Need Recommendation/s

Erny

Dyzney - thanks for enquiring. I could list a whole bunch of things, but they might be incidental. I've reported them all to the Vets so that they can sift through and sort the ones of relevance. None outstandingly great but then perhaps there are very subtle improvements that will take a bit of time to show themselves to the eye. Other things are things he's shown signs of before. I think I'll be looking for improvement when the Chinese meds come through and also after he's had at least the 2nd acupunture treatment.

If you are willing to travel to Morwell Dr Kate Haines of LaTrobe Vet Group is qualified in accupuncture, Bowen therapy and is a Masters in Veterinary Chiropractics( she teaches the chiro students at the Vet uni's) . Also we have a mobile vet here now who worked with Dr Haines and is qualified in Vet Chiropractics.

PM me if you want details.

Hope Mandela soon heals for you.

Thanks all. You know, I really have been just taking each thing as it presents itself, and dealing with it the best way I believe I can. But beyond that (and lamenting on the expense of the vet bills, special diet, etc etc .... hey, ya gotta be allowed a whinge every now and again :o) I really haven't thought much other than moving on and forward.

But I didn't realise how much your support (just from your understanding and sympathy) actually means until you've expressed it. Thanks :dunce:. It helps. And yes - there always seems to be something that I have to deal with for Mandela. I'm trusting that I'm just getting rid of all the bad stuff in one hit and that when things come right it will be smooth sailing for the rest of his life :D.

Cheers!

She'll be right (mate) ! :D

Erny

Edited by Erny

Dr Carl is sincerely one of the best in Melbourne. He is one of the 3 vets in Melbourne who teaches for the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society. You are in good hands.

Fantastic - thank you Alanglen. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. :dunce:

And thanks Inspector Rex. At this stage of the game I think I'll run with the recommendation of my Vet/s (who I trust implicitly) and also with the confirmation of support that the referred Vet/acupuncturist has received here. But I can always refer back here if I need to know another name.

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

Mandela had his second acupunture treatment yesterday afternoon, with Dr. Carl. What a lovely person he is, too - and good with dogs (and people).

Anyway, he was aware of the records from Mandela's first treatment with Dr. Bruce and Dr. Genevieve and made the remark that the first treatment has obviously helped because Mandela was not all that sore on his back as he was before the first treatment.

Mandela wasn't sedated for this lot and whilst the needles went in ok, Mandela is not the sort of dog to just hang loose mother goose by relaxing, so Dr. Carl injected a few of the acupuncture points with Vitamin B12. Apparently the effect of that is similar if not same to acupuncture stimulation. Mandela was absolutely zonked last night from the treatment and I notice that he is a bit uncomfortable for 24 hours following. This is apparently normal due to the body "adjusting".

Mandela is on Chinese Herbal Medicine as well, now (since last Friday night) and one of the things that's been startling obvious is that the colour of his poop is improved dramatically. Spoke with Dr. Gen today and conversed about the changes and she's very happy that he seems to be responding well to the treatments. She mentioned that the Chinese Herbal Medicines she's given us to add to his food won't really properly kick in and shows signs of much improvement for a couple of weeks.

Some signs of change are really hard to tell if it is in direct correlation to the treatments, as his symptoms habitually come and go and these changes can occur within 24 hours. Especially his skin issues - one moment I'm :laugh: and then no sooner done, then things turn down again and I'm :mad . So until more time goes by I really don't know if his skin looking good is due to treatments or whether it is going through its normal cycle. But I am really pleased with how his coat looks and just how he looks, in general, at the moment. There is a single hive here and another there, but they are really tiny and there is only one or two - a VAST improvement on that when the hives first broke out. Skin on the inside of his back legs is improving as well (he has bouts of red rash - pustulous (sp?) pimples). Whether these improvements will continue along that vein or not is what I don't yet know without more time.

In a couple of weeks (giving the Chinese herbal treatment time to do their job) I'll be contacting Dr Bruce to discuss what Mandela is like at that point and we'll determine from there as to whether another visit is warranted for further assessment. Dr. Gen (who will be by then OS for 6 months) said there are other things she wishes to treat to strengthen Mandela's system, but she doesn't like to bombard the system with more than about two different herbs at the same time (which is what he is on at the moment).

Edited by Erny