Are There Multivitamins Available For Dogs?

I ask this because I usually have some sort of issue with bitches not eating when they are in whelp plus other things sometimes occur.

I know some people give various things to help their bitches at this time but I was wondering if someone has an all encompasing routine that they have found is very successful.

I sometimes give Raspberry leaves, I have heard of giving folic acid and now Frozen Puppies have their 'Boost Ya Girlz Up' - all of course given for different things encountered before and during pregnancy but has anyone developed a multi facited routine which gives maximum benefit before and during this time.

Edited by STITCH

Every bitch I have ever had that I offered Nutrigel to, has always refused it.

Maybe just my lot but there it is.

I will have a look on that link you provided Pip but what I am wanting is some first hand experience with using these 'herbal remedies' that are offered for sale.

Unfortunately with these kind of things, herbalists can say they do lots of things but when you use the product it does nothing.

I have fallen for that before. :) It would be nice to get some feedback from those who have used it.

Every bitch I have ever had that I offered Nutrigel to, has always refused it.

Maybe just my lot but there it is.

I will have a look on that link you provided Pip but what I am wanting is some first hand experience with using these 'herbal remedies' that are offered for sale.

Unfortunately with these kind of things, herbalists can say they do lots of things but when you use the product it does nothing.

I have fallen for that before. :thumbsup: It would be nice to get some feedback from those who have used it.

No problems - I would probably be the same. Just thought it might be a starting point of "what's out there".

The VAN meditreats sound interesting - they may be something for a bitch in whelp that isn't eating well.

I have often thought that there is a need for a treat that also provides good nutrition.

The VAN meditreats sound interesting - they may be something for a bitch in whelp that isn't eating well.

I have often thought that there is a need for a treat that also provides good nutrition.

If I were you, my inclination would be to get my bitch's typical diet looked over by a canine nutritionist, then supplement any specific nutrients that were deficient, rather than just add a complete multivitamin. If nothing's deficient, a multivitamin will be a waste of money, and in the worst case scenario could even be harmful if you end up oversupplementing the wrong thing. Whereas if you know what your diet lacks, you can add that it with a cheaper human vitamin pill or even a natural ingredient.

Can't give any recommendations about herbal remedies sorry, don't know much about them.

I always offer my dogs a balanced diet, I feed Dr.B's BARF plus extras however, when bitches are in whelp, and some are worse than others, they become very picky - some to the point that it is an ongoing battle during pregnancy to get any food into them.

I would really like to avoid this situation if at all possible but if, like last time, one of mine doesn't eat properly for most of the 9 weeks then I really think that a multivitamin supplement is in order.

I always offer my dogs a balanced diet, I feed Dr.B's BARF plus extras however, when bitches are in whelp, and some are worse than others, they become very picky - some to the point that it is an ongoing battle during pregnancy to get any food into them.

I would really like to avoid this situation if at all possible but if, like last time, one of mine doesn't eat properly for most of the 9 weeks then I really think that a multivitamin supplement is in order.

There is a range called Vetalogica that do a multi vitamin for canines and felines but very little information on the quantity and quality is provided on the label, purley the ingredients list. I therefore give all of my dogs a multi vitamin/mineral that I know to be guaranteed potency of what is stated to be in the bottle is in the bottle with quality checks all through the manufacturing process. The Doctor who started the company knows cellular nutrition - in other words exactly what a living cell requires to stay healthy in a petra dish. I completely trust my own health and that of my dogs to this brand in the fight against degenerative diseases such as cancer, arthritis, heart disease. If you are interested just click the link below in my signature bar and then click on Usana Pets.

Thanks for those replies.

I looked up the Nutridrops and they seem like they would be good for puppies - do you use them for bitches pre whelping or for appetite stimulation Becks?

They are also very expensive, which is OK as long as they are appropriate - how much do you have to use normally?