Leonberger

Troy

Hope to see more interesting things on here about beautiful Leo's!

Ofcourse there is nothing more rewarding then meeting them in person.

Cant wait to have a Leo in our lives, especially as an assistance dog for Tithen!

:) More info, more pictures!! :D

Hi Silverwolf.

I wanted to start a new topic, but I'm not able to - don't know why it won't let me :-(. We have quite a few of our offspring owners of leonbergers in Queensland, especially in Brisbane, so maybe I could organise for you to visit one of our puppy owners to meet some leos in the flesh and ask questions of the owners? Just let me know what suburb or town you live in and I'll let you know if we have any there. They make fantastic assistance dogs if trained well from a puppy. My email addy is [email protected] if you want to keep your contact details and whereabouts private :-). Warm Regards, Elsha.

OOPS sorry, just noticed you are in NSW - we have even more offspring in Sydney and NSW and there's a great leo community there already. Same applies :-).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wannabe Leonberger owners & admirers of the breed who are located in Victoria should try to come along to the Utility Club of Victoria Rare Breeds & Championship Shows at KCC Park on Sunday 25th July 2010.

It will be well worth the trip as there are at least 17 Leos entered in the Rare Breeds Show !!!!!

What a fantastic opportunity to meet so many of these magnificent dogs in person. The ages will range from 8mths to 8years + with a fairly even mix of boys & girls to pay you lots of attention & offer loving Leo licks :lollipop:

Hope to see some of you there - the Leos & their owners will make you very :rofl:

Wannabe Leonberger owners & admirers of the breed who are located in Victoria should try to come along to the Utility Club of Victoria Rare Breeds & Championship Shows at KCC Park on Sunday 25th July 2010.

It will be well worth the trip as there are at least 17 Leos entered in the Rare Breeds Show !!!!!

What a fantastic opportunity to meet so many of these magnificent dogs in person. The ages will range from 8mths to 8years + with a fairly even mix of boys & girls to pay you lots of attention & offer loving Leo licks :lollipop:

Hope to see some of you there - the Leos & their owners will make you very :rofl:

Hi Lyndsay, I soooo wish I could come too!!! Not possible with puppies though, otherwise I would make the effort. One of our girls from our last litter called Meia will be coming with her owner. Meia is only going to be 5 months old, but won't be entered in the show this time. Next time round. Too much paperwork to do before she's eligble. I did forward the stuff to Lyn, so she'll contact you soon :-).

Hi Lyndsay, I soooo wish I could come too!!! Not possible with puppies though, otherwise I would make the effort. One of our girls from our last litter called Meia will be coming with her owner. Meia is only going to be 5 months old, but won't be entered in the show this time. Next time round. Too much paperwork to do before she's eligble. I did forward the stuff to Lyn, so she'll contact you soon :-).

Hi Elsha - hope all of your pups are doing well - still not sure I could ever go down the breeding track again so I admire those who do.

It will be great to meet Lyn & Meia - We will all be there well before 9am but Lyn doesn't have to get there so early - It's usually a long day.

4 - possibly 5 of Saffy's pups will be there - I can't wait to see them again so that I can give them a big :lollipop:

Kerrie from Tassie & 4 of the NSW Leo folk are coming to Melb for the show - they are all staying with me - that should be great fun - like a big Leo slumber party - :hug: I'm so looking forward to seeing them all - especially Beth :rofl:

I'll have my camera so will be sure to send you through some pics of the day seeing as you can't be there.

Cheers - Lyndsay

What a fantastic opportunity to meet so many of these magnificent dogs in person. The ages will range from 8mths to 8years + with a fairly even mix of boys & girls to pay you lots of attention & offer loving Leo licks :rofl:

Hope to see some of you there - the Leos & their owners will make you very :o

I know you will all have a fabulous day....wish we could be there too!! What a great chance to showcase our lovely breed! Mia sends leo licks to here leo friends and rellies too!

Edited by K9Kath

Excellent topic!!

Everything everyone has said about their Leo is very very true!

My Girl is from http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/marjen/ a breeder in VIC, i am based in Perth (but moving to NSW)

I also have a beagle and a cavalier. My beagle and Leo are best of friends, they play together all the time and keep each other company. Misha (leo) has learnt to be gentle with SUnnie (beagle) She will sometimes get a bit rough but he will tell her off.

Misha is definetly my shadow, has to know where i am and then she will relax. She has been fine in any situation i have put her in, if its with kids or with grandparents she is always great. Of course she has her moments of being nuts but 99% of the time she is perfect.

I find she will also pick up on my moods as well, if im sick she has to be right next to me, literally laying on my feet.

Brushing and grooming is a lot of work but i find if you stay ontop of it then you are ok. They definetly arent a wash and wear dog like i find with my beagle. I do have to vacuum every few days so i dont get tumble weeds as well.

She is great with dogs at the park, has never had a growl or started a fight but i did socalise her when she was young and also did a lot of obdience as well.

I think the grooming out weights what a great dog they are, i definetly will never be without a leo..they sure make an impression!

• 4 weeks later...

hi all i have being thinking of getting a giant dog it has being between the bermese and the leo but after reading up on the leos , we have discovered that this guys seem best suited to our family home i have emails many nsw breeders with no replies . but have had 1 reply from a nz lady who has being of a great help i'm looking at getting one next year or the year after we were looking at getting one this year but that fell back at this stage as one of my dogs went missing two weeks ago and hasn't being found so , i think next year we might leave it too as i'm hoping to find my girl and have all my dogs bond together . i have young kids so need a quite and gentle breed and also have horses but i'm a active person who is a stay at home mum who wants a dog that is still fairly active but not nutty lol and loves water and ball games but this all comes down to training as well ,

how do they adapted to city life i have a huge yard massive fenced all the way around secure colour bond fencing and also have 25 acres across the road where i keep my horses and the dogs are allowed off leash while feeding eth horses twice a day . i'm still doing research but would love to meet some breeder dogs .

Hi Kat99 (and any lurking Leonberger lovers)

If you are in Sydney, there will be a Leo fun day held at Annandale this Sunday, with lots of Leos attending, including some which have been flown over from breeders in New Zealand. If you'd like to attend, here are the contact details:

Sunday 22nd of August 2010

Federal Park, Annandale Under the Arches

Fun day starting around 12 noon...

There will be people attending who have Leos on acreage, Leos in the city, and people who have shown, bred, done obedience or agility with their Leos, so come along and ask us questions!

I will be there with my Leo Singe, and my honorary Leos Sass the Pyrenean and Amethyst the greyhound. Come and say hi!

• 5 months later...

For any Melbourne / Victoria based Leo owners there is a new social group called (appropriately :wave: ) Melbourne Leos!

This is NOT a breed club - just a social group of Leo owners in this region who wish to form friendships with Leo owners near to them & meet up at least 4 plus times a year for Leo fundays :thumbsup:

If you are interested in joining in with this social group please go to the Yahoo homepage.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/MelbourneLeonbergers/

We have our first Leo funday organised in February at Kepala Canine Country Club

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hi - Anyone interested in the Leonberger breed should make a trip out to KCC Park this Sunday (31st July 2011) as there are 17 Leos entered in the Utility Dog Club of Victoria Rare Breeds & Champ Shows. :thumbsup:

There will also be other Leos present around lunchtime to celebrate the 12th birthdays of 2 veteran Leos.

It's a great chance to see a large number of this rare & beautiful breed in the one place.

Cheers