Dog Measuring For Agility

OK now that I have my paperwork from DogsNSW I can enter agility with them!

Do I have to get Kaos measured before the first trial I enter or can I get him measured on the day? He is definitely a 600 jumping dog.

He is supposed to have a height card before he performs. However, this is not always the case. Generally, it is a bit chaotic trying to get someone to measure a dog when they are putting up runs, etc. Can you go to an agility trial/club before the one you have entered. That way you may be able to organise the measuring when the judges are not so busy.

I know most people just enter and make a note to the trial secretary that they need to be measured, Raffy didn't end up being measured until his 3rd ANKC trial because the judges were always busy or the club doesn't have any official cards etc, try to turn up early and tell them he needs measuring because they wont always remember the note you send. If you train at a club with judges you might be able to get him measured at training officially? not sure but I think I remember them telling me that is what I should have done (no ANKC judges at my club tho) or sometimes they will measure during lunch apparently too. (not sure if the judges like this option.)

When entering ANKC trials, when it asks for agility class, , what do I put? I am entering Novice Jumping, is that what I put?

Enter "JD" or if there is room you can put novice jumping. There are NSW agility forms you can fill in on your computer and print which is much easier than handwriting single forms, especially once you get to enter more events. PM me your email adress and I can email you the file if you need it.

I'm going to try to make it to the trial on the 4th to get him measured before his trial on the 11th. Trial secretary for the one I entered said they are only measuring dogs after trials now.

Measuring after trials seems strange, since the judges are all signing cards then doing presentations and are usually eager to go home. I will have to keep my eyes open for dog measuring myself, Anna will be old enough by our next trial and need doing too. Have you emailed Manly's trial secretary to let them know you might come for measuring? it might just be one club that is doing after trial measuring?

In ADAA they have to be measured if they are running less than maximum height - doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to measure them if they are running max height.

We turned up at our first ANKC trial and they looked at the dogs and said - they are fine. If you want to run in 400 we might measure them, but they are 500 dogs!! I nearly fell over!.