Snotty Spaniel

wish_4_cockerspaniel

No idea how he got it, but my cocker spaniel has a cold :happydance: ! Poor little pup woke me up with his sneezing this morning and has a very snotty nose, quite a lot of mucus which is creamy coloured (sorry for the description :thumbsup: ).

I'm not worried about him, he's acting quite normal otherwise, eating everything that evenly slightly resembles food, enjoyed a walk this morning, being fully spaniel-y etc... but sure he's not enjoying the sneezing or the leaky nose... what's the best way to get him better again?

i would be a bit concerned as the snot is not clear. if it didn't clear up by the morning or if he started coughing then i would take it to the vet, especially if it is a young puppy.

Hmmm - he's 5 months - sounds like I might need to call the vet in the morning... :happydance: Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the advice guys - went to the vet this morning. His temperature was up, but hydration levels fine so vet said keep an eye on him and he should get better on his own, make sure he drinks plenty of water. If it moves to his chest and he starts coughing I'm to go back - otherwise he should be fine. :thumbsup:

Great to hear this.......was reading it yesterday.

Never be afraid to get a second opinion if it continues and the vet doesn't seem to be doing much about it......................

Good luck.