Puppy Throwing Up

Ellie1

My puppy of 10 weeks ( tomorrow) has just thrown up 3x in half an hour, all that came up is food. SHould I take him to the vet? He was running around but has now laid down and gone to sleep, he was trying to eat it each time he threw up but i stopped him.

I'd go to the vet, better safe than sorry. Young pups can become dehydrated quickly :eek:

What has he eaten? Has he eaten anything he normally wouldn't? Has his diet been recently changed?

No he has not eaten anything different. He finds stuff to eat in the garden, snail shells leaves etc, he is a lab and will eat anything he finds...

If it was just his normal food that he threw up (and not something because it shouldn't have been eaten in the first place), it is actually an 'ok' sign that he wanted to eat it again and I have been told by one of the Vets that I've had cause to visit that it is ok to let them.

Was he running around straight after having eaten? That could have done it.

If it was just his normal food that he threw up (and not something because it shouldn't have been eaten in the first place), it is actually an 'ok' sign that he wanted to eat it again and I have been told by one of the Vets that I've had cause to visit that it is ok to let them.

Was he running around straight after having eaten? That could have done it.

Hi all,

Mason is fine as of last night, he ate lunch at 12 and vomited at 4 so I dont think it was the running around, he ate dinner and was fine, hasnt thrown up since!