Wangaratta K&odc August Trial

WANGARATTA KENNEL & OBEDIENCE DOG CLUB INC

Double Obedience, Agility & Jumping Trial 8th & 9th August 2009

Precincts of the Trial are the “Dan Smith Dog Arena”

Wangaratta Showground’s, Wangaratta

Entry Fee $10.00. One cheque acceptable for both days.

Separate entry forms required for each dog and per class. All classes in full please (not just Novice or Open). Standard size entry forms only please

Entries to: Maree McCabe, 27 Esperanto St, Benalla, VIC, 3672. Ph: 03)57623568 or 0407340375

Entries Close 11th July 2009

Saturday 8th August 2009 Open Obedience Trial

AM Trial Judging starts 9am – (Check in 8am- 8.20am)

U.D.X & UD Mrs. L McKay

Open Mr R Carlson

Novice & CCD Mr D Hutson

PM Trial Judging starts 1 Hour after the Completion of AM Trial (Check in for PM Trial (10.30am-11.00am)

U.D.X & UD Mr D Hutson

Open Mrs. L McKay

CCD & Novice Mr R Carlson

Sunday 9th August 2009 Agility & Jumping Trial

AM Trial Judging starts 8am Check in (7am-7.40am)

Agility:

Masters, Open, Excellent, Novice Mr Bill Almond (NSW)

(Followed by)

Jumping:

Masters, Open, Excellent, Novice Mrs. L McKay

PM Trial Judging not before 12noon (Check in 11am-11.20am)

Agility:

Masters, Open, Excellent, Novice Mrs. L McKay

(Followed by)

Jumping:

Masters, Open, Excellent, Novice Mr Bill Almond

CANTEEN available - Hot Breakfast available Sunday morning between approx 7 am &-8.30am.

-Club reserves the right to reallocate judges pending entry numbers

-Awards to passing scores and clear rounds: 1stst Place: Trophy & Sash, 2nd Place: Sash, 3rd Place: Sash

-NON QUALIFYING SCORES – Sash only

SPECIAL AWARDS

- Highest scoring local member over 2 Trials - Obedience – Trophy & Sash

- High in Trial Obedience (CCD not eligible) – Trophy & Sash

- Aggregate Obedience (CCD not eligible) over 2 Trials (from 1 class) – Trophy & Sash

- Sponsors: TODD’S TASTY TREATS & MILLERS COTTAGE MOTEL

I belong to Dogs NSW, can I still enter my newfy in CCD and where would I get the entry forms from. I have enterd in Albury 18/19th July and I do have NSW forms, which used. Are they the same forms?

I belong to Dogs NSW, can I still enter my newfy in CCD and where would I get the entry forms from. I have enterd in Albury 18/19th July and I do have NSW forms, which used. Are they the same forms?

Hi Newfie,

Yes you can enter your Newfie in CCD at Wangaratta's trial ( or any other trial around Australia). And you should be able to use your entry forms that you have. Just remember to put on the entry what class you would like to enter, and any other info that is required. Pop it in a self addressed envelope for a reciept and put it in the post.

It is a lovely trial and when I have gone up there in the past have really enjoyed the breaky that they put on for the competitors ( I hope that they still do)

Have you got any passes with your Newfie yet?

Cheers

Hi Newfie,

Yes you can enter your Newfie in CCD at Wangaratta's trial ( or any other trial around Australia). And you should be able to use your entry forms that you have. Just remember to put on the entry what class you would like to enter, and any other info that is required. Pop it in a self addressed envelope for a reciept and put it in the post.

It is a lovely trial and when I have gone up there in the past have really enjoyed the breaky that they put on for the competitors ( I hope that they still do)

Cheers

No, no passes yet........Annabelle is a re-home/rescue and we have been working hard for the past year to get over a lot of problems. She is the kennel clubs Social butterfly now, but she was very aggressive

So we are starting on the 18th and taking it from there. we are both newbies :o

Cheers

No, no passes yet........Annabelle is a re-home/rescue and we have been working hard for the past year to get over a lot of problems. She is the kennel clubs Social butterfly now, but she was very aggressive

So we are starting on the 18th and taking it from there. we are both newbies :cry:

Newfsie

I wish you all the best in gaining your passes with Annabelle. And good for you on rescuing her and getting her to where she is today.

I am hoping ot find someone to share the accomodation costs with me so that I can come up this year to trial.

Hey SW do you know what motels in Wang is allowing dogs on their grounds (and of course not in the rooms)?

Cheers

Hey SW do you know what motels in Wang is allowing dogs on their grounds (and of course not in the rooms)?

Cheers

I'm not SW, but when the agility used to be held on 2 afternoons we used to stay at Wangaratta North Family Motel just out of town.

They used to have a website, not sure if it is still current but you could google.

They also used to let the dogs stay IN the rooms with you (which was why we loved it) but as it was on the market, there may be a change of management so this may not still be the case. Worth a try though.

Hi Newfie,

Cheers

So we are starting on the 18th and taking it from there. we are both newbies :laugh:

Hi Newfsie welcome to DOL. Its nice to see you took my suggestion and joined our forums. IF it doesnt stop raining soon the social butterfly and her little black friend may never get to their first trial in Albury. I cant even get to training.

I have plenty of entry forms for us and we can travel to Wangarratta together if the 'boys' are busy.

Cheers

I'm not SW, but when the agility used to be held on 2 afternoons we used to stay at Wangaratta North Family Motel just out of town.

They used to have a website, not sure if it is still current but you could google.

They also used to let the dogs stay IN the rooms with you (which was why we loved it) but as it was on the market, there may be a change of management so this may not still be the case. Worth a try though.

Thank you.. I had stayed at the Millers Cottage and loved it, but they are booked out for this weekemd, according to their website. I am still trying to concvince someone to come up to share the accomodation costs with me. but...............

Thank you too SW for your suggestions.

Hi Newfie,

Cheers

So we are starting on the 18th and taking it from there. we are both newbies :rofl:

Hi Newfsie welcome to DOL. Its nice to see you took my suggestion and joined our forums. IF it doesnt stop raining soon the social butterfly and her little black friend may never get to their first trial in Albury. I cant even get to training.

I have plenty of entry forms for us and we can travel to Wangarratta together if the 'boys' are busy.

I have entry forms and hope to have it all sorted............Hope we do OK at Albury :):laugh: :cool:

I have entry forms and hope to have it all sorted............Hope we do OK at Albury :rolleyes: :laugh::rofl:

Good luck at Albury and hope to get to meet you at Wangaratta :rofl:

It will be nice to meet some people and thank you

I will be the one with the slow newfy :love:.........I don't think there will be to many newfs. I will also have another black dog with me. Tessa looks like a Flatcoated retriever, but is a Border Collie cross Golden retriever. That is if she get her Dogs NSW associate number through in time.....Did not know she needed that

Edited by newfsie

Hi Newfsie, entries for Wangaratta posted. Just have to get past Albury next weekend first :laugh:

I have just received my receipt.......Think positive ( I keep telling myself) and otherwise just have fun :thumbsup:

You think tomorrow will be on if it is raining.....We will see you at Nine. If it isn't on, we will just go and wash&blow the dogs at K9catfish

Edited by newfsie

Hi Newfsie, entries for Wangaratta posted. Just have to get past Albury next weekend first :laugh:

I have just received my receipt.......Think positive ( I keep telling myself) and otherwise just have fun :rolleyes:

You think tomorrow will be on if it is raining.....We will see you at Nine. If it isn't on, we will just go and wash&blow the dogs at K9catfish

Well I think today wasnt too bad for both our girls and we can only hope next weekend is as successful. :eek:

I have just received my receipt.......Think positive ( I keep telling myself) and otherwise just have fun :)

Well I think today wasnt too bad for both our girls and we can only hope next weekend is as successful. :laugh:

I was very proud of Annabelle, she did a great trial............I was even more impressed with their recall from those two noisy ones. At least ours came straight out when called back to the jeep :rofl:

Hi Newfsie, entries for Wangaratta posted. Just have to get past Albury next weekend first :rofl:

I have just received my receipt.......Think positive ( I keep telling myself) and otherwise just have fun :)

Well I think today wasnt too bad for both our girls and we can only hope next weekend is as successful. :laugh:

I was very proud of Annabelle, she did a great trial............I was even more impressed with their recall from those two noisy ones. At least ours came straight out when called back to the jeep :)

Yes and at least our dogs were under control at all times and didnt need 4 or 5 people to catch them and get leads on them. :laugh: And also that when our dogs heel on lead they look like they are heeling, not jumping around and going schizzo - even if they got more points in the heeling exercise :(

I was very happy with Tina and was proud of her efforts also. I think we will both be ok on the weekend and just hope for the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to wish everyone good luck for Wangaratt'a Obedience Trial tomorrow (and Agility on Sunday).

Unfortunatally I can't make it this year due to circumstances beyond my control.

Please make sure that you post your brags/stories of how you went. especially you S/W Ok.

Cheers