What To Do For A Rash Under The Collar?

My lab X has ended up with a nasty rash on her neck, under where her collar sits. I think its come from our Easter holiday on the family farm where she spent every day swimming in creeks and dams, I thought I was washing and drying her off properly afterwards but obviously I didn't :thumbsup: (my bad entirely, I know). I've left her collar off since Easter and used Betadine to dry out the weepy parts of the rash, and it's looking much better now. However some of the skin is looking a bit dry and scaly now so I was wondering if I should put some kind of cream on to protect it, or should I just leave it? It's not itching her at all, she's not trying to rub or scratch her neck.

Thanks for any advice.....

Leave it to dry out completely and let the scaley buts fall off naturally. Once all cleared up, put the collar back on.

My dogs love to swim but I always make sure they have their thin Lupine collars on rather than their thick collars so they dry out quickly.

You could try buying vitamin E oil from the chemist. I have used it in the past (but more because I was trying to avoid any scarring) and find it works really well. I know some people use paw paw ointment which you can buy from Woolworths.

While she isn't wearing the collar I'd give it, the collar that is a good scrub too. It might be carrying bacteria on it from the dams that could flare up again if it goes back on her. I've no idea really but better to be safe.