Liquid Diahrrea.. Please Help

MaKoda

I hope something comes up on the faecal sample. Sounds like this probably isn't food related something more like Coccidia ( as has been mentioned ) Gardia or hook worm presents with similar symptoms.

I hope they can find the answer and clear it up soon.

Faecal sample retrieved at 3am this morning & dropped off at the vets at 8am.

I definiately want a result of some sort, however in the meantime I will transistion over to Bonnie Working Dog & rice. I would rather try to leave out the raw meat until I have answers. What ever the case she certainly hasnt lost her appetite, she is/has always been happy, playful & very boistorus... but we do want her better & asap.

Haha.. Danois arent they aways large stools !!

Oh no - they are a lot bigger and more frequent on Bonnie!

It could be Giardia as well.

My Danes all got chronic runs on Bonnie. I use Euk and my dogs have good sized (not huge) well formed poops. If I have ever had a dog with the runs I have used Lomatil with success.

I am not keen on feeding Dane pups rice. Rice is VERY high in phosphorous. Can put out the balance of whatever food she is keeping in and could cause an onset of HOD or other growth problems. I would take the advice of settrlvr and use Pumpkin.

I have heard of Danes also getting colitis which causes constant diarrhea so this also could be discussed with vet. Good luck I hope you can get to the bottom of this as it has been going on a very long time.

I hope we get a result from the sample coz then at least we can know what we are dealing with.

Ok.. no more rice, pumpkin it is (well get some on teh way home). Umm stupid question, I dont eat pumpkin so how do I cook it please??

I will stick with Bonnie until her stools are stable, she is enjoying it thoroughly.

Thanks heaps, I have lots of notes & possible illnesses/issues to raise with the vet when they call.

Oh I forgot, where can I get Lomatil from please ??

Edited by Chiccy

Please check with the vet re using LOMOTIL.!!

There are certain conditions in which it should not be used...as it may cause serious harm.

For a case of simple diarrhoea. yes it can stop it..... by slowing the muscle contractions.

It does NOT kill the bug causing it, or fix an enzyme problem, or cure a food intolerance. It is a temporary 'fix'....and your girl needs a complete 'cure'.

Please check with the vet re using LOMOTIL.!!

There are certain conditions in which it should not be used...as it may cause serious harm.

For a case of simple diarrhoea. yes it can stop it..... by slowing the muscle contractions.

It does NOT kill the bug causing it, or fix an enzyme problem, or cure a food intolerance. It is a temporary 'fix'....and your girl needs a complete 'cure'.

I agree, I would not give her any other meds until you get to the bottom of what is causing it.

With the pumpkin peel it cut into wedges and steam it. :thumbsup:

With the pumpkin peel it cut into wedges and steam it

:thumbsup: what I'm having for lunch..but I'm adding butter and nutmeg :rofl:

Pumpkin is my fav veg! :o I am having left over cauli cheese from last night. YUM