World Dog Games - Agility, Frisbee, Flyball And Dock Dogs

i wanna go watch, are you allowed to? ok ignore that, but how do we find out what is on when, i cant go for both days but would be able to go for one, but dont know which day to go.

Edited by Jibba

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I noticed that the allowence is much higher than where we are staying but great that they are paying it and fuel as well. :rainbowbridge: We would go anyway

I also noticed that you have to have a secondary handler so that your dog is never unattended. Bonus for me I get to go too not just as a spectator. Looking around with out OH could be a little boring. I was hoping to see Greg Derrett again got so much from that when he came to Vic. was tempted to go again after WDG.

World Dog Games TV ad

The action is going to be amazing, and it really is the first time anything like this has ever been done before with dog sports. The event is indoors at Acer Arena with big screens (in fact its 11 meters high so everyone can see the dogs), dog statistics, commentary, and loads of entertainment around the dog sports. We even have a pool indoors for the diving dogs. It’s a great event for families and dog lovers alike.

The ticket also includes entry into the World Dog Games Dog Festival which has exhibitors, lectures and demos from experts from Australia and around the world. It’s going to be heaps of fun.

Experts now confirmed, and timetable for morning sessions is on the website. Agility competitors, Greg Derrett now doing a full morning seminar both days, which is included in the ticket price. Flyball and Frisbee Pam Martin will also be doing some sessions at the Dog Festival.

World Dog Games TV ad
The action is going to be amazing, and it really is the first time anything like this has ever been done before with dog sports. The event is indoors at Acer Arena with big screens (in fact its 11 meters high so everyone can see the dogs), dog statistics, commentary, and loads of entertainment around the dog sports. We even have a pool indoors for the diving dogs. It’s a great event for families and dog lovers alike.

The ticket also includes entry into the World Dog Games Dog Festival which has exhibitors, lectures and demos from experts from Australia and around the world. It’s going to be heaps of fun.

Experts now confirmed, and timetable for morning sessions is on the website. Agility competitors, Greg Derrett now doing a full morning seminar both days, which is included in the ticket price. Flyball and Frisbee Pam Martin will also be doing some sessions at the Dog Festival.

Cool ad.

Edited for safety's sake.

Edited by Agility Dogs

• 3 weeks later...
Is the World Dog Games going to become an annual event??

If they do I'd say it could be anywhere in the world, so maybe not so easy to get to.

Not necessarily. If borrowed from the US format, that is simply the name - they tend to call everything 'World' like the World Series Baseball - only has American teams in America.

I think they are looking at the Games moving around the world each year.

I heard next year will be London then possibly New York after that.

Don't know if this is fact but it is what I have heard.

So let me work this out ..... 2 Dogs in Kennelling for 2 weeks, Two return flights to London (+ accommodation ok I know why 2??) 2 dogs flown overseas (add Quarantine fees and kennelling) hmmm best you make the most of this years I think!! Or find a very friendly sponsor!!!

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure they are using the Aust version as a test for over seas markets. They have been talking about next year's Aus event.

I think my guys might forget what it is they are there for if they had to come out of a quarantine period........ :rainbowbridge:

Only a couple more days to go!!!!!