Just Had The Biggest Fright

first timer

Bella was sitting at our back door and I noticed she didnt look right...I went up to her and her whole face was swollen and her eyes were nearly shut :laugh:

I rushed her to the vets and they said she has been biten by a bee :heart: the poor puppy I felt so bad...but they assured me she would be fine after the injection and it should settle down in a few hours...

But my god she scared the crap outta me :D I didnt even get dressed to take her to the vets :heart:

The same thing happened to my boy charlie my vet gave him the shot that time but told me to give him human antihistamine next time it happened. It has yet to happen agian though. An even though i was told to do that by a vet i'd rather just get the shot i'm worried i'll give him the wrong one or he'll be allergic an die or something.

Our 14 month old GSD was stung/bitten by something in the house Sunday week ago and was immediately swollen like a football. Her litter are particularly susceptible to bees/wasps, as we discovered a few months ago when 2 litter sisters went down after receiving multiple stings from a wasp.

Within minutes this time, we dosed her with Claratyne and she looked a bit better, combined with a cold compress on her poor eyes for about an hour to lessen her discomfort. But even after a few hours she was not back to normal and the vets were closed, so I gave her a Telfast tablet as well and she improved greatly.

When the 2 girls were attacked, one of them went into shock and our vet told us to give them an antihistemine and if one brand did not work, to try a second brand, because like humans, dogs react to different brands differently.

We now carry antihistemine in our cars just in case.