Claratyne Dosage For Grass Itchy Dog

grass contact allergy is the bane of my life - though we get quite a good result with Evening Primrose Oil vet grade shampoo from groomers, have also been giving the food supplement.

at its worst recently it was weeping and oozing and red all over her tummy a week of washing has seen the redness settling and the itching settling, by no means 100 per cent but improved

am about to try paw paw ointment to help moisturise the area at night

Hi,

The dose is 0.5mg/kg and 5-10mg/dog.

I would give your dog half a 10mg tablet once a day.

Human antihistamines don't have the same success rate as they do in people though, and sometimes you need to try a few different ones before you find one that works. In my experience though, antihistamines have done very little to help contact allergies and irritants unfortunately.

Edited by stormie

grass contact allergy is the bane of my life - though we get quite a good result with Evening Primrose Oil vet grade shampoo from groomers, have also been giving the food supplement.

at its worst recently it was weeping and oozing and red all over her tummy a week of washing has seen the redness settling and the itching settling, by no means 100 per cent but improved

am about to try paw paw ointment to help moisturise the area at night

:laugh: Thankyou for your replies, I have used polaromine previously with good sucess , but the chemist had run out of it ? thats why I got claratyne, again thanks

DD

Edited by daccydog