Bloat?

The thing with bloat is symptons can show days before it happens .

The one dog we had bloat actually showed no symptoms except being hard in the tummy.We went to the vet & he had already twisted & was beyond operating.He was PTS.

He ran into the clinic with his teddy bear ,greeting & bouncing about.He was running on adrenalin .

This dog had massive health issues & the only reason we noticed the oddness was due to him being anorexic ,massive thyroid issues.

The key is the more paranoid you are the more the dog feels it .The reality is even with the best precautions it can still happen its just a case of if it aint right doing something.

We always have gas aid on hand because often the signs of a bad gut can be the same or a lead up to bloat.If we have any dog we think looks gasy we will gently tap its tummy & rub & they will either burp or fart bigtime & thats what you want as that is removing the gas build up.

The farts are often :thumbsup:

We always have gas aid on hand because often the signs of a bad gut can be the same or a lead up to bloat.If we have any dog we think looks gasy we will gently tap its tummy & rub & they will either burp or fart bigtime & thats what you want as that is removing the gas build up.

The farts are often :laugh:

What is gas aid??? Can I just buy it from a chemist - and what dose for a 40kg ridgie??? Suppose I should ask a vet hey :provoke:

I asked OH before how Jonty was today, and he said he had rubbed his tummy for a while and he was burping so combining that with the farting last night I guess it was a build up of gas.

Would this mean he's of risk to bloat??? Another question for the vet :thumbsup: