Advice For A Friends Dog -

Everyone listens to both of us in this house. Although when certain family members come over, they can't help but try to yell commands at the dogs- which they promptly ignore until we quietly ask them to get on their bed etc. Their refusal to comply with over the top commands says more than we ever could. :shrug:

:laugh: My mum and sister are fairly inconsistent. For example - they know my release word for the dogs when they are waiting for their dinner is 'ok' but for some reason it's really hard for them to remember and half the time they both stand there saying "Go" to which Daisy normally sits there and looks confused :( mum will just keep gesturing and saying 'Go! GO!' until Daisy finally realises she's releasing her (annoying for me!).

So last night mum went to give Daisy dinner scraps from her plate and dropped a piece of steak fat into her bowl, without telling Daisy to stay or anything obviously assuming that Daisy would just eat it. As mum chucked the steak into her bowl, Daisy automatically fell into place at mum's heel and mum walked away thinking that Daisy was eating, and she stayed sitting looking up at mum who didn't even realise what Daisy was doing :rofl: Mum was half way to the kitchen when I asked her if she was going to give Daisy the ok to eat :o

Edited by huski

well they will listen to OH then he does sneakies like 'awww come on then' and lets then get away with it :) well serves him right that he doesnt have perfect control then when you behave like that!

he's such a cat person :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

Had a chat with my mate last night and she has seen the light!

She is going to start putting some cash aside each week and look at doing some one on one training.

Im so glad!

Thanks for your posts. I think her reading replies from people other than me (that has been a broken record) has helped.

Ta!