---- 500ml Malaseb

that's the only price's I can remember right now because that's the order I just put in

postage is extra but occasionally they have free post -- they do now until the end of the month & they also have a rewards program --- not much ---- I think it something like $5 off every $100 spent

I'm now going to compere it to the other posts to see how it comperes for next time , I've just put an order in -- gotta take advantage of that free postage !!!

I get my products from

that's the only price's I can remember right now because that's the order I just put in

postage is extra but occasionally they have free post -- they do now until the end of the month & they also have a rewards program --- not much ---- I think it something like $5 off every $100 spent

I'm now going to compere it to the other posts to see how it comperes for next time , I've just put an order in -- gotta take advantage of that free postage !!!

I just checked Priceless Pets is lots cheaper --- I wish I'd read this 2 days ago !!!! :laugh: I had house guests over Easter so Ive been slack -- well I know now for next time

I get my products from

I just checked Priceless Pets is lots cheaper --- I wish I'd read this 2 days ago !!!! :rofl: I had house guests over Easter so Ive been slack -- well I know now for next time

Bummer! How does it compare to pet products on the web? I found them cheapest and with free postage :rofl: