How Much Is Too Much? Should I Be Worried?

My dog just managed to help himself to a 6pack of iced donuts a few mins ago. I was in the shower and they apparently smelt too good for him to resist! He's a beagle cross, but about labrador sized.

He scoffed the lot. All icing and sprinkles covered, 2 with jam in them.

He's basically just eaten more sugar than even i'd personally eat in a sitting! Should I be worried???

My dog just managed to help himself to a 6pack of iced donuts a few mins ago. I was in the shower and they apparently smelt too good for him to resist! He's a beagle cross, but about labrador sized.

He scoffed the lot. All icing and sprinkles covered, 2 with jam in them.

He's basically just eaten more sugar than even i'd personally eat in a sitting! Should I be worried???

Call your vet asap. I personally think his glucose is going to sky rocket.

Just spoke to the vet. She wasnt overly concerned. Fortunately none of the donuts were chocolate iced!

She said he may get a bit hyper soon, and to watch for any vomiting and a bit of diarrhea in the next day or 2. Besides that just feed him boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days to get his digestion back in order.

I agree with the vet - watch him for symptoms like vomiting, shakiness etc but I'm sure he will be ok.

Make sure he has lots of fresh water available. I would personally fast him for a day.

My beagle once at five large lamingtons and was perfectly fine, she has a gut of steel! She's also gorged herself on more than 1kg of cat food in one sitting, on both occasions I fasted her for 24 hours and she was as good as gold (just watch for lethal gas!)

Edited by huski