The Merck Veterinary Manual

Bully

I purchased this through Angus & Robertson the other day. Actually, it was another book I purchased, and they had a special 'deal' going that meant I could purchase the Merck Veterinary Manual for $10. Don't know if the 'deal' is still going and whether it is valid in all A & R branches.

I haven't had a chance to have a real solid read through it, but have read some and the info is interesting, written fairly clearly so you don't have to be a Vet to understand it, and is informative. Being a Vet manual, I did mentally note that many (or most?) of the recommendations given relate to Veterinary practice (ie surgery; drugs) rather than also offering alternative or less invasive procedures. But that's in respect to only the few things I've read in it so far.

I purchased a copy about 12 months ago. With 5 cats and 3 dogs, I have often referred to it...and I have found it very informative and easy to read.

There's a couple of excellent sections with regards to medication & poisons (plants, chemicals, foods etc.) which is great to have on hand in a hurry (especially, if like me, you don't have a computer at home)