Pup Not Interested In Kong

=SaNdY^BaBii=

Hi All!

I have picked up my lovely little girl Momo last saturday and so far it's been a lot easier than I expected.

she sleeps either in crate or play pen at night and has not really made any sound at all!

Have not done any soiling in the house either! Always waited until she was let out into the garden.

so it's much better than anythin I expected!

she is starting to mouth a bit but not intersted in the Kong at all.

I have tried treats in it and also peanut butter. But she wasn't interested in the peanut butter at all.

The Kong smells very strong of plastic, I was thinking maybe I need to wash it until the smell goes away?!? :D

post-29610-1243990996_thumb.jpg

None of my tibbies has ever been attracted to kongs either. No matter what I've done.

I've sometimes wondered if the strong rubbery smell has put them off, too.

Your pup is beautiful.

if you put her food in the kong and feed her out of it she will get interested :laugh:

what breed is she?

Hi all, thanks for the replies!

her food pieces are very tiny and if i put them in the kong they will all fall out within seconds!

But I guess that's ok too since she has to eat them anyway yeh??

she is a pom x bichon, she is 12 weeks old now!

I was thinking of freezing stuff for her too, but wasn't sure if frozen stuff is good for them?

she had the runs yesterday already so I don't want to upset her tummy. but that be from the raw chicken neck I gave her :D

could anyone suggest things I could freeze other than kongs?!?

Did you get her a tiny puppy kong?

They smell nice :)

I got her the red little one, put treats in it and she ate the treats then abandoned the kong! :thumbsup:

then tried the peanut butter inside and she didn't even lick the peanut butter!

She is happy to be left with a biscuit bone but that only lasts one minute for her.

There seems to be some pups that love kong and some that are just not inerested??

I got her the red little one, put treats in it and she ate the treats then abandoned the kong! :thumbsup:

I think thats the point? :) Put larger pieces in there so they're harder to get out.

Some dogs just don't like peanut butter as well.. it may be what you're putting in the kong rather than the kong itself?

I think thats the point? :) Put larger pieces in there so they're harder to get out.

Some dogs just don't like peanut butter as well.. it may be what you're putting in the kong rather than the kong itself?

That might be right! I will try and put other things in the Kong and see how it goes!!

:rofl:

post-29610-1244003468_thumb.jpg