• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen Kalaska's Samoyeds and they are all stunning!!!! :grouphug:
Hi All,

I think Kalaska are the best Sammie breeder's in Victoria.

XXToughgirlXX

I agree, Kalaska have bred some beautiful dogs... Aussie is absoloutely stunning!

What makes you say they are the best? :cry:

I can see why toughgirl27 is coming from.

Kalaska are currently on a roll with their dogs and have won a lot in the last couple of years, and if anyone has the claim to be the top of the pops it is them.

They currently have a couple of very nice dogs out at them moment, and are doing well. But a little question I do ask anyone before making judgements, is how many puppies has any breeder knocked out to get those couple of nice dogs!

So heres a question for all, including the new sammy people, an outside observation would be great.

here it is:

"What makes a top breeder of Samoyeds, or any breed in fact"

Is it the number of champions

or may be the number of champions compared to the amount of puppies knocked out?

or exports

or imports

or other titles like obedience or hearding?

the manerisism and professionalism?

etc etc etc

Which was exactly my point.

I don't think these facts were considered in Toughgirls claim to the 'best' Samoyed breeder, it was stated because she's buying a puppy from them so to her, of course they're number one! (they're going to be providing her with a bundle of fluff!)

Don't get me wrong, I am good friends with Denise and spend most of my weekends under, or near, the Kalaska gazebo and I think they have a beautiful lot of Samoyeds to their name in the past, present, and coming up in the future. I just think it needs to be understood that there are many good, ethical Samoyed breeders and wouldn't want someone reading this to think that there is only one option for their family pet :cry: Samoyeds aren't a breed that is over bred by poor breeders - like 'popular' breeds such a Staffords etc. We're quite lucky in that way.

Bindii you are absolutly right. After reading your replies on the issue I realize that I don't have enough experience or knowledge of the breed to generalize like that. And there are many factors to be considered, not just looks. I seriously didn't mean to offend and if I have I'm sorry. Also I have never seen a Kalaska sam that I didn't like the looks or temperament of. So I will just say that they are ONE of the great samoyed breeder's in Victoria.

XXToughgirlXX

I've seen Kalaska's Samoyeds and they are all stunning!!!! :grouphug:
Hi All,

I think Kalaska are the best Sammie breeder's in Victoria.

XXToughgirlXX

I agree, Kalaska have bred some beautiful dogs... Aussie is absoloutely stunning!

What makes you say they are the best? :cry:

I can see why toughgirl27 is coming from.

Kalaska are currently on a roll with their dogs and have won a lot in the last couple of years, and if anyone has the claim to be the top of the pops it is them.

They currently have a couple of very nice dogs out at them moment, and are doing well. But a little question I do ask anyone before making judgements, is how many puppies has any breeder knocked out to get those couple of nice dogs!

So heres a question for all, including the new sammy people, an outside observation would be great.

here it is:

"What makes a top breeder of Samoyeds, or any breed in fact"

Is it the number of champions

or may be the number of champions compared to the amount of puppies knocked out?

or exports

or imports

or other titles like obedience or hearding?

the manerisism and professionalism?

etc etc etc

Which was exactly my point.

I don't think these facts were considered in Toughgirls claim to the 'best' Samoyed breeder, it was stated because she's buying a puppy from them so to her, of course they're number one! (they're going to be providing her with a bundle of fluff!)

Don't get me wrong, I am good friends with Denise and spend most of my weekends under, or near, the Kalaska gazebo and I think they have a beautiful lot of Samoyeds to their name in the past, present, and coming up in the future. I just think it needs to be understood that there are many good, ethical Samoyed breeders and wouldn't want someone reading this to think that there is only one option for their family pet :cry: Samoyeds aren't a breed that is over bred by poor breeders - like 'popular' breeds such a Staffords etc. We're quite lucky in that way.

Bindii you are absolutly right. After reading your replies on the issue I realize that I don't have enough experience or knowledge of the breed to generalize like that. And there are many factors to be considered, not just looks. I seriously didn't mean to offend and if I have I'm sorry. Also I have never seen a Kalaska sam that I didn't like the looks or temperament of. So I will just say that they are ONE of the great samoyed breeder's in Victoria.

XXToughgirlXX

Also you guy's need to understand. I have a 3yo Samoyed that has HD, over extended hock joints, and recently shoulder problems that are only slightly improving after 2 weeks of pain meds and cartrophen injection. If it doesn't show major signs of improvement in the next week, my boy may have OCD which, I think, is usually hereditary. But I love my boy other than his health probs he has a wonderful temperament and he is beautiful! So I am a bit peeved that maybe the breeder knew about some of these things and didn't tell me what I was in for. I mean you guy's know more than I do, could she have known or at least suspected these problems due to his parents?

XXToughgirlXX

Also you guy's need to understand. I have a 3yo Samoyed that has HD, over extended hock joints, and recently shoulder problems that are only slightly improving after 2 weeks of pain meds and cartrophen injection. If it doesn't show major signs of improvement in the next week, my boy may have OCD which, I think, is usually hereditary. But I love my boy other than his health probs he has a wonderful temperament and he is beautiful! So I am a bit peeved that maybe the breeder knew about some of these things and didn't tell me what I was in for. I mean you guy's know more than I do, could she have known or at least suspected these problems due to his parents?

XXToughgirlXX

Hi,

Having first hand experience with this, I will tell you a little story......

Sammie’s with HD.

In 1985 my parents purchased a Samoyed from a very recognised breeder (not breeding anymore). Her name was 'Lady'.

At 6 months of age, her first show as a Minor puppy she won Best Exhibit In Group. A week later she could not walk.

She had HD. She was scored at 104 out of 106. She had No Hips.

The WORST possible.

We were told to put her down. My parents gave her every chance.

The breeder said it was OUR FAULT! The breeders even wanted to still breed with her.

Lady was put on high doses of Dolomite tablets, Vit C, was given acupuncture, and did a lot of swimming. She built up muscle around where the hips should have been, and she lived to just over 10 years of age. 9 1/2 years longer than she should have been.

These are things you should try. I recommend it.

During her life, nobody could ever believe she had HD, let alone an extremely severe case.

Lady went on to obtain her Aust Ch title, her CD obedience title, won first in the Open Bitch class at the 1988 Australian Bicentennial Show in Canberra, and came (Scored) in 3rd place from over 130 dogs in the Bicentennials Novice obedience Trial. Won Obedience Point Scores etc. She even went to jumping in CDX.

She was x-rayed again and still came back with the result of 104.

Her muscle held her legs into place.

For anyone that has a hip dysplastic dog, don't give up... above is an example why....she and we treasured her 9 1/2 extra years.

Now HD, I believe, as with many breeders, the hereditary part does have a major influence. That is why we x-ray......even though some breeders do x-ray, get bad scores, will still breed with those dogs.......oh my, did I say that, how naughty of me!

Their is evidence and belief that HD is not just hereditary. It is also environmental.

What do I mean by environmental...

From what the breeder feed the litter from weaning to they go to their new homes, to what the new owners feed.

The food in which the puppy has been on i.e. dry food, meat etc, puppy milk, basically not the correct diet, too much (extra) exercise, i.e. long walks, walking and running up of stairs (sorry if I come back to this point), excessive and rough play with older dogs that jump on top of the puppy, as well as the puppy/dog being severely over weight.

These are just a couple of things.

As a breeder, I inform and stress the impacts that the above can have on all of a puppies joints (not just hips), from feed to play, and try to put, and teach any of my puppy owners to take it slow with exercising and to feed the correct diet. From this, your puppy will be off to a good and healthy start to life, right through to after retirement.

Having a HD dog in the past, has opened my eyes up about this subject.

Wow! How lovely that she lived all that time, without suffering.. good on your parents! I thought back then Hip Scores were done differently and could only get a score of 1,2,3, or 4 (4 being 'completely stuffed') And when i told one of the vets at work that Fletcher's hip score came back and i was happy as it was R4, L4, he stared blankly at me for a minute before remembering that it was different to when he studied vet school! He completed his studies in 1983. REGARDLESS, she obviously had terrible hips... generally severe hereditary hip or elbow displaysia is obvious before 12 months of age. And you all did a wonderful job to make sure she didn't suffer.

ToughGirl - I think it is unfair to blame or hold Simba's OCD against your breeder. You have to remember that most dogs and bitches are bred before the age of 5 (and often even before the age of 3) so a disease that presents itself later in life can be hard to breed against so hip and elbow scores are done to try to prevent passing on nasty genes .... if they didn't do this, then of course they haven't done everything they can. It is always important to ask a breeder what the scores the dam and sire has and even the grand sire and dam. You can always trust that they are doing the right thing, but it's definitely nice to know for sure, especially from what you're already dealing with. As Icemist said, there are 'well known breeders' that will continue to breed with a dog or bitch regardless of the high hip score because they love the 'type' of Samoyed. So it is up to *you* to make sure you're getting something from good hips and elbows. Having said that, getting a pup from a dog and bitch with perfect 0 scores doesn't mean it wont come down through the lines and your bitch might end up with bad hips or elbows anyway, just by bad luck.

BUT... the reason i don't think you can be *really, really* grumpy with them is, as i said to you in a PM, OCD is not a common problem in Samoyeds. I'm not even sure that all breeders do check elbows for that very reason. When i informed Fletcher's breeders of his 0,0 elbows they said "i would expect nothing else" as it just isn't something seen commonly in our breed. Have you contacted Simba's breeders? I'm sure if they are caring, ethical breeders they would be interested to know that this has occurred, and it may prompt them to check others within their breeding program, related to Simba, if they haven't already. Please don't approach them accusingly, as if they have been breeding for years then they have far more experience then me and probably have good reasons that they weren't aware of the problems in Simba's lines.

All of this doesn't make it any easier for you though because, while it's not common in Samoyeds, it is happening to your young man... give him a kiss and a hug for me! Do the vets feel that the shoulder problem is related to his OCD? As in, it has weakened his shoulder, compensating for his elbows? I definitely agree that hydrotherapy work will really assist him in keeping healthy and happy for life. Highly recommend http://www.aquapaws.com.au/ ! Jo is just lovely, knows what she's doing, and really works hard to help our pooches out! One of Fletcher's hocks was angling in, she felt due to a small injury which had left him to use his foot in that way, in 3 weeks of 30 min/week sessions, plus some exercise at home, he was completely back to normal. He also built up some beautiful healthy muscles all over his body!! She deals with everything from general conditioning, to situations like Simba's, to recovery from spinal surgery. I'm not sure where abouts in Vic you are, but just thought i'd mention it :thumbsup:

ETA:

I completely agree with you :thumbsup:

Edited by Bindii

The others have pretty much covered everything I was thinking in regards to Simba and hip scores (did remind me to book Mistral in to have his done though....) and living with a Lab who has severe hip dysplasia I know how it feels.

Swimming is the best, I can't reccomend this enough and offcause keeping the dog very lean to keep stress off the hips is important. Along with a good diet and regular low impact exercise.

Lestat my Lab couldn't even walk when he hit 6 months, we were really worried that we would have to get him put down but thanks to a wonderful vet and a lot of rehab work my boy has just hit his 5th birthday and you wouldn't know he even really had a problem now (well, unless you know what your looking for :thumbsup: ). He is still very stiff in the mornings but manages to run around like mad with the other dogs just fine.

Goodluck to you and your boy :thumbsup:

Wow! How lovely that she lived all that time, without suffering.. good on your parents! I thought back then Hip Scores were done differently and could only get a score of 1,2,3, or 4 (4 being 'completely stuffed') And when i told one of the vets at work that Fletcher's hip score came back and i was happy as it was R4, L4, he stared blankly at me for a minute before remembering that it was different to when he studied vet school! He completed his studies in 1983. REGARDLESS, she obviously had terrible hips... generally severe hereditary hip or elbow displaysia is obvious before 12 months of age. And you all did a wonderful job to make sure she didn't suffer.

I am unsure when the scores changed in Australia, maybe in 1985, unsure, but Lady was scored in the first week of Feb 1986, and they were scoring out of 53 per side, total 106, type of score.

it would be interesting to see when this was actually brought in, looks like sometime between 1983 and at the end of 1985.

I seriously cannot believe the scores like that actually exist... the poor, poor girl :thumbsup: (and on the other hand, so lucky!)

Wolfsong, I had no idea you had been through the same thing with Lestat... good on you. These stories of doggies going to the right homes, just by accident, is so lovely.

I seriously cannot believe the scores like that actually exist... the poor, poor girl :o (and on the other hand, so lucky!)

Wolfsong, I had no idea you had been through the same thing with Lestat... good on you. These stories of doggies going to the right homes, just by accident, is so lovely.

I think her hip score alone shot the breed average through the roof.... (just kidding)

But youve got to wonder how many other Sammies have scored really high

There are good breeders of Samoyeds in SA, and maybe I am a bit sensitive to the statement at the moment but to say you will get better in Vic is just a tad unfair. The breeder I got my girl from has been breeding for years and was more than helpful and had beautifully bred dogs, she is a wonderful person and has been nothing but helpful in the 10 years of my girls life.

Yes I am sensitive at the moment as I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my girl down on Friday :thumbsup:, but geez don't write off SA breeders just on 1 or 2 peoples say so who are not even in the state.

There are good breeders of Samoyeds in SA, and maybe I am a bit sensitive to the statement at the moment but to say you will get better in Vic is just a tad unfair. The breeder I got my girl from has been breeding for years and was more than helpful and had beautifully bred dogs, she is a wonderful person and has been nothing but helpful in the 10 years of my girls life.

Yes I am sensitive at the moment as I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my girl down on Friday :cry:, but geez don't write off SA breeders just on 1 or 2 peoples say so who are not even in the state.

So sorry to hear of your loss :) It is such a hard decision to make, but lovely that you can help her when she must have needed to be free. She has her wings now. RIP Beautiful Tara.

I don't think anyone wrote them off, i thought we all said that we didn't have any experience or knowledge of SA breeders? I think Icemist may have said something like that and he's not even in Victoria :thumbsup:

Please pass the details of this breeder onto Bonnie Parker as i'm sure she would prefer to be able to go and meet the breeders personally, so it's great that you, a local, have seen this thread :)

Edited by Bindii

Malo, I am sincerely sorry to hear of your loss it is never easy to say goodbye but cherish the memories you shared. Samoyeds are always a hugh part of ones life, and when they leave it is heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you. :thumbsup::cry::)

I have only recently joined the forum so I missed the conversions regarding breeders.

In regards to South Australia, I have the pleasure of knowing a couple of the SA breeders as I have grown up in the breed, and they are lovely people who love their dogs. Actually SA is a great place to get a Samoyed as activities are not soley based around dog showing. The SA members are also involved weight pull, sledding and herding! :)

I have only recently joined the forum so I missed the conversions regarding breeders.

In regards to South Australia, I have the pleasure of knowing a couple of the SA breeders as I have grown up in the breed, and they are lovely people who love their dogs. Actually SA is a great place to get a Samoyed as activities are not soley based around dog showing. The SA members are also involved weight pull, sledding and herding! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums Kelza, great to have more advice on SA breeders!

In one of my posts in this thread i mentioned their website which is very interactive and up to date, but in that same post i think i wrote a million other things.. so just in case you missed it, Bonnie Parker, here it is :cry:http://www.samoyedclubofsa.com/

Phew :) I have so many to reply to! lol

First Icemist It is so wonderful to hear that even though your "Lady"

had the worst hips possible, through acupuncture, swimming and dolomite & Vit C tabs,

she was able to build muscle and live for 10 years! :thumbsup:

It gives me new hope as I always thought HD or any joint problems were an early death sentence.

I am definately going to take Simba swimming at Dogs in Motion as people on here, my vet, and coworkers,

(I work at a dog boarding and training kennel) have recommended I take him there. Will also try your other suggestions,too.

I only wish I had met all of you guy's on here sooner as when my boy was having these probs in the past I had major

depression because of it. Thanks so much Icemist :cry:

Second Bindii,

When I got Simba I was so eager to get a Samoyed, I was in a rush and I knew I should ask all these questions but didn't

and I guess it is partly my fault. When Simba first started showing signs of lameness and pain in his right back leg I took him to the vet. Basically the vet did X-rays and I found out he had mild HD and over extended hock joints! At the time this seemed like the worst thing in the world to me. I'd never owned a dog b4 and Simba was and still is the love of my life :)

So I contacted the breeder and after seeing the x-rays, she blamed me for letting him play with other dogs, jumping around too much etc. I knew from her notes she game me not to do these things so I was careful not to for at least the first 6mths -12mths.

I suppose I just thought that she should have just at least mentioned HD or any other possible probs a Samoyed may

have during their life. When she didn't I didn't question it, I just naively assumed it was all good. After this I didn't speak to the breeder again. I haven't actually had Simba's hips scored. I'd like to but can't afford it. Cheers for mentioning "Aquapaws", but I will try Dogs in Motion first. I'm just so happy that there are these things available for dog's with these problems! :)

Thank YOu all so much for this info :eek: Simba and I really appreciate it :)

XXToughgirlXX

Yes I am sensitive at the moment as I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my girl down on Friday :banghead:, but geez don't write off SA breeders just on 1 or 2 peoples say so who are not even in the state.

Melo,

I didn't mean to offend. I just don't know anything about SA breeders. I've never even been anywhere out of Victoria!

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby girl :laugh: many hugs to you.

XXToughgirlXX

Hi again Bindii,

Just re-read your post. The vet has put Simba on macrolone and if he doesn't improve by the end

of the week, he wants to do an arthroscopy and or X-rays to see if it might be OCD.

I really hope it isan't as an arthroscopy is expensive and so is an operation :banghead:

So i will let all of you guy's know more at the end of the week.

XXToughgirlXX

Oh i see, so it's not definitely OCD.

Well fingers crossed for you and Simba!

The breeder is right in that environmental factors do play a part. There is also, as i've said, a chance that the breeder has done everything possible to prevent hip dysplasia of any kind, by hip scoring, and not using any dogs/bitches with a high score... but that doesn't necassarilly mean that off spring will have low hip scores too. In fact, Fletcher's 'low score' of a total of 8, is higher than that of his dam and sire's!

Technically any score above 0 is 'mild' hip dysplasia, but it's unrealistic to expect only 0's in any breed to be bred from (i actually only know of one Samoyed that has this score)

Hi again Bindii,

Just re-read your post. The vet has put Simba on macrolone and if he doesn't improve by the end

of the week, he wants to do an arthroscopy and or X-rays to see if it might be OCD.

I really hope it isan't as an arthroscopy is expensive and so is an operation :)

So i will let all of you guy's know more at the end of the week.

XXToughgirlXX

Hi,

I hope no offence is taken here, but I would seek advice from a second vet practice.

But if this dog was mine, I would be x-raying.

The reason I say seek other advice is I know of cases where a vet has decided that an operation is needed.

The owners have got a second opinion, and have found out that an Op was not needed and was rectified in other ways.

There was even one vet that said a dog that I breed was infertile...complete infertile......HE THEN SIRED TWO LITTERS WITHIN TWO MONTHS OF THE DIAGNOSIS!!!! without any treatments. I call it immaculate conception. :laugh: (I think he had approx 16 pups from the 2 litters). Not bad from a boy without any live sperm!

So vets do get it wrong.

Get a second opinion.

Some vets are specialist in areas. Toughgirl....find a specialist!

Yes I am sensitive at the moment as I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put my girl down on Friday :rofl:, but geez don't write off SA breeders just on 1 or 2 peoples say so who are not even in the state.

So sorry to hear of your loss :rofl: It is such a hard decision to make, but lovely that you can help her when she must have needed to be free. She has her wings now. RIP Beautiful Tara.

I don't think anyone wrote them off, i thought we all said that we didn't have any experience or knowledge of SA breeders? I think Icemist may have said something like that and he's not even in Victoria :)

Please pass the details of this breeder onto Bonnie Parker as i'm sure she would prefer to be able to go and meet the breeders personally, so it's great that you, a local, have seen this thread :rofl:

Hi,

Sorry about your loss Melo. It is hard losing part of your family, especially a Sammy. They love you unconditionally through the good times and the bad times.

I understand that are upset by your loss, but what I said was

"In SA, there are a few, but you will get better quality from VIC."

I look at this as a State wide view (eg Vic v NSW), not as a single or individual breeder ( eg Icemist v Skyforger).

VIC has always had the strongest dogs and lines.

There was no writing off of SA breeders, and I DID NOT say that the quality coming from SA was poor or anything like that, I said that the quality (breeding) of Samoyed is better in VIC (state wide view). And this goes for all the States and Territories. Traditionally, and history of this breed, going back to the 1950 -60's with the "Great and Legendry" Kalina Kennels in Victoria have always dominated with the quality of the breed.

That is why nearly ALL the top Samoyed breeders through out Australia have started and gone on from strength to strength because of those dogs that have come from the boundaries within VIC, including the ones in SA. This is still happening today. Most breeders when looking for a stud dog will investigate VIC due to the vast amounts of breeders and the quality they produce within that state.

All the top Kennels today and in yester-year in Australia, have all started with Kalina stock or from Kalina stock (VIC). A FACT that is not, can not be debated by anyone with knowledge into the history of the breed.

Mrs Eve Sydenham-Clarke, owner of Kalina, is WORLD recognised, and is without doubt, will go down in history within this breed, and all breeds.

She is the Grand Mother to all Samoyeds in this country. She brought into this country, and has bred some of Australia's greatest Samoyeds. which will be behind nearly every Samoyeds lines (exception to the current imports).

It is good that your breeder has supported you for 10 years. IMO, who ever your breeder is, if they have supported you, through thick and thin, I will pat them on the back. :laugh: There should be more support from breeder’s wether the pups are pets or show.

It’s good to hear this, and there is no offense to your breeder or others from any state, by saying what have said.

My Views being a second generation breeder, being within the breed since 1975, trialling and showing Samoyeds since 1985...... and yes I know what breeders are breeding in all states inc SA....I also know the history of the breed to make my opinion. And this is my opinion alone without be biased or impartial to any breeder within Australia. :)

"Great and Legendry" Kalina Kennels in Victoria have always dominated with the quality of the breed.

That is why nearly ALL the top Samoyed breeders through out Australia have started and gone on from strength to strength because of those dogs that have come from the boundaries within VIC, including the ones in SA. This is still happening today. Most breeders when looking for a stud dog will investigate VIC due to the vast amounts of breeders and the quality they produce within that state.

All the top Kennels today and in yester-year in Australia, have all started with Kalina stock or from Kalina stock (VIC). A FACT that is not, can not be debated by anyone with knowledge into the history of the breed.

Mrs Eve Sydenham-Clarke, owner of Kalina, is WORLD recognised, and is without doubt, will go down in history within this breed, and all breeds.

She is the Grand Mother to all Samoyeds in this country. She brought into this country, and has bred some of Australia's greatest Samoyeds. which will be behind nearly every Samoyeds lines (exception to the current imports).

It is good that your breeder has supported you for 10 years. IMO, who ever your breeder is, if they have supported you, through thick and thin, I will pat them on the back. :laugh: There should be more support from breeder's wether the pups are pets or show.

It's good to hear this, and there is no offense to your breeder or others from any state, by saying what have said.

I completely agree with you Icemist :rofl: Kalina is the foundation of Australian Samoyeds and we have Mrs Y Sydenham-Clarke to thank for that. Some of the stunning dogs - Eng & Aust Ch. Imperial Rebel of Kobe (imp UK), Ch. Kalina Kirof Kozak, Ch. Kalina Uki Tochka, Ch. Kalina Silver Troika (to name a couple) played a part in the establishment of our beautiful breed and it is because of the Kalina Kennels. In Vic, we have a recently introduced a Kalina Trophy at our yearly Championship Show, which is awarded to an Import or progeny of an import to knowledge the wonderful contribution Mrs Sydenham-Clark did by importing loving dogs and establishing lines here in Australia. Kalina is definitely a name everyone knows in Australia and around the world. I enjoy looking at the old dogs and the lines, especially photo's on the original Samoyeds, they really haven't changed that much as time goes on.

In regards to keeping in contact with puppy buyers, we like to know our puppies are well and happy and try and keep a relationship with their owners long after the puppies grow up. This way if the person comes into a situation where they can no longer care for the puppy, hopefully we will be their first to call. It is always nice to feel they can turn to the breeder for advise as I think Malo appreciated the relationship with her breeder. A puppy buyer sent me photo's the other day of Tamiera's (Ch Airebis Arctic Whispers) Son and Daughter, they are 9 years old and 11 years old and very happy. It brought a tear to my eye as they are very similar to her.

As for Victorian Dogs, we have a large number of very competitive Samoyeds in Victoria (I think we average the highest entry at shows). So there's more to choose from here :) plus we have a few imports. I am looking forward to the National in June to see all the dogs around Australia. Icemist are you heading to the National?