New Tripod

I have a new Man... :)

I had the money in my account from the tax man and a burning desire for a tripod. I decided not to muck around and went with the best. I have to say that it is a very nice piece of tripod and I am definitely in love.

I wanted to sleep with in my bed last night but compromised with leaving it set up beside my bed. ;)

ahhh I love photography equipment. :rofl:

Edited by Pointeeblab

I have a new Man... :)

I had the money in my account from the tax man and a burning desire for a tripod. I decided not to muck around and went with the best. I have to say that it is a very nice piece of tripod and I am definitely in love.

I wanted to sleep with in my bed last night but compromised with leaving it set up beside my bed. ;)

ahhh I love photography equipment. :rofl:

what a coincidence, I think I was pondering a tripod at the very moment you wrote this. I dont know anything about them, there seems to be a few different types even within the same brand. please tell me a bit about them, what you bought and why.

A Manfrotto? I have one too with a ball head but it wasn't an expensive one and it's not really designed for DSLRs, however it takes one easily enough. It can support 3.5 kilos it says. I have used a 30D and sigma lenses on it no probs, but have never attempted a telephoto on it yet (have a tripod collar though)

I can't get used to monopods, don't like them. They make a better trekking pole. :)

ETA: My tripod only weighs 1.34 kilos so perfect for carting around on a walk and it folds up to fit in a tripod compartment on my backpack.

Edited by Ripley